So this just happened on Miller during an alert (4:20 pm)

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Keelin, May 13, 2013.

1. Chioxin

I wanted to reply to you, in hopes to get your attention and in a thread relevant to the right subject! I hope you read this. ;)

Just a suggestion, that I am sure I posted elsewhere.

Most MMO's allow server transfers off high population servers to lower population servers. You guys might want to consider the same deal. Let the high population faction transfer off their server to one with a lower population, and let them do it for free. That way you'll fix the problem on two different servers. Leave the offer up for 2 weeks, or until populations are balanced. People can start up a character on the other server and play around for a bit, see if it's a good fit for them ping/play wise before actually accepting the transfer if they are that concerned.

Of course I don't know if you guys have the tools for doing character transfers as such, I'd assume you would, as it's a typical and normal feature most MMO's have. Further more, you've already merged servers. So some kinda character transferring service does exist. ;)
  2. Spookydodger

If they do this, then they should at least allow you to log into the character for VR / getting your passive certs / etc. Perhaps make a common base (space station?) that you can log into, but you can't go to a continent if you are "locked".

A downside to this is if you play with friends on different servers. You wouldn't be able to play.

Perhaps instead of a lock, they did an XP penalty or cert gain penalty. Sure, you can switch, but your character is going to get a fraction of their XP for the event.
  3. Spookydodger

At least we know why you play, thanks for the info!
  4. GhostAvatar

Shame, I was going to add you as a friend ingame.
  5. maxkeiser

Yours, presumably?
    • Up x 1
  6. eggy

Most of this was down to faction hoppers and nothing else.
    You could see it happening hex by hex.
    TR pop slowly grew server pop until they had 51% of the entire server pop as people faction swapped to get the free certs.
    5 minutes after the alert ended.
    Server pops.
    33% VS
    36% TR
    31% NC

.. and massive chunks of all three empires went back to ghost capping/steam rolling there adopted cont.
  7. Nonorf

33% VS ? Impossibruuu !
  8. NightmareP69

Both Miller and Ceres are absolutely terrible servers to play, the stupid amount of TR makes it pointless to even play the game. I started playing on Mattherson a bit and it's so much fun 33% on almost all three sides and look the TR are getting warplocked everywhere when it's a fair fight
  9. PS2Freak

I dont enjoy it anymore, with such overpopulated tr on miller. we nc should make a pause from play and leave tr die to boredom. this cant go on like this, this is too much.

the solution for servers population problems must arrive ASAP.

i will play for month more but if nothing changes, i will leave the game... i want true and fair fights, i dont want play game sadomasochistic to hurt my nerves everytime.
  10. Ash87

Yeah, that is why people have been getting worried about transfers potentially exacerbating the issue.
  11. Acceleratio

Actually the idea of not beeing able to switch a characters without without a waiting time would be the best solution

However this also brings a draw back. Every day i have to log in with each char to get my passive certs. I have NO intention to wait like 1 hour every day just to get my passive cert points. SOE needs to find a better solution.

maybe at this timer for alerts only would be a start...
  12. Luperza Community Manager

Server Transfer Tokens are in the Roadmap backlog. ;)
  13. JonboyX

First token free yes? :)
    • Up x 4
  14. Qel

It's just pretty disheartening to log in and see such imbalances. You just know you'll basically be either going to places where no action is happening to cap stuff or spending the entire night acting as a (tiny) speedbump for the TR zerg on it's way to your warpgate because due to sheer numbers there isn't that much you can do.

Sure obviously being on the back foot and having to defend is fine every now and then, you don't need to win every time to have fun. But now when an alert is on you just see people talking in the warpgate along the lines of 'what's the point, we have no chance against that pop' you wonder why you bothered logging in at all.

Perceptions like that are important whether they're completely true or not. People see the TR winning alert after alert with dominating scores (at 51% of amerish on the current one) and see the TR players getting stronger and stronger as a result of the cert gain and think 'why do I bother', or worse 'if I can't beat them, join them'.

With this kind of imbalance and the incoming lattice which will only make such imbalances worse (i.e. make the game even more about numbers than it is now) I really fear for Miller's future.
    • Up x 1
  15. pnkdth

Good, I'm going TR. Trollolololol. Naw, nevar giving up mah purple pants.

Also, try to recommend server based on faction choice as well.
  16. TintaBux

They are more active running 2 + platoons daily, but they are open outfit open to all with any welcome to join, so there's currently loads of inactive members giving the % you stated (Though they suppose to be cleaning up, for example many low br's not played for months on there, like something 1600 members, but only 600 active as its open outfit for all to join without any registration)

In terms of organization it depends on the leader, I've played with 252, wasp, and all them and Syndicate are equally as organized if the right leader, seen it many a time they be out numbered heavily and defy the odds against the best outfits TR and VS has to offer, and helping winning alerts with key caps and defends (Working with other outfits like that also)

But as its such a big outfit and active pretty much until late morning its often hard to find good leaders for all that time so sometimes it naturally gets a bit messy in those situations. Its especially harder as so many members joining all time as its open outfit for all to just join asking in chat (Which is a good thing for NC but hard for anyone trying to keep track of an outfit like that, especially if no good leaders on all time every day none stop)

Usually its like one big squad though if they not running private, so they get things done often more so than the other outfits and because they more active later at night as other outfits members are less active, they end up doing most of the work for NC often later on (And there ends up being mixed outfit platoon like syndicate + other outfits in one platoon)
  17. League

It's simple, the VS and NC on Miller need to agree to leave each other alone and kerb stomp the TR from different sides of the map.
  18. RF404

Well, I can't really argue against any of that. I only know of what I've been told by current/previous members, and according to them organization and leadership (or the lack there of) has been a big issue.
  19. BadLlama

I think you may want to think about bumping that up on the schedule to be done sooner rather than later. It also wouldn't be a bad idea to give them to some number of active players on a overpopulated server for free, and maybe even give the Station Cash for transferring. There is nothing wrong with bribing players :p
    • Up x 1
  20. Assist

Unfortunately players on these low populated factions are beginning to move their Planetside 2 playtime to their backlog's as well. Hopefully you guys figure out the important issues to FPS gamers, such as balanced gameplay(Which includes player population).
    • Up x 1