Waterson TR: Now you know how it feels.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by InMedeasRage, May 11, 2013.

1. Astraka

All of this nonsense could go away if this would become reality. I have a VS character that I love to goof off with sometimes but I really don't have the time (or the patience) to grind back up all of the certs I've put into my TR character - even with a crazy bonus. If I could get all of the certs I've spent on my TR character (and possibly certs in exchange for the weapons I've bought with SC) I would switch my main to the VS in an instant.
    • Up x 1
  2. Czuuk

This is why the three faction system exists. Because a two faction system is always imbalanced. When an "imbalance" occurs in a three faction system, the smaller two factions will naturally team up.
  3. Revel

NC is not the smaller faction during East Coast primetime hours.

You all whine about TR's population on Euro hours.
    • Up x 1
  4. ItsJustDash

Then they should go play on the Euro Servers? Word on the block is the reason why the Euro's are on Waterson is because of the big cheese Totalbiscuit. Nothing against Euro players but there was an option for you to join a server in your region when you first started the game. =|

Nothing is worse than waking up in the morning and having all that work you and your team did the day prior to have it steam rolled over by people who have really no resistance during the night.

Tell me have you ever been on the short end of the stick where it was only your platoon on the damn continent? Yeah one bloody platoon vs a TR Force from hell at 3 AM is not fun and waking up to capped continents because of this is not fun. Hell the latency issues this also causes is not fun. Starting to see a trend here :p

Either way no offense to the Euro players they had the choice at start up and they ended up on Waterson XD. Just more population XP bonus at times.
    • Up x 1
  5. Revel

I'm going to tell that to the West Coast players who quote their timezone as prime time hours for an East Coast server.
  6. vincent-

Yea well in the end we need to find something fun to do and be happy with it. You can't really expect humans to get up and explore the stars.
  7. andrewasdf

Man, Waterson server politics are ridiculous.

Don't you guys feel a little bit silly?

edit: And this is coming from someone on Mattherson, home to the lovely Enclave.
  8. The King

You seem to be new to gaming.
    Welcome to the world of gaming.
  9. Spartan 117

We may not have the Enclave on Waterson, but most of the TR are just as bad. I've had over a dozen TR players privately message me telling me how inferior I am to them & had 1 player go as far as reroll a NC alt to find & teamkill me. While the cease fire between the Vanu & NC is out of necessity most of the time, alot of it has to do with utter hatred for Terran Republic players. I'm sure there are plenty of well mannered good intentioned TR players, but they are overshadowed by the majority which are self centered egomaniacs.
  10. Daibar

Thank you LibertyRevolution :)

We try our best to be out there :)

/Daibar
    CO
    Xen of Onslaught
    PS2 division
  11. MikeyGeeMan

Generalization and profiling?
  12. Czuuk

You're barking up the wrong tree dog. I don't whine about the population at anytime. Don't make me destroy you.
  13. Naota

To all the TR wondering "Why us? Why does the server hate us enough that they team up to push us off Indar?"

[IMG]

[IMG]

This is why.

Because the server looks like this any time that isn't primetime. The VS and NC could merge into a single faction and pool the entirety of their manpower onto Indar this morning and still only have 40% of the server population to TR's hopelessly overwhelming 60%.
  14. Reventine

Where did all the complaints about NC overpopulation go all of a sudden ?.
  15. powerz

here is the servers current population...............this server sucks arss more and more with each passing day........TR zerg fest every friggen day.....it gets really old really fast...... sprinkle in a boatload of unhittable Chinese players warping all over and it's a friggen nightmare that would drive anyone away from this game for good.

[IMG]
  16. Revel

You seemed to be implying by your post that NC is a smaller faction than TR. Is this not the case?
  17. PhilDun

Time: 7:45am on 5/13 (Monday morning)
    World Population:
    - VS = 16%
    - TR = 62%
    - NC = 21%
    Indar Population:
    -VS = 17%
    -TR = 61%
    -NC = 21%

GG, numbers
  18. Revel

So you hate us because we have a glut of European players?
  19. Jaeger TR player

Last time I played was last Saturday, EST prime time.

I don't control who logs into the server. I don't control what the TR do when I'm not online - well I don't control what the TR do at anytime for that matter.

So keep your TR hatred to yourself. Stereotyping is not cool.
  20. TheNovemberRain

I feel you brother. I logged in, looked at the world population, and logged out soon after. The TR population in Waterson gets more and more absurd with each passing day. Or maybe it's the other way around.

A few days ago I tried out Mattherson and damn that's a balanced server. Every faction has a slight population advantage at certain times but usually they 'seem' quite balanced to me. Of course, my main isn't on Mattherson so I wouldn't know if that statement holds true.

If only there's a way to transfer my character to another server without starting over.
    And hopefully not having to pay too much.