AA max is ruining the game.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by holycaveman, May 4, 2013.

1. Kubor

I think you need to look up the meaning of deterrent. If something shoots at you and you simply fly off, repair, and come right back again, you have not been deterred, but merely inconvenienced.

Too many people are still trying to get this game "balanced" for solo play. If an AA MAX is "annoying" you. Either go somewhere else or join up with other people, spawn something other than an ESF, and go and kill that MAX. Heaven knows they are easy enough to kill.

Most of these complaints come from people that want to spawn the same thing over and over and over again. That's not going to work in a Planetside game, thankfully.

Being in an ESF will have its time in any battle. Just like any other unit in the game, that time won't ever be all of the time. It will never the right time for people who keep flying off to the nearest hotspot alone looking for frags.
    • Up x 2
  2. holycaveman

So if Air is bugging you cry for nerf because this game is not solo play?

LOL

The game is solo play. You can drive tank all day or spawn an infiltrator all day. What ever you want.

If this game was not solo play, ground would get organized and the AA max wouldn't exist. But it does because people want the big gun, they don't want organization.

They don't want to have to think and fight. They want everything changed to fit their play.

So how are pilots different? Because most of us realize a problem that needs addressed. Not to make us live longer. To make a better overall game experience for everyone.

Of you have enemy air that is killing you. You need to either get air to fight enemy air. Jump in turrets with engineers. Or pull sky guard along with heavies. Or all three!

But the fact of the matter is this requires thought and team work. Planetside is obviously a solo player game because the ONLY thing that will be pulled is AA max.

With this invincible being you remove the role of air. And now with the new weapons they are the new tank. How many times have we seen AA max on towers or bases with turrets not even repaired or just plain ignored?

Like it or not this game has turned into a big gun game with roles abandoned.

What we are saying is the max needs not to fill all these roles. This way air will be needed to counter air. Tanks will be needed to counter, etc.... and small group hiding behind spawn shields sshouldn't be dominating the game play.
  3. GSZenith

tested going 1v1 vs sinst (think that how you spell it) mossi no comp armor vs no flak on my max, got obliterated by lolpod + rotary.
  4. Kubor

There are plenty of people playing and getting kills with the ESF every day. Take a look at the leaderboards whenever you're ready to admit that you just need to practice a bit more.

The AA MAX isn't going anywhere. It's in the game to stay so all this incessant whining is pointless. By most people's admission, the AA MAX is not a killer. It's role in the game is to act as a deterrent to careless hover spammers and lone-wolf fliers. It fills that role well.

Finally, this nonsense about "hiding and firing through spawn shields" is ridiculous. There is a tiny area in a spawn room roof that a MAX can fire through. If you're daft enough to keep getting hit through there then you definitely need more practice. If you're getting hit through the shields on the side of spawn rooms, what are you doing down there in the first space? Stop hover spamming :D
    • Up x 2
  5. Snarfy

It's not hard for a good pilot to kick a single AA maxes ***. Problem is that everyone has AA now a days and when they get their ***** kicked by air in the slightest they all pull it, and that annoys people trying to fly, can't really say AA is op, just that it is too spammable and readily available to everyone.
    • Up x 1
  6. holycaveman

So? Were you in the open by yourself asleep?

Use spawn shields, engineer. Cover. Often I hide in rocks and can fend off several esf by myself. With just a one burster max. I have about 6 times the hours on the ground as I do air. So its not that difficult to be effective with a max vs air. Now a max fighting infantry is a different story.
  7. holycaveman

Especially right as they spawn by a sundy, when they have no health left, or when they are destroying another esf and you get lucky.
    LOL
  8. Grotpar

Too ******* bad.
    You got countered.

Land and fight like a man, or ask the real men to take care of the problem for you.
    They even implemented weapons for little girls who don't know how to shoot, so they can be competitive too! They're called shotguns.
  9. Snarfy

1 AA max is not hard to kill, full health or ready and waiting. It's when they gang up that they're powerful, and that's how it should be. Teamwork OP. That being said i fly a lot and find myself playing a primarily A2A role these days due to all the AA spam, which is ok for an ESF since they buffed the XP for air vehicle kills, though getting to kill one before its pilot jumps out or crashes it is usually tough to do...i can only imagine how obnoxious it is for lib crews these days.
  10. akajefe

Cap the base and move on to the next one? They are in the spawn room. Why are you trying to kill them?

