I'll Finally Admit it: AA is out of control.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by NoXousX, Apr 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Fizz

If you guys on the forums keep this up, here is what the game will be like

[IMG]

:(
    • Up x 3
  2. Doogle

Lol I like how you posed the title of the post to give the impression that you begrudgingly admit that AA is out of control without bias when you are almost exclusively an ESF pilot and would happily sit back and watch AA get nerfed into the ground.

I dont understand the ESF elitism that they think they should be able to stroll into a platoons hex by themselves and farm away while it should require teamwork to chase away their 1 man killing machine?

You can 1v1 a burster max with ease if you know where it is, even more so with composite armour yet that isnt enough? I dont have that many hours in my ESF compared to my lib as I find it a bit boring but I have rarely been in a situation where I died to flak without the fault being on my part due to over commiting or flying into an unknown hex.

want to counter groups of flak? stop flying solo.
    • Up x 4
  3. Tommyp2006

I can't understand why all the ESF pilots seem to think that burster maxes are the instakill god mode units that cannot be destroyed. You know how you kill them? ANY GROUND UNIT. Got forbid you get ground support. Tanks/heavy assualts/anyone with C4 is a hard counter to burster maxes. This is a combined arms game. Sometimes you gotta switch roles. The reason why so many people pull burster maxes, is because they're getting destroyed by air. The reason why you see so many more burster maxes than skyguards, is because the skyguard is terrible in comparison.
    • Up x 3
  4. Purg

Oh, that's all you had to do? You mean, apart from engaging a forward enemy while watching for C4'ing LA's, you also had to use a Jedi mind trick to pick a Scythe coming into your rear that probably didn't show up on your minimap, you probably couldn't hear - and if you actually did, it wouldn't have made much difference.

A Scythe lolpod a shielded Vanguard quicker than it can another ESF. Were you aware of that?
    • Up x 1
  5. holycaveman

[quotePurg, post: 1641650, member: 38805"]Oh, that's all you had to do? You mean, apart from engaging a forward enemy while watching for C4'ing LA's, you also had to use a Jedi mind trick to pick a Scythe coming into your rear that probably didn't show up on your minimap, you probably couldn't hear - and if you actually did, it wouldn't have made much difference.

A Scythe lolpod a shielded Vanguard quicker than it can another ESF. Were you aware of that?[/quote]

I dont think anyone is aware of that. LOL
  6. SNAFUS

And again that is me as an individual who performs well while so many others do not. And a max is considered Infantry so my comment still stands as true.
  7. XParagonX

Its a hard balance to get, if they can't deter aircraft good enough, then we just have a lolpod spam problem, sure some of you would love that, but get used to it, this isn't the start of the game nemore and more and more people have AA type weapons.

Maxes aint really that big of a problem, half of them can't aim for crap. And a good gunner in a lib will wreck a few maxes, as long as the pilot isn't a complete ******, and hovering in place.

You know whats the real issue right now!

TR and their gawd dam striker, mixed with AA maxes. Too dam OP. And only TR get this advantage.

Maybe its time to play TR if ur a pilot, you win all around. Get a nice ESF, Don't have to deal with the 100 of striker lockon!.
    • Up x 1
  8. holycaveman

were you aware that a tank can take out a plane in one shot.
  9. Purg

It's tiresome having to spoon feed the ignorant. As experience goes up, ESF score overtakes infantry - and that's without the XP benefits that many pilots forgo by not capping facilities. The highest XP/min players FLY!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0AmUavphHXmIxdFhHUzJfN1VYalRnWS0xMnBUdTJpM1E&gid=31

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0AmUavphHXmIxdFhHUzJfN1VYalRnWS0xMnBUdTJpM1E&gid=33
  10. Purg

One tank, rarely.
  11. JudgeDeath

Anti-air not Annoy-Air.

Know the difference. Bring more then your lonewolf self in a plane and see how the standard levels of AA gets pulverized. Whole platoons pulling AA the same time and striker platoons are different beast but you shouldnt expect to beat Anti-you platoon with anything else but anti-them platoon of your own. Unless your one of the hero-syndrome players.
    • Up x 2
  12. NoctD

They're not easily accessible - cause they're hiding on roofs and top of buildings where ground units can't easily get to them. Or top of spawn buildings, which have pain fields around them.

Bursters are beyond stupid.

As for all the L2P comments - that should be translated to Learn To Pilot... for all you ground plodders who have no skills and would die instantly in the air. Get in an ESF and learn down how to take down other ESFs, nose gun to nose gun in a real fight. Instead of being a coward hiding in a MAX suit using a noob tube.

Air superiority should be achieved by air itself, not by some stupid OP ground unit.
  13. Eclipson

I'll be fine if they nerf AA as soon as they fix spawn rooms. At the moment its incredibly easy for a lib of a rocket pod esf to camp a spawn room. I don't mind being killed in the battle feild by a infantry spamming pilot, but when I can't exit my spawn room because of a lib, it makes me want to rage quit.
  14. Purg

Then consider yourself informed.
  15. Kazzah

That's because you spend your time C-4ing your own team if your 'Goden' kill sheet is anything to go by - just the one enemy kill.
  16. Vidman

Well call me silly but i use a dedicated a2a mossy with rotary/tomcat missiles sometimes the missiles do fire a dud. But i still prefer it to just being another lolpodder your main gun is still your primary you only use the tomcats for a first intiative like always you juke them into popping flares early only works with range though. Once you close in its the same duck and weaving with other esfs minus rocket pods. And if they run well a tomcat does wonders. As for burster maxxes they do need to be toned down to atleast a lesser range thats all they really need.
    • Up x 1
  17. alabasterJones

Dropped into a 3 point base being capped yesterday, was only one other engineer there, but enemy zerg was swarming the place.
    Anyway I went AA max (sitting in spawn) and thought I'd see how much damage I could do, killed 2 galaxies, 3 libs, 5 reavers, the rest of the air that got shot either went into a panic and crashed or had to flee. So yeah, at least making AA maxes unable to shoot through spawn shields and wipe out any air in the zone while being invincible would be common sense.
    • Up x 3
  18. Blashemer

Sounds like whining to me.

AA is fine. Don't fly solo. When you do fly, go Engineer. Upgrade your composite armor. Don't always attack from the same direction. Try different things in general to improve your own lack of skill, not ask for yet another nerf in this game.
    • Up x 1
  19. KariH

I am a poor pilot and what is my biggest problem? No - it is not ground aa - it is esf:s. Careful , unskilled ESF pilot rarely die by AA from ground. You must admit that. Plenty of time to seek proper attack paths where AA maxes or skyguards canot see.

Flyboys just want harvest - thats all.

I admit that flying nowdays needs a kill and medium pilots live short. Actually whole playground from infantry to tanks is full of + 50 BR types. I get mostly killed by those guys/girls. I think that new players/players who have signigant lag is inferior position.
  20. Total_Overkill

According to those docs, Infantry get higher score per hour between BR1 to BR69 (usually sitting 4k more, sometimes up to even 2x more) ... Afterwords ESFs get on average 2k more SPH...

... wait, isnt that the opposite of what you were trying to prove? :eek:
    Its a shame the top 50 ESF pilots on a server gain more exp then the 11,000 infantry players below them...
    • Up x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.