Why does the LA need a nerf?

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Eclipson, Apr 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stargazer86

LA's already need that. An oblivious LA will simply jetpack straight up into the enemy's face. Or will jetpack up out in the open and hang in the air like a big ol' target. In both cases, they'll be shot within 3 seconds.

Good LA's are the ones actually doing the flanking. Jetting up onto roofs, running across, and dropping down to attack the undefended door. If you only dealt with stupid LA's, no one would be complaining about being flanked, because they'd just join in the meatgrinder. Flanking IS battlefield awareness.
  2. SDD

Adding more loudness to the cloak is pointless with its current volume (before you needed headphones to be able to hear it, now you don't, as with LA's new jetpack volume), but yes, the ability to be camouflaged for a limited duration will remain as advertised.

If the door was undefended, nobody heard the jetpack. Congratulations, you performed your role with the new jetpack volume!
  3. Stargazer86

Undefended. As in, everyone in the room is currently facing away from you. Until they heard your jetpack.
    • Up x 1
  4. Sea of Ink

Why are people so bent up on making this game less fun for other people?
    • Up x 1
  5. OldMaster80

Of course those who get killed by a flying soldier that makes no noise have a lot of fun.
    And Infiltrators also love the fact they're called "infiltrators" but it's actually another class to be stealthy scout of the team.
  6. Doggzor

So basically it isn't the noise you have an issue with its the actual jetpack included in the game, no matter what anyone says you just hate the jetpack and you wont be happy until its removed from the game or rendered entirely useless that none will bother using it.

Its people like you that destroy any chance of these type of games from being a success as you don't have any constructive criticism on making the game better for everyone, just thinking of ways to make it appeal to you and you only.

You haven't come up with any other method on how the issue at hand can be resolved, you just want your way only. Have you thought about how the LA and INF can work together in tandem, who is going to open the door for your infiltrator to get past the shields in a base, plant that spawn beacon in a nice up high spot etc.
    • Up x 1
  7. Hagestol

Bitterness it is then? The correct methodology is asking for fix to your own gameplay, not remove it from the second least played class (even if you are the least played class).
  8. Sea of Ink

I mean, it's obvious that the "silent" LA is destroying everyone. I mean, it's crazy OP, right? Except the numbers have it under-performing against all classes except one, so it needs a nerf.

In sort, you suck at this game. Period.
  9. Stargazer86

Gotta love it when actual statistics back up your argument.
  10. toxs

Mate the classes and we can get hybrid classes.

FLYING HACKSAW
    INVISIBLE DECIMATOR
    • Up x 2
  11. PanH

Going to copy past stats of average score per hour :
    Max : 12k
    Engi, 8.5k
    Medic : 7.8k
    LA : 6.4k
    HA : 7.4k
    Inf : 5.3k
    So, yeah, inf is broken, but LA is also underpowered compared to other classes
  12. OldMaster80

This is not about OP or UP. I don't care about statistics: I care about what makes and sense and what doesn't: a jetpack trooper that cannot be heard is just stupid. It has always been, it's stupid like if Prowlers could make no sound.

Honestly I don't understand all this drama. You will still be able to flank and you will play exactly the way other classes do: you will have to care about your movements. In large battles still no one will hear you coming, that sound won't change a buck for you as most of people got really low combat awareness, many just do not look above their heads and are just focused on firing. I really don't get why you're all crying like children without their candies.

I've always said that jetpack was an error, it had to be fixed before the final release and it has been a very dumb move from SOE not to do it before. It's just a sound volume, it had to be changed in early September not 8 months later.
  13. Stargazer86

You don't care about the actual evidence that proves LA's do not deserve a nerf. You only care about what you "feel" is right and what makes "sense".

Yeah, your entire argument is rendered utterly pointless by this. You're saying "I don't care what proof you show me that explains how I'm wrong. I just know that I'm right."

And, just because I can't help myself, if you want a game where things make "sense", perhaps you should go play Arma instead of Planetside? Arma doesn't have hovertanks, jetpacks, or cloning, after all.
    • Up x 3
  14. Hagestol

Debunked before. Feel free to read the entire thread before responding. TL;DR: Jetpack has a sound, has not been fixed in alpha beta release or between and there are no complaint threads about it that we've been able to find.
    You speculate for a reason, you're free to call it an opinion but it doesn't make it a fact.

Stealth devices. Magriders. Actual jetpacks. Plasma rifles. Immortality. Nanites. Almost all aspects of this game. Take your pick.
  15. OldMaster80

Yes because I don't think it's a nerf: it's fixing something devs forgot months ago. Then imho they could perfectly balance this new sound by increasing the flying speed, I wouldn't say a thing about that. That would make sense. A silent jetpack imho doesn't exaclty like I'm against all those Infiltrators suggesting that Infiltrators should have a jetpack, climbing ropes or climbing claws: reaching the rooftops is the LA's job. Move silently is the Infiltrator's one.

Silly argument. [IMG]
  16. Hagestol

"I care about what makes and sense and what doesn't:"

was your argument, not mine. Aren't stealth devices silly to you? Does reflective camo make sense to you? Can you show me examples of it being used IRL on a person? No? So what decides if it is silly or not?
  17. Stargazer86

Well, no. The infiltrator's job was originally sniping. That's what the developers designed them around. It's why they have a shimmer cloak. If you go back and look at some beta infiltrator footage, you'll see devs explaining that the cloak was to allow them to move from cover to cover in order to change their sniping positions without being seen. They never meant it to be an up-close-and-personal type of cloaking. They pretty much just made it into the sniper from BF2.

Even though we told them that this made the class nothing like it was in Planetside 1.

So, no. Moving silently isn't the infiltrator's job. Sniping is. People want it to become the infiltrator's job, which I think is correct. It should be.

Doesn't mean the LA should be louder as a result.
  18. Stormlight666

Actually the Infiltrators job WASN'T originally sniping, it was SNEAKING into enemy bases and wrecking havoc on things as well as stealing vehicles/destroying AMS's.
  19. Stargazer86

Yeah. In PS1.

I was saying that in PS2 beta, it was originally sniping.
    • Up x 1
  20. SDD

Yeah, Light Assault needs some tools and mechanics that make it a contribution to a team effort, rather than a solo player out for kills.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.