AA max is ruining the game.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by holycaveman, May 4, 2013.

1. holycaveman

The AA max is just getting to be plain irritating. Its ruining this game. I know I am not the first person to say that, but its true.

I am not dying to them. But they really ruin flying for everyone. They are now at small bases to large bases. Shoot, they are out in the middle of no where!!!

I am against nerfing. But this is just stupid.

It makes the game more kiddy like.

Rant off, delete the thread, move it whatever.

You can beat me up, kill me, but just don't bore me. LOL
    • Up x 8
  2. Caydn

Yes I agree delete this thread
    • Up x 26
  3. WalrusJones

*Stares siliently at OP, with the intent of booring him.*
    • Up x 7
  4. f0d

the main problem with them is the renderdistance thing imo
    you dont even know where they are shooting from most of the time and you have to do 3/4 "tanking" passes just to pinpoint where they are

it would be completely different if they wasnt so hard to spot
    • Up x 4
  5. applepienation

Just switch the power of a dual burster max with the skyguard.

Problem solved.
    • Up x 5
  6. WalrusJones

The skyguard is higher damage, total rate of fire, and velocity then the bursters.

It just has four highly accurate cannons spread apart from each other, totally parallel, resulting in the least accurate weapon the game could possibly give you.

One that at best will only hit a quarter of a time, due to absurdly unnecessary dispersion.
    • Up x 2
  7. holycaveman

This one max on a hill over a battle on indar today was tearing the esf up. It took a while but I finally crept up on him while he was destroying another esf. I gave him some banshee.

I got a whopping 234xp for the kill? NICE!!!!!!!!!

4000xp would not have been enough for the damage he was doing.
    • Up x 4
  8. ABATTLEDONKEY

Burster maxes need to be the lowest form of AA outside of HA launchers. The fact is that a burster maxes have incredible survivability. Everything from complete mobility, to a small size, to easy cover and fast repair times make killing Aa maxes very difficult. They should NOT double up as the mkost lethal as well. Maxes need to be harrassers, not killers of aircraft. I hate nerfs as much as the OP but ma ut the max needs to be toned down a bit. Either increase COF, give them incredible vulnerability to at weapons (dalton/shredder0 or a straight up nerf
    • Up x 5
  9. Purg

You're not the first person to say it but you're probably the first person to say it 50 times.
  10. holycaveman

What do I win?:)

LOL
  11. Purg

The holy pacifier - good for 1000 sucks.
  12. holycaveman

Oh now come on. You can do better than that!!
  13. WalrusJones

Why haven't we tried to bore him yet?
  14. Maksimus

*Knows it's a stupid thread, posts it anyway*

Really, the only thing ruining the game is how whiny people are here, just complaining for the sake of complaining.
    • Up x 4
  15. holycaveman

What about having max's limited to certain spawning areas? Like any other machine.

Have stations where just max's can spawn. That would at least make some areas harder to cover with a max.
    • Up x 1
  16. holycaveman

I have had positive threads also. Don't get much traffic? LOL

These forums exist to comfort whiners. Just look at 90percent of the threads. NERF this, NERF that. ETC

And I'll be damned if it didn't work like hot cakes for the tank girls.
  17. WalrusJones

I personally would chop passive resource gains down to a third of their current value, and make it so bases themselves have resource pools of their type that they can draw from for massive discounts to purchases at them. (Infantry consumable prices would also be bumped up, to make it so infantry bases are best used to pull maxxes, as consumable stocking at them is likely to deplete the base, making it outright indefensible.)

This would add a certain level of predictability to tactical gameplay, which isn't a bad thing.
    This actually overall improves tactics to anyone who uses tactics: If people will spawn at tawich tech plant to pull air rescource vehicles cause it is virtually free with the bases internal rescources, and people at crossroads watchtower get cheap tanks, we can move to counter them.

Activity at crossroads is a tank zerg, activity at tawich is an air zerg, and hoards of maxes flow from the stronghold.

However, you still have personal resources, just less resources then you normally do, this allows you to defy these expectations, however infrequently as it may be.
    This allows for bold moves to be legitimately unexpected, and costly, thus....... Much more bold, and rewarding.
    • Up x 1
  18. Purg

How about jinking when you're being shot at? Just came off a 1 hour session, there are pilots on Briggs that once they take the first few hits of Burster they become next to impossible to hit with any consistency and escape with ease. I'd give you the name of the last one that killed me so you could ask him for some tips but my killboard isn't updating for some reason.

If you fly like this near me, expect to die.. and apparently come here to ask for nerfs.

• Up x 4
  19. phungus420

AA MAX is fine. Range might be a bit much, but even if it is they skyguard needs a buff to compete and be a legitamate long distance threat to aircraft.

One big issue with how the air and ground game interact is rendering, which causes odd situations where an ESF instantly pops into existance about a football field distance from a couple dozen infantry. I really don't know how things can be balanced around that, especially if you look at the power of the liberator.

Sure normally the lib is useless, but if you organize three or four of them, with just half a dozen infantry dudes capable and willing to it hit delete to redeploy where needed to flip flags, and a dozen or so ESFS, you can wipe whole armored columns. The only thing I have seen effectively stop air platoons from completely dominating the map are AA MAXes, and I don't want to go back to what this game was like at release.
    • Up x 2
  20. holycaveman

The only reason Air seemed op before the AA max influx, is because ground guys were not organized or serious enough to jump on turrets or have skyguard. IF they did that air would have never got nerfed, because it was fine.

Problem with AA max is they are in every single little base, nook and cranny of the entire map!!

LIke I said irritating to the upteeth degree.