The disconnect within the pilot community is amazing.

Air is dominating ground mercilessly - "Learn to play noob! Pull some AA and organize a bit if you don't like getting farmed."

Ground pulls AA - "OMG! AA is EVERYWHERE! When they support each other they are able to keep us away. WTF!"
  11. Gumbo

MAX AA is fine. It's doing its job keeping the skies clear of aircraft.
  12. holycaveman

13. holycaveman

Ground does not have to do anything except pull their......and pull max.

The max does a better job than AA

Ground needs to grow a pair.
  14. Konfuzfanten

Only problem? The AA MAX aint a deterrent, its the main AA weapon in the game, best range, highest killing power and best accuracy. Waaay better then a skyguard.

A flak MAX can take more hits from a dalton/MBT main cannon then a lightning and nearly have the same effective HPs of a MBT vs explosives. Then you got a hit box 10 times smaller then a MBT and the option to hid in buildings and you got the combo for a totally broken AA system. And lets not forget the fact that MBT's render at 500 meters, while the AA MAX dont render at 200-300 meters. How that can be balance, or that ppl defend that is beyond me.

Thing is even a single dual burster MAX can keep a lib a bay and with the current flak armor its just too dangerous to try and kill the MAX.

Personally i think and hope they will nerf lock-on launchers and AA MAX to render range aka 200 meters, like the dedicated G2A launcher and the buff the skyguard with dual burster like range+accuracy. That would remove AA MAX's as the do-all-end-all AA.
  15. MaxDamage

I see what you did there.
  16. GSZenith

and being spawn camped by bads with lolpods is annoying as well, last alert on miller had to sit in AA max not get frustrated by noobs in air spamming pods.
  17. Copasetic

Lets not get too carried away here. A single burster MAX is totally hopeless against a lib. Even a single dual burster MAX needs like 3 extended magazines to take a lib down.

The problem is AA rarely comes in groups of 1, and AA naturally tends to focus fire on targets while air tends to lone wolf. But air also gets full freedom of movement and mobility that ground can only dream of, so I think it balances out in the end.
  18. Meeka

At which point did you forget that with an ESF you can cert speed, can cert maneuverability, and even have to buy/cert rocket pods... don't be telling me stories that you don't buy terror in a ESF because you absolutely do.

And the *only* way a MAX can kill an aircraft is if the pilot is flying in a straight line or hovering and rocket podding... in which case, the ESF deserves flaming death.

The bottom line is the MAX and the ESF pilot have a similar skill curve; a pilot beneath the skill of a MAX user is going to find the MAX over powered; a MAX beneath the skill of a ESF pilot is going to find the ESF over powered. I'm a damn good MAX user and exceptionally skilled at engaging and surviving multiple ESFs and Liberators... but with that said, there are also a few pilots who out-curve my skill and I can barely go MAX vs ESF with them one on one.... and more often than not that just ends in a stalemate where I can't kill them and they can't kill me. There's also a couple pilots out there I really enjoy engaging because they are a challenge to kill, even one on one.

On the flip side, when I hop in a ESF, it's very, very, very rare that any MAX will kill me. It takes another pilot, or one of those seriously OP trees.
  19. Konfuzfanten

Im pretty sure it takes 2 :p

But yes, you are right. The problem being that the AA MAX can open fire and hit you 1000+ meters away, actually doing decent dmg even before the MAX renders.

I dont have a huge problem with the dmg, its the range/render thats the problem and now you got the ridiculous situation where MAXs are tougher then skyguard lightnings and just below the level of a MBT.
  20. Copasetic

I wouldn't mind a range nerf on AA in general, but the problem is AA still needs to be able to hit aircraft that are at max altitude directly overhead. Otherwise you get libs carpet bombing everything with impunity. If the game could differentiate between vertical and horizontal range that would be the best solution, but I'm guessing that would need to be added first.

I dunno, it's a tricky problem.