Petition against LA nerf present in test server.

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Kyouki, Apr 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Goretzu

If indeed it is 60m then that is probably too loud. :)

Just as currently it being effectively silent is too quiet. :)
  2. Hagestol

All empirical data points away from you being right about it being too quiet. So you're wrong. Also, phrase it "I think it being effecively silent is too quiet". Because thats what it is, an opinion. An opinion going against all facts.
  3. Intruder313

Fixing LA's missing audio is not a "direct nerf".
    • Up x 1
  4. Hagestol

That would imply it is missing. It is not. It does have audio and you can hear it inside buildings if you're close, I believe the range is about 30m.
  5. Goretzu

Er... the current range is nothing like 30m. :D
    You can barely hear it through a wall with a window when stood right next to it.

Where is this "empirical data" of yours? :confused:

Nothing in that spread sheet suggests that, so you must be talking about something else, by all mean post it so we can all see it. :)
  6. Hagestol

Try it. go to a silent base, and check it out. Please test stuff before you speak, please please please! The google docs I posted proves that there is no increased players playing LA, LA score less than all classes but one and are generally worse. For your claim to be true, that LA have no counter, then LA would be overplayed, have a great score etc. I can extrapolate that from that data. Everything in my spreadsheet suggests that, I suggest you learn about using statistics. Then you dig up some complaint threads about this thing, because I'm getting tired of asking you to show me how the community was raging about this - considering all the empirical data is talking against your stance.
  7. Goretzu

In absolute silence you may just able to just detect Jetpacks at 30m, but I doubt it, certainly whenever I do hear them it is much closer than that.

Although that would make the HA shield turning on noise detectable from about 1 base away. :D

That spreadsheet still shows nothing of the sort and will never even if you repeat it 1,000,000,000,000 times. :)

And again I am not suggeting LA as a class have no counter and I have no idea why you would say that I am. :confused: I am saying that Jetpack being virtually silent has no counter, the two are very different things.
  8. Hagestol

Jesus. The spreadsheet shows that we're underplayed, and score less pr hour as a class. Learn to read, learn to use statistics and then get back to us please.
  9. Goretzu

None of which shows anything to do with the volume of the Jetpack. :confused:

What of being "underplayed" or "less score per hour" do you think shows anything about Jetpack volume?

We've been through this above, there's a lot of factors also not shown in that spreadsheet, and even if buffs are needed that doesn't mean all nerfs or fixes are therefore precluded.
  10. Hagestol

This is not a fix. This is a nerf. Our class is underplayed and underscoring. What do you think happens to unwanted classes that are further nerfed? They become even more unwanted, leaving less to play it when it is eventually fixed in the pass. Shooting yourself in the leg and applying a bandaid. It doesn't show anything about the jetpack volume, but you've yet to find ONE post complaining about it before the announcement. Which leads me to believe that this was not an imbalance, just something they're testing. It is not needed, hence we complain about it. You have no basis for your argument, I have basis for mine. You loose here, sorry mate. You lost 5 pages ago. Your logic is sound. Let us nerf underplayed and underscoring classes. Ignoring that fewer people play them and nobody complained about them before. Ignoring that the scenario you described rarely happens. Lets have LA make tank battle sounds every time they use their primary flanking tool that reaches longer than their weapon equipment. Does any of this sound off to you? Because if not, then I worry about you.
  11. Goretzu

There have been posts on the volume of LA Jetpacks going back to Beta.

But ok lets play it your way. :)

How does keeping a silent Jetpack make LA more played? Or give them more Score per hour?

In what way would it improve the class from its current position?
  12. Hagestol

Can't turn it around like that. Burden of proof, like many of us have already said, is on you. You have to prove that the nerf is needed. Yet you haven't.
    [IMG]

Teaser: Keeping it as is keeps us at said low score. Nerfing us will lower it even more. Not exactly rocket surgery or brain science.
  13. Goretzu

You can't have it both ways, either you think LA is weak and have some ideas to buff them, or you don't actually think the are weak at all. :) (either way you never actually play LA bizarrely :confused: )

So what you are saying is that LA need to be buffed, fair enough, what are your ideas for that? (besides given LA a new gun that has pellet shotgun DPS from CQC to sniper rifle range AND can blow up vehicles :D)

But that still doesn't preclude giving Jetpacks a counter by making them louder.
  14. Hagestol

False, I can think the LA is weak AND have no ideas to buff them. Like most do, hence no real suggestions and so few playing the class. At the same time I can have the regular mental faculties to imagine that nerfing won't help, it will hurt.

Next.

And yes, it does preclude it. Still no posts, quotes, stats or anything to show that having silent jetpacks is OP, so you have no basis.
  15. Goretzu

Indeed you can, it probably means your opinion isn't to be taken terribly seriously though, don't you think? :)

So we'd agree that LA Jetpack can be made louder (and that would give them a counter like cloaking and HA shields give) and LAs can still be buffed with louder Jetpacks if needed.
  16. Hagestol

Nope, I can say that north Korea is a poorly run country without having the solution to fixing it and still be taken seriously. No correlation at all.

No, we can't agree on that. I never said that. I don't believe it is a valid fix because it destroys the vanguard gameplay that is the strenght of the LA. You're welcome to disagree here. What I'm saying is that no nerfs are acceptable right now, regardless of what we might think. And even if some are, the noise level was never an issue untill they changed it on TC. Grasping wont get you anywhere. This was never an issue, and "fixing" it now will pull us even further down the "drain".

Look at the numbers again.
  17. Goretzu

So we're right back to the same thing then.

You think LA are weak because they are less played and have less score per hour than everyone but Infiltrators, we have no evidence for infantry vs infantry score per hour at all, nor what effect the Jetpack (never mind the volume of the Jetpack has on any of that) and you have no ideas on how to buff LA.

And I think LA Jetpacks need to be at least as loud as the cloaking sound and HA shield turning on sound. :)
  18. Hagestol

So you want the INF cloaking sound and HA shield sound to go on during the entire duration? I see.

I know they are weak because thats how every MMO game goes - weak classes get left behind and people flock to strong classes.

And again you're wrong. If you had bothered opening the stat page we've been spamming you you'd see statistics for every gun.

Example:
    Best CQC Carb for VS, VX6-7: 4252score/hour, a bit under 15 kills/hr
    SV-88, VS LMG: 6288score/hour, 23kills/hr

So either VS HA are extremely superior to VS LA, or there is an issue.

Easy. I used numbers, I proved that at least the best CQC rifle is better than the Carb. Now look at the shotguns, even they don't go over 19. So the LMG is superior.

Numbers don't lie. Get your numbers straight.
  19. ShumaKun

Stop this BS nerf
  20. Goretzu

Er.... no. I said, nor implied no such thing. Please provide a quote or me saying anything of the sort. o_O
    That's feeling not empirical.

Considering you don't play your VS toon, supposedly, you're always going on about VS weapons. :confused:

However I don't doubt LMGs get more kills as they generally have a longer range, however that stats page opens up an whole can of worms.
    The SAW only gets 16.03 kills/hr! :eek: :eek: :eek:
    Which suggests by your reckoning that the SV-88 is very, very much OP. :eek:

Numbers don't lie! :D

(although the JH supposedly get 23.15 kills per hour, which frankly bizzare!)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.