Constant Crashing.

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Therous, Apr 18, 2013.

1. Therous

So I had this issue a few days ago, I log on begin playing and within five minutes i crash: Planetside2.exe has stopped working. I managed to fix it by doing a clean installation of my latest nVidia driver so all was good for a few days. Then I log on today and the issue pops up again. I figure that i can do the same I did last time to fix it, so I do a clean install of the same driver try it again and the problem persists. I just want to play the game and I'm not sure if it is a problem I alone am having or if there are other people that have the same or similar issues. Any info is appreciated as i just wish to get back to wrecking the TR and NC.
    Thanks ahead of time guys :)
    • Up x 1
  2. FightingFirst

Im having the exact same problem. Until the update 6 I never crashed.
  3. FragEngine

I had the same issues for a while. I was playing Briggs Server in EU and changed to a local server here in the US (Watergate) East since I am in Georgia. Have not crashed once in the last month. Make sure at least you are on a local server. Even if it means you have to start fresh. The seamless game play out ways the crashing FOR SURE.
  4. Therous

I should post my system stats, i forgot that.

CPU: Intel i5 3570k @ 4.5Ghz
    GPU: GTX 660
    MOBO: MSI Z77A-GD55
    RAM: Intel Extreme Masters 8GB @ 1600Mhz
    PSU: CoolMax 650cu
    Heatsink: Corsair H60
    HDD: Seagate 1TB

my psu is a piece of ****, i know and i am trying to buy a new one
  5. Therous

I am on a local server, I was on jaeger which is now waterson.
  6. Therous

Yea my problem began with GU06 too. I just want to play so bad :( help me sony, please help me.
  7. TGxVodka

Is your operating system 64 or 32 bit? I know it may seem obvious and maybe stupid to ask, but some people don't realise. 32 bit often causes this game to crash.
  8. Souleater

I'm also plagued by frequent crashes.

Was fine in the beta but a few weeks ago I started getting crashes. Sometimes it reports that ps2.exe has stopped working, sometimes the drivers report that they have crashed and recovered (but PS2 still dumps me to the desktop.) Occasionally, the screen will flicker black for a moment and then recover.

I've reinstalled PS2. Stripped out my drivers and gone back to older ones. Put more RAM in my rig (which has noticeably decreased my load times)

Tried new drivers again. Still crashing. Sunday night I had six crashes in about 45 minutes.

Sometimes I can play for an hour or so, other times it will crash within minutes. Seems to happen more often when I am in Equipment/Vehicle/Depot. I play on several servers and it happens with all of them.

Windows 7 HP 64-bit
    E8400
    P5Q Pro
    8800 GTX
    500GB Seagate HDD
    6GB DDR2 RAM (2x2GB 2x1GB)

I really, really love this game and this is incredibly frustrating.

I would reinstall Windows but I've got a ton of software for my course installed. Could that make a difference? Visual Studio 2008, MSQL Server Express R2, stuff like that...
  9. FragEngine

I accidentally said Watergate Server instead of Waterson. It does make a difference what server you are on. Try to stay as local as possible. I had every symptom of crashing everyone posted about and struggled for a bit while researching and researching. Ironically no one mentioned anything about the servers. Might just be me but it made the difference between crashing continuously to playing for hours non-stop and haven't crashed in over a month sense I changed servers to a local one. Hope this helps. GL
    [IMG]
  10. FragEngine

11. FragEngine

If you are running a Rig like that make sure that PSU is running minimum 550w. The Graphics card pulls 450w. Then you have a lot built up around it. With a 4.5Ghz CPU it would be safe to say you need 600w. Is that PSU 600w??
  12. FragEngine

Dual Core Processors (e8400) running around 3.0Ghz can only handle so much these days. If your FSB was pulling 1600Mhz you might be ok but the fact that you may have a lot off programs running in the background at the same time playing this game might be a red flag for you. There is a lot of activity in this game. You need the extra DDR 2 space and processing power instead of their resources being saturated with background activity. It might actually help a little to get rid of programs you are not using before you play. Driver error messages as well as executable tasks being cancelled can be due to interuption.
  13. Therous

It is a 650w, I know that's not the problem.
  14. Kargion

Same problem here. I thought it was my PC over heating so I re-cased it with a HAF X and a H90 cpu cooler and now all my cooling is fine and randomly it still crashes. If I run high it goes for like an hour then crashes if i run low it goes for a bit longer then goes to 1fps and crashes.

i7 960 3.2ghz
    24 GB RAM
    sli nvidia 570
    Cougar 1000w psu
    Windows 8 64 bit
  15. RaZz0R

just for giggles... recent posts from smedly... reckons they make anyone using any number of cheats or hacks crash out alot.

That to me sounds like a cop-out, as every hour or two it seems I need to restart as well - yay :)
  16. DaftMedic

I built a new computer so I could get better FPS and I started getting the consistent crashes just as OP describes. I do get better FPS but crashes are discouraging.

Old computer specs:
    AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE Deneb 3.4GHz Quad-Core
    EVGA GeForce GTX 670 FTW 2GB
    G.Skill 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1600
    Asus M4A87TD EVO AM3 AMD
    Crucial 128 GB m4 SSD
    Corsair CMPSU-650TX PSU

New computer specs:
    i7-3770k 3.5GHz Quad-Core
    EVGA GeForce GTX 670 FTW 2GB
    G.Skill 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1600
    Asus Sabertooth Z77 Intel Motherboard
    Crucial 128 GB m4 SSD
    Corsair HX650W PSU

I've noticed crashes happen most consistently when I am flying my Reaver, but also during other times. It almost feels like a performance bug, something gets stressed and breaks.
  17. Souleater

Yeah, I know my poor old rig is pretty outdated. :( I close off everything I don't need when playing PS2 and tend to uninstall software that I no longer need. I even tried that Razer gamer app but it made no difference.

I've started saving up for a new set of bits but looking at the reports from people with much newer rigs isn't exactly encouraging.
  18. Kazzah

I've been getting similar problems - bought a new computer which Ive had since Tuesday 16th just before update 7 (so same problem with update 6 and 7) - it happens for me mostly when I access the character layouts either from a terminal or from a Sunderer. Client crashes to desktop (via a windows solution finding popup). I have had a few random crashes while moving though.

Windows 8
    i7 3770k @4.5Ghz
    EVGA GTX 680 (using latest driver)
    16GB DDR3 1866Mhz
    Gigabyte Z77X-D3H Motherboard
    SSD
    600 watt PSU
  19. Kazzah

This might be my problem, I actually wasn't aware there was a 32 bit version of windows 8 so picked the cheapest option when I bought the computer a week or so ago. Although if I have 16gb of memory surely it has to be 64 bit?
  20. Kargion

All versions of Windows comes with 32 bit and 64 bit. You can see what your running in your system settings.

Glad to see its not just me crashing. Last night i did an alert for about 2ish hours and no crash. Seems the crashes are just random. I started playing the game in G6 and now G7 so I have seen the crashing only in those two versions.