Nerf Vanu Firepower

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by TheKhopesh, Apr 21, 2013.

1. TheKhopesh

I have noticed ever since the Vanu have gotten a weapon damage buff, they CAN NOT be matched head on in a 1v1.

For the faction that is supposed to have the lowest front-on survivability, they're WAY too powerful now.
    This is a serious problem, the Vanu were perfect before the 07 update.

Now, I am getting killed consistently at Battle Rank 31 by single digit Battle Ranks who miss half their shots.
  2. Oreo202

It was a nerf in medium range, and a buff at long range. You do realize that battle rank does not equal skill, don't you?
    • Up x 11
  3. SgtBreastroker

They didn't receive any weapon damage buff. The damage degradation was increased to match both TR and NC and even that shouldn't have a drastic effect on infantry gameplay as most fights occur well within these distances.

The only weapons that received buffs were most of the VS MAX AI weapons.
    • Up x 2
  4. Shanther

Not sure if serious... The VS didn't get a weapon damage buff. The lost the EXTRA damage drop off penalty. Our damage at range is now the same as TR and NC. So...yeah...you're just playing poorly.

Also BR is not equal to skill.
    • Up x 1
  5. NUKABAZOOKA

We now have the exact same damage falloff rate as NC and TR. You must be overpowered too.
    • Up x 6
  6. SneakyTouchy

It's all in your head.
    • Up x 5
  7. Sledgecrushr

This thread needs to be nerfed ASAP!!
    • Up x 1
  8. Jalek

More 1v1 complaints... this is team deathmatch, not solo battlegrounds.
  9. Pat Cleburne

Just hope you catch the vanu from behind OP. In a head on shootout they will instagib you most of the time. It's been that way since launch. It's worse now.
  10. Phyr

1v1, so close range. As it turns out, VS lost damage in close range. I didn't know patchs nerfed players critical thinking skills. The government would like this technology.
  11. Zaik

one less bullet to kill at 150m then they had last patch, so op nerf prz
  12. VSDerp

[IMG]
    • Up x 5
  13. Shockwave44

I guess that's why you chose to stay TR for the last 6 months. You poor thing.
    • Up x 1
  14. Devrailis

A man that beautiful must be Vanoo.

Stupid sexy Vanoos.
    • Up x 1
  15. vincent-

OMG you're a battlerank 31 and a single digit is killing you!:eek:

Oh wait...Battle rank means crap.
  16. Bill Hicks

they are purple, thats nerf enough
    • Up x 1
  17. KodanBlack

I knew these "Vanu are OP because they do the same damage as we do and don't have bullet drop" threads were going to come out. Frankly, I play all of the factions, with VS being clearly where my loyalty lies (I have other characters to play with friends in their outfits). I've seen no difference in my performance since the change, no matter whether I'm playing the VS or fighting the VS.
    • Up x 1
  18. KodanBlack

Oh, but the VS are closer to black now. :)
  19. Sebyos

Some people can't even google...
    • Up x 1
  20. Laraso

That's just you being completely terrible at the game. The Vanu have no bullet drop. That's their entire faction trait. The NC have hard hitting weapons and the TR have high-capacity magazines. Those are faction traits.

Having no bullet drop is, quite honestly, a completely worthless faction trait. The only time no bullet drop becomes an advantage is at 120m > distances. The only effective weapon the Vanu have with no bullet drop for that range is semi-automatic sniper rifles, and before the patch they were terrible because of the increased damage fall off. Now that they have normal damage fall off, the Vanu have become the semi-automatic sniper rifle faction, as that's the only weapon they have right now that will outperform the NC or VS.

Also, the Vanu are not supposed to have less survivability. That thought was probably fabricated in the recesses of your mind because before the patch they had the worst infantry.
    • Up x 1