Why do people keep complaining about the TR?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Goolloom, May 13, 2013.

1. Tommyp2006

Norther. Indar. Warpgate. Our population jumped massively the day of the switch.
    • Up x 2
  2. McCainSmaashh

I used to think that NC had the worst guns. Now after playing TR, I realize that their firearms are a bit OP if not easy mode. Generally do feel now that TR have absolutely the most terrible firearms ATM.

There is nothing special about them that Vanu doesn't mimic other than very slight characteristics that don't really benefit TTK. NC get higher damage obviously. Vanu get slightly better starting accuracy and no bullet drop, lower recoil.

I enjoy playing the prowler and mossi.
    • Up x 2
  3. St0mpy

agree, ive tested all three factions guns and studied the stats, overall NC get higher damage, better handling and more choice while TR/VS are both fairly terrible across the board with a slimmed down number of reliably usable weapons.
    • Up x 1
  4. MikeyGeeMan

We have the worst weapons and still win.

We get nerfed and still win.

We have a shiny new commissar hat?
  5. EliteEskimo

Fixed :D
  6. Gendomaoken

And how did you actually try all more advanced NC weapons, to be sure its so awesome? In vr, where nothing moves and has 0 armor? You bought weapons for every NC class with SC?
    Ill say i also played TR for a bit, and their default weapons are also very good. Medic and Engi default guns kick ***, and i have incredible blast with carv. I also tested anchor mode, and i loved it. I just didnt buy anything like striker or fracture, so i wont make any "OMG YOUR FACTION FUNNER THAN MINE" comments, cause if you cant taste ALL of it in the field, you cant give any detailed opinion.
    Also, i guess thats just the factor of "grass is always greener on the other side" eh.
    Or maybe it was refreshing to play other faction and try their perks.
    Either way, youre welcome to join NC, if you want.
  7. AssaultPig

The differences between infantry weapons aren't large enough to justify all the whining that goes on about them. I think TR probably have the best collection of guns on the whole, but every faction has nice weapons and even the 'worst' ones aren't that bad.

Most of the complaining about TR seems to stem from 1) the prowler and 2) the striker. The prowler isn't as ridiculous as it used to be, but it's still the best anti-infantry tank and most of the time, that's what you need tanks to do. I don't think the striker is overpowered necessarily, but it really drives away aircraft and I understand why pilots wouldn't like it much.

TR also have the best ESF more or less by acclimation, but as with the infantry weapons the differences aren't large enough to justify the amount of complaining that goes on.
  8. IamDH

If your VS complain about the NC
    if your NC complain about TR
    If you aren't in the mood for that complain about pop size :)
  9. MikeyGeeMan

Bottom line people complain when they lose.

The tr has the most success overall thus the masses attack.

Unfortunately the only way the vs or nc can beat us is In the forums. Nerf this nerf that.

Go practice in vr a bit. It might help you.
  10. McCainSmaashh

Back then, when ROF was king (still kind of is) with the flinch mechanic. Having lower bloom was valuable as TR/VS. Now the flinch mechanic is based on damage done per shot rather than reacting to the amount of rounds a person was hit by.

Just look at the stats between a TMG 50 and the stock Gauss Saw for Heavy. I don't really see where the TMG 50 has an advantage other than maybe slightly lower first shot recoil multiplier. The slightly higher ROF, lower bloom, etc doesn't lead to tangible comparison to what the NC6 Gauss SAW provides.
  11. TintaBux

Why do TR keep complaining about everything?
  12. HadesR

Because they make threads like this and make the same noise as the Phoenix ?
    • Up x 1
  13. Zar

run flares pop them once you get a lock do your run, THEN RUN ***** <--- flying 101 and yes lockons are a deterrent but i do this with any rocket launcher that i get locked with i have no idea how many are down their hit and run tactics or die to a AA max or AA launcher welcome to flying.
  14. Sebastien

