Why do people keep complaining about the TR?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Goolloom, May 13, 2013.

1. Goolloom

Why do i see much more threads about the TR being OP. Simply why? The NC looks much more OP than the TR personally.
    • Up x 10
  2. LonelyTerran

Good question
    Scapegoat probably
    • Up x 5
  3. Sen7ryGun84

I can see this becoming a constructive and well thought out thread.

Please continue.
    • Up x 28
  4. WalrusJones

People complain about all three factions.
    • Up x 3
  5. Eclipson

Lol, people just don't like the TR. We have always been complained about, and always been nerfed. How are you just now noticing this? :rolleyes:
    • Up x 2
  6. Chubzdoomer

Probably because of the insane amount of Heavy Assaults using the no-skill lock-on Strikers, making them complete pests to deal with both on the ground and in the air. I know that's why I hate them, at least. The VS, I hate only because of the spandex. Just too much ****ing spandex for one man's eyes to take.
    • Up x 8
  7. Beartornado

Because every other faction "looks" OP but very few people bother to play the other factions to find out.

Gauss Saw is one of the exceptions, which takes some playing with to figure out its strength. It's not even that it's superior to a scout rifle that makes it so bad for other factions, its that TR doesn't appear to have any long range LMG options that come close to it. Don't know about VS.
    • Up x 1
  8. Goolloom

Fun fact: i actually tried to play NC, and i though they outshined the TR in almost every aspects
    • Up x 1
  9. Van Dax

Just the striker really, though early on in my career it was the carv. Seriously though the striker has impacted air combat a lot. I bought the nemesis (G2A lock-on) and joined a big battle that had tons of reavers and mossies, all the reavers had flares and the majority could dodge them effectively. The mossies however I'd estimate about 25% had flares and the others couldn't do anything other than afterburn in a straight line. It was quite humerous.
    • Up x 1
  10. Ganelon

Scapegoat.
    • Up x 4
  11. Amrok1

It's because you all wear RED!! RED MAKE ANGRY!!!! ANGRY MUST SMOOOSH (smash is now a trademark protected phrase owned entirely by Marvel Studios.)
  12. DashRendar

NC just has cooler things, get over it. Most of our faction specific things are underpowered or underperforming, they're just cooler or more fun to use.

Not fun to use + overpowered = not good enough, buff more plz = Striker

Fun to use + underpowered = still OP, nerf more plz = Phoenix

Terran Logic. Terrans have the worst faction specific design resulting in the most bland set of middle ground weapons and armaments in the game, so to compensate the devs can't think of anything else but to increase base effectiveness and unadulterated DPS until a minimum amount of whining is achieved. Face it, you are boringly OP.
    • Up x 6
  13. Alarox

Because they aren't the worst at anything in the game.
    • Up x 4
  14. siddar

Carv to OP.
    • Up x 1
  15. Zar

lol strikers i fly alot as a reaver never been killed by one yet people are really bad i guess.
    • Up x 2
  16. Chubzdoomer

Uh oh, I must be bad!

I'm not often killed by them, either, but they are a major deterrent due to their long lock-on range and the sheer amount of Heavy Assaults carrying them around.
    • Up x 3
  17. VanuSovereignty

Because everyone likes to think that the other two factions want to nerf their faction into oblivion.
  18. Tekuila

Ya can't hate us for using the tools we were given. I never wanted another lock on launcher myself.
    • Up x 3
  19. Drealgrin

striker making the annihilator so utterly and completely useless. Not to mention the bug that has the striker still hitting ESFs despite having already flared them off.

be nice if they made an ability that just denied lockons for 10 seconds like in battlefield.
    • Up x 2
  20. Efrizial

The striker really isn't effective against someone with stealth or flare.
    The striker is very effective against ESF with no stealth or flare.
    There is many problems with the striker that you may not know about if you never used it, like having allies passing in front of you when you are trying to get a lock-on or the enemy passing behind a pole or something like that (those things break the lock-on if it isn't completed);
    getting sniped/blown-up because you have to stay out of cover for extended period of time to get a lock-on;
    ground vehicle 51% behind cover, as you can only get a lock-on if you can see the middle of the vehicle;
    if the enemy get out of range ,which really isn't as hard to do as you may think it is.

And the two first problem become worse if the enemy have flare/smoke/stealth.
    And trying to get a lock-on on armor 5-15 meters away from you will most likely end up with you getting blown up because of the second problem, unlike the dumb-fire launcher.

Also you can't lock-on a turret, M.A.X unit or infantry.

The faction specific launcher of the NC seem like the most useful one to me, being able to shoot people from behind cover is incredibly useful.
    • Up x 1