Oh... My... God...

Discussion in 'MAX' started by Quiiliitiila, May 2, 2013.

1. Quiiliitiila

After waiting and waiting, and then being told multiple times that "this Game Update is the one", Higby has now said that the MAX abilities will bot be coming out in GU8.

Yay...

Quote:
    He says "keeping them a few more days, but we all know that means weeks...

Well, guess I get to save EVEN MORE.

/sigh Just thought you all could share in my misery.
    -Quiiliitiila
  2. xluryan

Ok... just a heads up for everyone. When devs hold back an update to the game, they're doing so to make sure they release it properly. THAT IS A GOOD THING.

God knows this game has enough bugs already. So let the damn devs relax a bit and make sure the new stuff they release is working properly.

FFS, people need to calm the F down.
    • Up x 5
  3. Quiiliitiila

They've been stringing this MAX update along for months now, first it was slated for May, then they told everyone that they were going to release it for March. March came and went and they said "oops!" and slated it for April, April came and went and they said "oops!" again and said GU8 for sure. Now GU8 is here and they need to push it back some more.

I'm all for getting it right, but don't tell us it'll be released for 3 months every month and then push it back even more when everyone was sure it would be GU8. They must've known weeks ago that the MAX abilities wouldn't be ready, they could've just told us then. Instead we're told at the last minute.

See where my angst stems from?
  4. Ganjis

I just wish they would put in travel mode! That is the same across the board for all factions, so if it is OP then it is equally OP for everyone,
    • Up x 2
  5. Quiiliitiila

The cert tree for the travel mode was briefly on the test server, but they took it off pretty quickly... I guess they were still playing with it and accidentally put it on the PTS (99999 certs for the first purchase :p).

My guess is the travel mode(s) will be coming out with GU9 in around 2 weeks, but that's if they actually get stuff up and working...
  6. Crysander

I did actually buy it, but the thing was completely non-functional sadly :<
  7. Souleater

I don't think they should have taken drop pods away before giving us travel mode.
  8. SolRG

Supposedly they're making vs maxes fast but weak, which kind of defeats the purpose of a max.
  9. MaxDamage

I don't think anyone can truly predict the outcome of these changes until they've been in live for a bit. All new weapons are still effectively a beta experiment.

So far so good.
  10. Quiiliitiila

They just recently nerfed the VS ZOE module's speed boost. Apparently walking at slightly less the same speed as infantry was WAY to powerful...
  11. Cryptek

They still seems pretty fast on Test for me, unless it didn't get changed in VR. The strafe and backpedal is pretty good. You can also run faster than infantry if you start running and let your MAX build up speed before activating ZOE.

However, as long as they leave the whole 'reduce MAX damage mitigation' in there, then I see absolutely no reason to use it, what so ever.
  12. Quiiliitiila

I haven't had a chance to test it yet, I'm going on feedback from the Test Server forum and from reddit posts made by Higby about nerfing the speed (Insane speed was his wording I think).

If the speed were raised considerably, it may make up for the lack of damage resistance. But at this point I kinda agree that the damage resist penalty is a bit steep. Even falling off a rock will take a sizable chunk out of your life... :(