Infiltrators needs C4

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by ArcKnight, Dec 29, 2012.

1. Sockpuppet

this is no longer remotely constructive. Valid debate is one thing, but this is not it.
  2. Havic

It does not make any sense why someone who is meant to infiltrate a base would not be allowed to carry C4 lol.
  3. SmokeMcCloud

The medic has C4. The medic doesn't need C4, it makes the class overpowered cause a lowly medic who gets overlooked can destroy a vehicle.
  4. Stinneyt

Which is a problem to be discussed in the Medic section of the forum. Instead or raising infiltrator to the OP standard of the Medic class perhaps a modification to Medic is necessary.
  5. XRIST0

Medics arent invisible ..
  6. SmokeMcCloud

Neither are infiltrators, Learn to play. Watch for the glass man, listen for the cloak, get some scout radar... you have lots of options against infiltrators who are significantly under-par at the moment.

Light assault can sneak around on jet packs and pull stealthy aerial bombings.

Medics are medics, they aren't front line assault troopers, or anti tank troopers... they are infantry to infantry health support... why do they need C4? They should be keeping heavies rolling

Infiltrators NEED to have something to use against vehicles... cause if you can be exploited easily like that you need to learn to play. Get some defense certs, watch your surroundings and don't get tunnel vision, work with some peeps.

I look forward to the day when infiltrators have anti-vehicle options, and your tears will fuel me well.
  7. Papaver

@ up

Actually, as evidenced by Combat Medics getting the best weapon category in the game, they are supposed to be the front line troops, or at least second line, the DPS and heals behind the tanks and the suppression of the HAs

Also, Scout Radar doesn't pick up cloaked infils.
  8. lilleAllan

Infils certaintly don't need c4.

LOL, to even suggest it.
    • Up x 3
  9. XRIST0

Learn to play ? :rolleyes:

Please ..

Nice argument there .

Last thing infiltrators need is C4 , they dont "NEED" something to use against vehicles . Every other class does , use one of them .
    • Up x 2
  10. Stinneyt

There is a vocal group who disagree with you.
  11. Dr. Euthanasia

Technically, most of us don't want C4 so much as anything which can cause lasting harm to vehicles. Right now I'm most attracted to the idea of a sticky time bomb that can be disabled by enemy players. It'd force people out of their tanks to fight and potentially die to us, or destroy the tanks if ignored. Moreover, hiding one on the underside of a Sunderer would only be possible if you reached the thing without being caught, and even then you'd have to defend the area until it exploded.

C4 in particular is just too fast and unexpected. I do think that it's one of the most fun tools ever to exist in an online shooter, but from a balance perspective, I can see why it might cause problems.
  12. jimredtalon

this is just a foolish idea, tanks and vehicles in general die too much and too easily to infantry as it is. You want to c4 a tank switch to heavy, light, engie, or medic. My outfit has several fantastic infiltrators that do a great job disabling vehicles. They get behind their lines and pick off the engies when they get out to fix their broken vehicles thus rendering the vehicle unmanned and useless. Or they pick off the engies from a ams sundie so some one else has an easy time destroying it. If you not successfully disabling vehicles your doing it wrong.

One more thing, I can't tell you how many times I have run into an enemy tower, while enemy platoons were defending it, exe. the crown. And successfully hacked an AV base turret and killed several of their own guys with it before I get caught and killed usually by one of them blowing up the turret I was in. Its one of my favorite ways to play infil. I get to sneak in and kill lots of enemies with their own turrets and I usually make them blow up their own turret effectively disabling their capability to defend.
  13. Hoki

Here let me roleplay 99% of forum posters.

Well it isn't that way right now, so just deal with it.
  14. MajiinBuu

Infiltrators don't need C4.
  15. Astraka

Don't you know that the forums aren't supposed to be used to have discussions reference bettering the game? :rolleyes:
  16. NeonNoodle

Honestly there should just be a base "Infantry" class and the player gets to define their roll through customization. Via the equipment slot system that is already being utilized, the player can choose between say Heavy armor, Jet Pack, or Cloaking Device. Then in turn fill the weapon slots with the desired systems for rifle, secondary, side arm, grenades, explosives, and utilities.
    • Up x 1
  17. OldMaster80

I'm a little ******** after 12 hours of work... so your argument is that Infiltrators shouldn't have C4 because they can use a gun... that everyone else can have? That makes me laugh a lot [IMG]

Personally I wouldn't either add C4 to Infiltrators, for the only reason that there's already too much of that crap in the game. We don't need more remote controlled explosive at the moment.
    The C4 infiltrators purpose (to make vehicles useless) could be easily replaced by some kind of improved hacking feature.
  18. ArcKnight

well if the majority is against C4 then what about a time bomb or some other explosive device that's only good for AI and has the AV capabilities of a frag
  19. m44v

I believe that the reason the infiltrator is the only class without C4 is because vehicle hacking was planned. I only hope that hacking a vehicle is going to be as worthwhile as C4'ing it. If is just going be "kick the occupants out for 25 XP" I'm going to be pissed.
  20. ArcKnight

they'll probably add XP cap on it like terminal hacking or something we're gonna hate

SOE has a history of throwing stuff out of wack