PlanetSide Intel – 100% Player / Outfit Stats site super fancy! ;)

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by SecretSquirrel, Apr 15, 2013.

1. SecretSquirrel

:eek: Working on a public section for feedback with voting so you guys can vote on some awesome features ;)
  2. SecretSquirrel

3. SecretSquirrel

:cool: its the weekend woot!
  4. Sinist

Nice signature feature.

Nice website.

Thanks!
    • Up x 1
  5. SecretSquirrel

Thanks man! share it with your friends! :D
  6. Sinist

Here is one small suggestion on the signatures because i'm picky.

Can you make the player name larger then the outfit name? To give it more distinction? Either way the signatures rock!
  7. SecretSquirrel

We shall see :D
  8. SecretSquirrel

9. SecretSquirrel

10. Sinist

Another suggestion.

I would love an ability to refine a search based on maybe a list of parameters.

For example I would like to see who has the highest K/D ratio with more then 10 days playtime and more then 5000 kills. Or I would like to know who has the highest SPM out of everyone who is BR50 or above. Or who has the highest accuracy on their T9 Carv who is BR50 or above. Who has the highest headshot ratio with certain weapons, etc.

Neat functionality like that!
    • Up x 1
  11. SecretSquirrel

That is something that could be like an advanced search feature :)
  12. SecretSquirrel

:eek: mondays tomorrow oh man!
  13. SecretSquirrel

:) Give me some more ideas that you guys want seen!! :D
  14. SecretSquirrel

Hey Sanist I added your idea to our feedback area :) to give me a list of what to do :) if you have more ideas post em up :D

http://psi.userecho.com/topic/167589-advanced-user-search/
  15. Retief

Some feedback (note that I will focus on criticisms, since saying you are doing well doesn't help you make the site better):

First, a technical issue. When sorting columns, you are sorting the data in alphabetical ordering -- in descending order, 9 comes before 80, though 80 really should come before 9 in descending order. One example is when you sort your data page by K/D. The EM4 Longshot comes second with a K/D of 9.0, and the Quasar VM1 comes fourth with a K/D of 76.4. It looks like you are using the default javascript .sort(), which sorts numbers by converting them to strings and comparing the strings. This page should provide more information.

Also, your impact scores seem off. For example, when I compare the outfits TRAF (one of the largest TR outfits on Waterson) and Fun Loving Criminals (a 3 man VS outfit that I only know because they teamkilled our sundy), TRAF has a significantly lower impact. It may be that Fun Loving Criminals deserves to have a higher impact, but since I don't know how it is actually calculated, my reaction is that the impact score is not a useful stat. If you release more information about how it is calculated, I might put more faith in it, but at the moment, I think it is basically worthless.

Additionally, why is daily impact a column for players when total impact is relegated to a popup? The first time I saw your site, I didn't realize that total impact even exists, and now that I know it exists, I would like the ability to sort by total impact.

I think that your tendency to show all detailed information twice is odd as well. When you are showing, say, kill data for a particular player, you have both a bar graph and a table. I really don't see the point of having both -- if you have little enough information that it will all fit on the bar graph, you really don't need the table, and if the bar graph doesn't show a large amount of the information, it seems sort of pointless to take up that much screen real estate on something that doesn't give you much information. Sure, players.planetside2.com has a big table and a pie chart, but the pie chart is small and doesn't take up much screen real estate. It provides a slightly useful view of the information and don't take up much space, so it is worth including. Your bar graphs take up much more space and provide the same view of the information, which makes them not really that worth the space.

I would also consider making the header portion of your site shorter as well or make pages automatically scroll down a little. At the moment, if I want to look at detailed stats for a player (say, I want to see how many kills I get with each weapon), almost the top third of the page is taken up solely by your logo and basic navigation links. The next third is taken up by my players header (name, BR, impact, status, ...), and the header for the actual page I am in (kills in this case) takes up half of the remainder. Without scrolling, I can see the top third of the bar graph (ie the top of a couple bars). The stuff I actually want to see (the rest of the bar graph and the chart with more data) is all hidden off screen and requires scrolling. From a usability perspective, I just clicked on the kills tab. I obviously want to see information about how I killed my enemies. Spending most of your screen real estate showing my that I am currently on Planetside Intel, that I am Retief1, and that I am a member of Derp Company doesn't help me at all. Either shrinking the top portion of your site down a little so I can actually see the data I am looking for or loading the page so that the data I care about is visible (say, having the page scroll so that the overview/statistics/score/... nagivation bar is at the top) would be more useful.

I would also like the ability to filter an outfit with some sort of advanced search functionality and compute new stats based on the filtered results (say, finding the average/total stats of all outfit members who have logged in in the past week and are ranked private first class or higher). Designing a decent ui for this would probably be rather annoying, so I completely understand if this feature doesn't actually end up being implemented, but it would be a potentially nice feature that I don't think any other site offers.

Finally, I don't know if you have access to this information, but if you can get it, information on total revives/damage healed/damage repaired would be nice as well.

After all this criticism, I do like the rest of the site. The UI is nice and clean (apart from the complaints I mentioned), everything seems functional, you have fairly detailed information, and I like the fast response when sorting things (I'm guessing you are downloading all the data when you load the page and are doing the data sorting/massaging in javascript).

I'm sorry about the overall negative tone of this post -- you do have a nice site there. However, you could make it into a really nice site with the right changes, and trying to point out some of these changes instead of applauding the things you do correctly seems more helpful overall.
    • Up x 1
  16. Nepau

I was wondering if you can put in a Leaderboard for Specific weapons/ vehicles. I was talking with one of the TR on Connery lastnight and he was talking about how his outfits Maxes Fear Myself and a few others when we run around with the Lasher. It would be interesting to see how people compair to one another with specific weapons instead of overall stats (since some weapons are Far easier to win with then others).
    • Up x 1
  17. SecretSquirrel

18. Metcal

Hey SS,
    Nice site and it's cool that you spend time developing/maintaining and throwing it out there for us to access.
    Thanx

I did notice though that when using sig generator and trying to pull vehicle kills it seems to pull headshot data.
    Still labeled on sig as veh kills but #'s from h/s.
    Just lettin' ya know.

Thanx again
    • Up x 1
  19. SecretSquirrel

1. Wow thanks for the feedback! :D
    2. I fixed the issue with columns not sorting properly
    3. The impact score will be higher if there are fewer members since all the info is divided by the total members in the outfit.
    4. The graph + table helps people who are visual and you can sort the table to see different stats
    5. i have had advanced search requests for Characters I can extend
    Whoops! I fixed this little error :) should be fixing now :D
  20. SecretSquirrel