Why do people keep complaining about the TR?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Goolloom, May 13, 2013.

1. GhostAvatar

Actually you might want to check the stats before you going making statements like that. The striker underperforms by a big difference against both the Phoenix and the Lancer at all battle ranks.

Source: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0AmUavphHXmIxdFhHUzJfN1VYalRnWS0xMnBUdTJpM1E&gid=65

And thats just vehicle kills, considering the Phoenix and Lancer can both kill infantry as well if required. The striker is far from being OP in any way shape or form.
  2. DashRendar

The Striker is still the best lockon launcher by a far bit, and a single Striker controls air presence better than a half squad of Burster Max.

So what's your excuse for the Prowler which even post nerf scores the highest in every measurable area? TR just has better drivers?

TR infantry weapons also have the highest raw DPS of any faction, meaning that if a hacker were going to use spread/recoil hacks, TR would be the best faction to go with.
  3. Sworaven

What are you smoking and where do I buy some :eek:?
    • Up x 4
  4. datfluttershy

Well you have to consider the general Population on servers - if the TR has a higher ammount of Pop on a whiney kids server - of course there will be more "ermagerd nerf TR" threads. You add in the regular base of ppl that have no clue what they are writing about and you have a vast majority of ppl complaining about TR beeing OP.
    Though be happy - VS got that mindless nerf all the things talk from the forums as well. "Nerf Burster Max" was also one of the most beloved threads, where people that ran into a double shotgun armed steelmonster complained it was op.

When it comes to concernes about balance most people just dont leave out the fact that Population is still the one and only thing that can overcome everything, if a Faction has the Pop advantage on a server, ppl will QQ on the forums about how they are OP and pull some numbers out of some online documents.

@GhostAvatar:
    The Striker, just like every other Lock-On system is OP. It gives strength to the helpless and weak that are incapable to get dodo done without the assistance of a system the aims for them. Because if it is completly idiot proof, it is out of balance because the individual skill of the player is not concerend while using that weaponsystem.
  5. DashRendar

Reaver ashes, buy a Striker.
  6. Cab00se187

You're kidding right? Flares max cooldown is 25 seconds. Striker has almost instant lock on with rapid fire. And that's just from one player.
  7. Sworaven

Already have one, thanks! That's how I know you're talking ****.
  8. Sworaven

Stats compared to other lock-ons?
  9. GhostAvatar

When did other lock on come into this argument, but nice go at trying to modify your argument just because you got proven wrong. The simply fact is that the Phoenix isn't UP (definitely not the most underperforming ESRL as per original statement) and is actually performing the best in its intended role. But since you want to bring other factors into this discussion, lets talk about how the Decimator performs better than the Striker in vechile kills; https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0AmUavphHXmIxdFhHUzJfN1VYalRnWS0xMnBUdTJpM1E&gid=66

And I make no excuses about the Prowler at all, since it wasn't even being discussed. But since you want to lie about that as well and say it is the best in every measurable way, let look at every measurable way shall we.

Average score/hour
    Prowler: 6391
    Magrider: 6941

Median score/hour
    Prowler: 6193
    Magrider: 6892

Average kills/hour
    Prowler: 16.18
    Magrider: 16.20

Average vehicle kills/hour
    Prowler: 5.66
    Magrider: 6.42

Average deaths/hour
    Prowler: 1.19
    Magrider: 1.03

Average damage/hour
    Prowler: 39000
    Magrider: 41200

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0AmUavphHXmIxdFhHUzJfN1VYalRnWS0xMnBUdTJpM1E&gid=32

Nope, not seeing it at all in any measurable way.

/end discussion.
  10. Macchus

Red and black obviously make TR more op than Blue and yellow . i cant make it any simpler .
  11. DashRendar

Here's some stats for you: It takes every other ES G2A rocket platform in the game 4 locked rockets to take down a fighter from full health.

The Striker does it in 7 rockets, 5 in a clip, or 1.2 equivalent rockets from any other launcher.
  12. Macchus

YES!!!!
  13. Macchus

Aw **** i didnt realize this was a seriosu thread .
  14. GhostAvatar

All AA only lock ons are 2.5s, all AV only lock ons are 2s, Striker is slap bang in the middle with 2.25s. The Striker lock on was reduced in the last patch due to its fire rate being reduced as well (something to do with the PA firing mechanics being used for the Striker).
    • Up x 1
  15. Sworaven

For that, all 7 rockets need to hit.
  16. Cab00se187

Does that matter when you have 20 guys with them and they can lock at 500+ meters
  17. Zagz

The planetside community is very emotional. A person vouches for it's own faction and hates the other two.

PS2 is the perfect example of how we humans, choose a side and suddenly hate the rest. The VS players are often seens as the nerds of the game while they see the TR as the Zergs and pubbers. The NC have the superiority ego and vice versa hehe...

Seriously, I could go and own a VS player until he hates me and all... than, I would make a VS alt and join his faction, team up with him and quickly become his new best buddy and together, we would laughing about the TR...
  18. Sworaven

So basically you're saying: "NERF TEAMWORK! TEAMWORK OP!"
    • Up x 2
  19. MikeyGeeMan

You want it so bad, lets switch. I'll take any weapon and kill your esfs with it.

So who wants to trade. Then you'll tell me that one is op.
  20. ladiesop

That's why the striker gets so many complaints. It's secretly a pump action shotgun.
    • Up x 1