I'll Finally Admit it: AA is out of control.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by NoXousX, Apr 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Goden

Yeah, I can't say I blame you.

I too would find it tiresome when my certfarms with lolpods get continously interrupted by someone trying to defend themselves. They shouldn't be allowed to do that.
    • Up x 5
  2. Ownasaurusrex

You're an embarrassment and should be silenced.

Don't dismiss a claim about AA just because it is from a pilot. Nox is one of the best pilots in the game, check out his twitch stream.

You're also an embarrassment to the forum community... Seriously can you read? He mentioned LIBERATORS being under-powered and useless AS WELL AS Max AA being overpowered. This isn't a blanket statement about AA as a whole being overpowered but maxes. This wasn't a whine about a lone lolpodder being ******** about not being able to farm. It's about balance and just because it's a pilot doesn't mean the balance claim is dismiss-able.
    On to balance: I agree with several other suggestions on the forums about switching the roles of AA maxes with Skyguards.
    Skyguards should be long-range, accurate, area denial AA.

Max AA should be used TO BOLSTER AA and not as the primary AA choice. Consider the comparatively higher spammability of burster maxes versus skyguards.
    Lolpods should do 50-75% less damage to infantry but should have much heavier splash damage. It's ridiculous and unrealistic how lolpods do such little splash damage. Perhaps 3 or 4 direct mossie rockets, 2 direct salvos from a scythe or 3 direct reaver rockets should kill infantry. Maybe even more. But increase the splash damage so other nearby troops in a .5 meter radius are also effected by 25% of the damage. That way, lolpods are more realistic and can be used to harass, but not farm infantry with. Air squads can distract an Anti-vehicle infantry mob from attacking your sunderers for perhaps a minute, but not in any way silence them. AI mainguns will see more appropriate use also. a squad of ESF supporting a squad of Libs can then have a better balanced fight. ESFs won't lolpod unless to harass the enemy and distract them from Liberators. How will your beloved maxes survive ESFs now? with their 50% flak reduction and nerfed lolpods? your maxes will farm ESF as they should be, but will fear liberators still. That's how it should be. Skyguards should be the counter to liberators.
    This will lead to an interesting interplay of strengths and balances from different AA forms: Skyguards can be better suited to destroy libs and gals. Maxes better suited to destroy ESFs and still be a strong deterrent against other air. Other sources (g40 walker, phalanx) are fine.
    buffs to ESF in the form of evasive maneuvers:
    - I want to see su-27 flanker type aerial moves or some utility which lets aircrafts barrel-roll more quickly for 15 seconds or something of that nature. I want more exciting moves and tactics with fighters as they play their limited A2A and minor G2A roles. Buffs of this nature will not help ESFs farm better. They will make flying ESFs as A2A much funner.A2G bombs would be nice but they honestly should take the place of not only secondary slot but also ability to afterburn + flares maybe.
  3. holycaveman

[quote="Jalek, post: 1641467, member: ]You redeploy from the warpgate and the points offered are small stations some distance away from anything. Spawn as close as you can, go to the vehicle terminal, get attacked by an ESF, killing your flash. Get back to the spawn room, then have one hovering outside and often another circling.
    What do you do? Go AA or redeploy again.

Just saying there's some frustration behind the swarms of AA you now see.[/quote]
    You just described me. I completely understand your frustration. Even though I am the one in the plane.

Since air now is denied in most battles. We look for guys like you. Because AA in battles is crazy and runs air out of the entire area.
  4. void666

I've been flying a lot lately. I agree infantry needs a strong defense against aircraft. Lock on rocket launchers are easy do avoid.
    So, i see how burst maxes are essential. But... all i want is to have their effective range reduced. I want to see the max who is shooting me.
  5. holycaveman

Here is what is funny, I'll bet most of the people speaking Here don't even use rocket pods. So you can take that argument somewhere else.
  6. Goden

Because of my opinion?

Rather Orwellian of you.

No, it's probably not accurate nor is it relevant. I have no problems trashing tanks and infantry in a single pass with my turbo laser and I'm sure more experienced pilots have even less problems.
  7. Advanced Darkness

To be fair I'm constantly blasts by air that I can't see. I'm mostly only the ground so that's the side I see. If I were in the air I'd feel all the AA I could t see.

It's seems to be just another beg for some type of nerfs. I've been blown away by so many super quiet air to ground rocket pack its insane but why cry and ask for a nerf? Find a better way to play or L2P better.

It's just another challenge. Jeez this generation of players can't stand a challenge.
  8. Purg

Never? Not had your or one of your squadmates tanks obliterated in ~1.5 seconds? I don't believe you. Happened within our platoon at least half a dozen times in the 2 hours I played last night and that was with plenty of G2A options covering the sky. You can't kill them quick enough before they unload and get away.
    • Up x 2
  9. SNAFUS

Funny is infantry xp gain is better then the aircraft gain.
  10. Purg

Since you spend so little time as infantry, it's not surprising why it's rare you die to ESF as one.
    • Up x 1
  11. Purg

Who has three sigs of XP/min that any infantry would drool over.
  12. Mambakiller

ITT:

Lolpoder crying about game balance and other op weapons.
    1/10, mostly for the effort.
    • Up x 4
  13. SNAFUS

So now my stats are the average for all players on planet side 2?
    • Up x 1
  14. Kociboss

Assumes somebody is terrible because he/she disagrees.

Wants to lolpod 24/7 like the old days.

*chuckles*
  15. holycaveman

Never had problems. Of course i have died to them.

As a newb tank driver I was killed by a scythe yesterday. All I had to do is turn my rear away from him. I just did not react quick enough. I figure that's my fault? Or am I wrong and that scythe is op?
  16. NoctD

Bursters are singled handedly destroying 1/3 of this game... people claim all the time about lock-ons being too powerful vs. air, yet I've sat idly by trying to lock-on with Striker/Grounder and got no XP for my efforts whenever we have dual Bursters around.

They are beyond stupid and lack a counter and are far too accessible. Unlike Skyguards which can be pulled only from certain bases, can't be brought back to life once destroyed, and have much more limited range so they can perform the AA deterrent properly.

Bursters need 4 things that need to be tweaked - projectile speed reduction, AOE radius reduction, damage falloff with distance (there is NONE today despite what its stats say, its basically doing flat damage within its 6m inner blast radius), and damage reduction.
    • Up x 2
  17. Mambakiller

l2p
    • Up x 2
  18. Phazaar

AA MAXs really need to be scaled back (AND FOR GODS SAKE STOP LOCKDOWN+ZOE FROM AFFECTING THEM!!!!). The have one -huge- advantage that -should- be their main strength as AA. Rezzability. If you use an AA MAX with a medic nearby, your 100 resource cost is completely negated. No matter the actions of the enemy forces (except for overrunning you entirely, at which point air is no longer needed anyway), you will be combat effective -forever- if you're supported. Compare that to a Skyguard, twice the resource cost, three times the timer, half the damage, and you only live once. All that for 70kph and being visible from 800m? Gee, thanks SOE.
    • Up x 1
  19. Purg

To claim that Infantry are rewarded more XP while sporting massive XP/min figures.. I have the same amount of base captures as you do even though I have about half the amount of game play time. That's quite a large XP boost you forgo being an ESF which you made up by *killing things*.

Look at the new set of stats that grades with BR where experience actually counts. ESF takes over pretty quickly. MAX is the only thing that beats ESF and that's largely due to the increased XP assists they get just for hitting an ESF a couple of times before it dies.
  20. Grotpar

Learn to teamwork.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.