The Leperwood Screams....

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by MrMurdok, May 3, 2013.

1. MrMurdok

Okay, so as far as easter eggs go in this game, we all know about the Indar BFR, the Esamir H5 roar and the second roar on Amerish.

However.

Lately I've been seeing more and more people talking about hearing screams near Leperwood Nursery on Indar. Personally, I havn't been there in quite a while and it'll take me 8 hours to get off work and login.

Can anyone confirm this little creepster egg?
  2. Blashemer

"We all know about"

No. We don't all know about, because I know about none of these things.
    • Up x 1
  3. MrMurdok

Go forth and explore, then :)
  4. Cougarbrit

First I've heard of this.

Also I remember hearing about a derelict NC Vanguard with a railgun turret somewhere on Amerish too, never found that myself because **** searching Amerish that place is full of AA trees.
  5. MrMurdok

First time hearing about the railgun Vannie. Guess I'm going egg hunting today
    • Up x 1
  6. Nocturnal7x

Ive hear screams in this game, not near leopardwood per say, but I hear some odd screams from time to time. Kinda wierd. This game has a lot of subtle sounds in it that people probably havent noticed, ammo towers make a noise, did you know that? They humm.

Lots of little touches in the game, feels legit. Another reason I think the people who created the base game are gone.
  7. Cougarbrit

No idea where it is or if it's real, so I wouldn't spend too long looking for it.

The only thing I remember is it was in like a ditch near a road on Amerish.
  8. zacoda1

Spooky, I went and checked this out right after reading this thread, and it's true! The music stops and you start hearing these weird noises that range from something like an animal to a scream, or even some low groaning noise. Can anybody else go and check it out for us?
  9. Wintermaulz

Its real, its by the north eastern amp station, on the east side if i remember correctly.

Could be wrong, but i know the vanny is in between a amp station and its satellite some where on amerish, but i think its the north eastern one.
  10. Imperium Assault

I have pretty good hearing and fought extended battles at leopardwood and have never noticed.

But it's probably too subtle to hear over fighters, sunderers, and explosions
  11. Cougarbrit

Enviromental noises like that are disabled by firefights. Just one gunshot, and the travel music and enviromental effects are silenced for about a minute or so.
  12. ACE McFACE

Some pics of the Railgun tank would be nice. I tried to look for it just then but got shot down.
  13. Makora

I know about the BFR but the rest draws me a blank... screams? Roars? I know about the ambient sounds in bases... those things creep me out when I'm alone in a room trying desperately to hear footsteps or something and suddenly "BONG"
  14. FischiPiSti

Back in beta i found a puppy noise. Not sure if its still in there
  15. Cougarbrit

The large crystal rocks on the hills are good places to hear the roars. It's like a yeti or something.

I'll have to check out the screams myself, though that might be pretty difficult flying over the entire continent to listen for them. Dunno if I'll bother looking for the vanguard though, Amerish is a mess of trees.
  16. Sebastien

Looking for it now
  17. NikkoJT

On Esamir, there is a buried Amp Station north of Saerro. It's kind of creepy.
    • Up x 1
  18. ClickMe

Go to Kwahtee Amp Station in amerish, the vanny is ledged against a rock/hill wall behind the spawn of one of the satellite bases (the one that's opposite to the amp station spawn room).

Saw it my first time in a fire fight, tried to repair it not realizing it's a prop.

Nvm not there anymore (since spawn room redesign), or maybe it was just a bugged vanny that I saw.
  19. SinerAthin

Screaming at an abandoned Nursery?

Sounds like the intro to a horror story...

Maybe we can find the body of a child in one of the closets, whom died to a Liberator gunner hogging for EXP, shooting anything that moved when the game was first released?

I guess they forgot to check the ground before constructing it :p
  20. Torok

pics when you find it!