Why do i see much more threads about the NC being OP. Simply why? The TR looks much more OP than the NC personally.
  15. Fenrisk

TR gamers are OP
    NC weapons are OP
    VS Camo is OP

Forumside is OP
    • Up x 6
  16. Zar

i think they both have their broken tools. I play both sides and i kill people about the same on both sides. I have "**** THAT GUY" moments on both and i still think shotguns are noskill tools for the bad fps players. I will say this fix the damn nose gun on the reaver that's just mean. love dog fighting but the reaver while you can account for it and i do just seems silly to have such an offset gun. i can not comment on the vs never played one.
  17. DkwF

IT is all about the warpgates. Before the switch TR could hardly cap any continent for too long at least. But now that they have all teh best warpgates they have auto 50% continent capped.

Why the southern warpgate on Esamir is for TR now? Both Indar and Amerish had the "logical" rotation (same situation than when the game was launched), but on Esamir a different rule was applied and TR got the south instead of VS.

Anyway, no one should have more than one "good" warpgate at the same time. We all know wich warpgates I am talking about.
  18. Kaon1311

How about giving TR a sheild that makes them immune to the NC and VS ESLs for 10 seconds, sound fair? :D
  19. Shinrah

Yes, but the difference is: Lock-On´s force everyone to retreat or seek cover. You never know wether it´s only 1 or 2 strikers or a whole group that lock´d you. So your only option is to use defensive measures and seek cover. The Striker also does more DMG than the Annihilator and like it locks air and ground targets. That´s why it´s alot more popular than any other lock-on launcher.

Lancers are mainly good in large groups of 5+ people against targets within medium range, and they still require you to actually hit. If your target breaks LoS or deviates a bit from it´s course you miss. Phoenix are limited in their range and DPS, the farther away a target the longer it takes to navigate your missile. It´s also just like the Lancer not good against aircraft that do anything but hover.

Also no other faction seems to have as many HA´s as TR, 7/10 of those apparently roll the striker. At least, thats my impression. For every other class I kill, I kill at least 3 TR HA´s. If I run with my fellow Vanu, I do see Lancers these days -- after they got 4 buffs to make em semi viable-- but not many.

And the Striker isn´t the only reason TR are so popular. Your newest toy the Fracture seems to be carried on almost every MAX I meet these days. They played quite a large role in pushing VS Miller back on Saturday, they deal awesome dmg against VHC´s are very viable against infantry and have a fast travel time.

Then there´s the Prowler, by far the best MBT to simply spam away. Not to say VS and NC don´t have their tankzergs and spam areas with explosives, but no faction and no tank is as good for it as the Prowler. The Prowler is also quite fast, a good ability when your enemies roll weapons like Lancer and Phoenix.

Last but not least the Mossie, easiest to use ESF for "advanced flying maneuvers". The Reaver struggles with an offset nosegun, the Scythe struggles with slow *** bullet velocity. (Higby even tweeted that the Scythe will get a buff in a couple of weeks to fix this). The Scythe also gives no visual indication when to start reverse maneuvers, sth. no good Pilot can do without anymore in dogfights.

So yeah, while I don´t think the Striker/Prowler/Mossie are OP, I think they are all easy to use and very powerful without any real disadvantages. (See how I didn´t mention Fracture here?)
    TR are also Red+Black and probably appeal to alot of new players, more so than purple spandex alien lovers and cardbox freedom fighters.
    • Up x 1
  20. Makora

Am I the only one who finds it funny that this thread immediately on the first page went to striker bashing?

It's not an "I WIN!" button that some people seem to make it out to be. Our weapons are... weapons. They have nothing special about them. If we REALLY had the fire rate superiority (that's actually noticeable not some token few more bullets) yeah, I'd get the complaints. But.. we're average. People complain because they want to complain. If this was a farming game, someone would call our radishes OP because they are "genetically modified" or something even more nuts.

Sometimes ya derpin', sometimes ya herpin'. But mostly ya derpin'.