THE VS WHAT?!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Scythan, Apr 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scythan

All extra VS damage scaling at range has been removed. VS minimum damage now matches the damage scaling of the other two factions.

Okay. I am missing something because surely the developers did not remove the only balancer for the no-bullet-drop Vanu?

I'm not trolling I am actually asking because I cannot believe that the VS now suffer no extra rage-damage reduction to compensate for the fact that aiming is instant point-and-click for them.

The justified reason for this is?

Help me understand please.
    • Up x 1
  2. Benton!

The 6-7% population imbalances was too much for them so they needed to be made even easier.
    • Up x 1
  3. CruelStriker

Battles where hardly ever at the range this would kick in. I honestly wont notice any difference being primarily a max user now.
  4. iRhuel

Honestly if you think no bullet drop is that big a deal your grasp on this game sucks pretty bad. So seeing your SPMs, I can see why you lot would say that.
    • Up x 2
  5. Scythan

Speaking as a TR who in PS1 was the ever-loving nerfbait of everything-ness, you poor NC really do get beat with the bat on almost every release, don't you?

Kinda feel sorry for you, at the same time, kinda happy to still be middle-of-the-road TR.

In addition to my OP: the magrider is now even faster and more maneuverable? I understand it was over-nerfed update-before-last but this might be over-buffing?
  6. MNO

If bullet drop is even a FACTOR in your gameplay then you haven't played FPS games for long.

Secondly, it's more of a nerf than anything, we had slightly higher minimum damage at short range before, now it's lower - that's a nerf pal, and a bigger offset than a little more damage at range.

even FASTER? Pre-buff the magrider was slower than the prowler, which is funny considering the VS are supposed to be the ones that utilize speed and maneuverability, not only that, but we had no "maneuverability" because our strafe speed was so gimped it was impossible to dodge any tank shells anyway due to the tank shell velocity buff. Thirdly, after the hover-height nerf, Magriders struggle over the smallest of rocks.
    I wish people would actually play VS before spouting complete ********, pretty funny though.
    • Up x 1
  7. IamSalvation

Yeah because NC is easy mode.. you have less recoil, more damage, smaller CoF... sure Vanu have it sooo easy with 2x-3x FSM on nearly each weapon... ******* NC still acting as it was hard for them lol.. do you belive this yourselfe?

No Bulletdrop is an advantage on 2 Weapons in this game: Semi Auto Rifles (Scout+Battlerifle) and Shotgun with Slugs. For everything else i bet noone would even notice if they gave every Faction no drop...
    • Up x 1
  8. Oreo202

IT IS A NERF AND A TINY BUFF. EDUCATE YOURSELF BEFORE YOU COMPLAIN.
    • Up x 1
  9. Scythan

These are exactly the justified reasons I was talking about....

o_O
  10. NightmareP69

You are trolling, "point and click" please get out.
    PS2 has the worst community iv'e ever seen in my life, the amount of sheer stupidity on these forums and from the players is over the top. 90% of the people don't understand how any of the empire specific traits work or anything and have no idea about game balance.
    • Up x 1
  11. Ghosty11

The reasoning is that at ranges where the damage degradation became an issue, the TR and NC could simply aim a little higher to compensate, whereas the Vanu could not do anything to compensate for this draw back of their weapons. Less damage is less damage no matter how good you can aim, so at long range the Vanu were disadvantaged by a higher time to kill. I know every Vanu player I talked to would rather have bullet drop than the damage degradation.
  12. Barosar

No bullet drop, though a nice perk, is not translating into lethality. So now the damage is equal, VS just aim differently. Big deal.
  13. HellasVagabond

Expired medicine right ? Seek Professional help if that's the case, unless we have a doctor in here.....
  14. Scythan

I am not #@@%!ing complaining! I started this post to understand, the fact all the VS are jumping to flaming strongly is somewhat telling, needless to say.

I don't think the developers would alienate 2/3rds of their playerbase by a vastly overpowering balance change, but I don't UNDERSTAND this. In my play personally, I can attest that bullet drop DOES matter to me. I can't speak for others, maybe that makes me a crappy gamer...okay. But it affects me and what I do. Especially with my slug-gun and Battle Rifles...it does matter, from my perspective....that's all I can cite.
  15. Timperium

Why do people talk about bullet drop as if it matters in the slightest? It's barely even noticeable.

Bloody hell, I doubt any Vanu would care if they gave us bullet drop. Stop whining, pull up your pants like a big boy and shut your mouth before you make idiotic threads.
  16. {joer

These are the devs who can break things they are not even suppose to be changing. Do you expect logic?
    • Up x 1
  17. {joer

You never tried to use TR weapons long range then. I don't even bother.
  18. C0L0NELH0GAN

Truely its a nerf, because we had a slower damage drop off, so VS weapons dealt a little bit more damage at medium range (about 70m) and after that we dealt less damage than NC/TR
    Now the damage drop off is the same as NC/TR - so its a Nerf

[IMG]
    • Up x 2
  19. Acuta

Do you fear semi-auto snipers?

No?

Then don't stress it, we are now on an even playing field at range.

FWIW, anybody with skill could snipe with a CARV/ Gauss SAW...now an Orion can, too.
    • Up x 2
  20. Roxputin

Take our spandex. Take our flamboyant fuchsia and cyan (wink). But never mess with our EZ-Mode.
    • Up x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.