Chimera

Discussion in 'Cobalt (EU)' started by Vyla, Dec 14, 2012.

1. Rexsaw

I play VS. I always try to step it up a notch when I see the CHI tag. They just seem a little more organized and quick to react.

If you join, good for you, but I'll be gunnin' for ya.
  2. CommanderShoppard

Hey been looking at some outfits and I like the sound of you guys the most, if you guys are still recruiting I would like to join. I have added some of the in game contacts to talk to you guys about this. I may be green but I'm getting better quickly
  3. Jupil@ire

Just add Gimpsy or Matlockk and talk to them on the chat when they're connected.
    You'll get the TS infos in-game.
  4. Ynwe

*push

We are the #1 TR outfit on Cobalt, can check that fact if you like, probably the one with highest organization. You want to finally have guys that respond to the situation, not just in the current fight, but on the entire continent? You want to have TS communication for every squad? Then this is the squad for you.
  5. Matlock0

Chimera Twitch channel is up! I stream some sweet BR 96 action most days while leading a squad or two.
  6. Mrsnoppe

Hey

Is there space for a 31 year old (damit still 30 for 3 days more) with a child, wife, dog, cat and job to join?
    Cant really play every night as you notice, but just want some chill dudes to hang out with instead of trying to play 1 man defense cuz people having hard time watching the minimap?
  7. Redrikardo

Hi

I oud like to join up if possible. 20 years old still in school i play mostly Heavy but i like medic and engenier and can switch if needed.
  8. DannyDeeps

Hello,

I've been looking for an outfit for awhile on my lovely home of Cobalt and it seems you guys are a solid choice, lots of presence on the battlefield and I believe I have had the pleasure of fighting beside you guys a few times.

I'll be online a lot today and am available to come hang out on TS or in-game if you'd like to send me a PM on here or in-game to "DannyDeepsTR", good day!
  9. LeBigJimbo

Ace, I'll get some of the higher up guys to get back to you asap.

Should fit in quite well then from the sounds of it!

Seeing that you did not mention Infiltrator, your good to sign on :D We normally only role as those three classes anyway, though a good MAX unit never hurts.
  10. Ayeba

I am curious what you mean by "#1 TR outfit". Color me both curious and interested, but also not completely sold yet.

Perhaps it is better to specify what I *am* looking for. I am looking for an outfit that actually cares about defending territory, not only zerging/capturing it. A squad (needn't be full) that all redeploy to whichever place is under attack, push off the attackers and work on enemy bases only when our own are secure. Or that relocates quickly using air transport.

Also, a bit tactical thought in capturing. For example: Avoid fighting at the border between Vanu and NC whenever possible. Those areas are straight impossible to hold and much harder to capture, versus areas that are only contested by one enemy faction. Finally, if one faction is pushed hard back, focus on the other faction and just hold what you have, rather than ignoring the other faction and keep pushing, which allows the other faction to steamroll TR territory.

I hope that was clear enough. Let me know which of these goals, if any, Chimera can fulfill.
  11. Matlock0

1. He means the planetside universe outfit ranking, which counts XP/min and XP/character but it's not really a good system. Ynwe makes us sound very arrogant so sorry about that :p.

2. About defending: Check http://www.planetside-universe.com/outfit-37509528949362910.php?tab=leaderboard for our active player defense/attack facility ratio. I have 4100 defenses of facilities compared to my 1976 captures. Same ratio with Gimpsy for example. We use galaxy drops in order to quickly save our territories, such as this one . We deploy brutal AV Turret/Striker groups to kill entire unaware zerg convoys at specific locations. During alerts for example in Amerish, we set an overall goal of holding Heyoka tech plant and the surroundings of it for the duration of the alert. The key in our defense is to fall back in advance and set up a proper defense that is ready when the enemy zerg starts moving again.

3. Tactics in capture. I specifically try to avoid fighting 2 factions at once. Exception can be defending a base and letting the NC/VS fight for the outer capture points while we defend the middle and try force them to fight each other.

4. Our main strategy during evenings is to use galaxy drops to secure areas efficiently, being mobile and using the galaxy bulldog/walker guns as a ground/air support for the rest of the group while they secure the point. Sometimes we deploy some prowlers (if you get prowler you should get a secondary gunner with vulcan) to flank enemy sunderer positions. Our squad leaders have level 5 beacons ofc and know the ins and outs of where to place them to get the most out of them.

5. I tend to keep the squad fighting in an area if the fight is a great one, rather than moving to fight another faction just because they have a bit more regions. Entertainment is priority #1, then overall goals of TR but usually these two are the same. I try to avoid leaving a decent fight with NC even if VS has more territory than NC for example.

Hopefully that answered some questions on how we operate.
  12. Ayeba

Yes, thank you. It sounds like something that will fit my tastes perfectly. Will drop a in-game application (more commonly known as a PM) to whichever of you I see online when I have the chance. Hopefully I will live up to your expectations as well.
  13. Nenarch

Anyone from chim still streaming, just got back from work site.. so was wondering if there's a stream snipe opportunity this weekend
  14. Striton

I'm interested in joining your outfit if you guys are still recruiting. I've been playing PS2 for a while solo and sometimes with a few platoons, but I'm looking for some organized play now.

I'm 22, unemployed so my hours will be a bit more liberating. I play Engineer and I enjoy Sniper, Heavy or Assault sometimes. In game name is Striton. I have Vent and Teamspeak3 installed and I have used them before, so it won't be problem using those. :)
  15. Matlock0

Unfortunately it's murdering my fps too much for me to perform at my best, so I'm most likely going to hold off on streaming until August. Then I will consider getting a capture card to stream better and also OC my CPU. My upload will be ****** for whole summer so that is going to stop me from streaming earlier with better fps.
  16. Matlock0

We always welcome new members. Only thing we're missing is numbers (we have about 18-24 guys at evenings). We can currently change the tide of most fights on our server by being aggressive with galaxy and eliminating enemy spawns, but imagine if we get a full platoon :).
  17. Striton

How would I apply? Do you have a website or will I be contacted in-game?

And yeah! It would be cool, but right now I think 18-24 people is about right for me. I haven't done much organized in PS2, so it'll be interesting to see how it goes.
  18. Fossur

Hello, I would like to apply with my TR character called 'AntiScythe'. I'm a mosquito pilot mainly, but I'm willing to cert into whatever other classes you guys need too.
  19. PatchworkOrange

Hey!

I'm BR 45. At the moment, I play almost exclusively as an Engineer, but I'm planning to branch out to MAX soon. I'm usually found inside one of several vehicles I've upgraded, which includes the Mosquito, Galaxy, Prowler, and Sunderer.

Anyway, I was hoping I could join up. :)
  20. Tyber

A chimera? Does it mean that bunch of classes mutate to form something gruesome and deadly? Sounds interesting, count me in, the name's TyberMech.

All hail The Republic!