Why does the LA need a nerf?

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Eclipson, Apr 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hagestol

I agree. But then we'd have LMGs, and I could use lasher with jetpacks and be happy. Currently I have a peashooter.
  2. Goretzu

Lashers make a lot of noise AND lead people straight to your position very quickly. Much worse than Jetpacks making a reasonable amount of noise. :eek:
  3. Hagestol

You think that jetpacks making tank battle noise is fine, I guess I can't change your mind. I guess INF cloaking sound should be like this whenever they are invisible so I don't get killed by them.

Lashers make a lot of noise, but that wouldn't matter if this "fix" is implemented. Make us a full on assault class then, with shield, LMGs and jetpacks, then the only difference would be launcher vs jetpack LA vs HA. I guess that is what you want.
  4. Goretzu

That's a bug, it's sounds louder to yourself on Test than it does to everyone else around you. As I said long ago if Jetpacks were as loud as several MBT constantly firing that would indeed be too loud.

There is rather a large volume range between current jetpacks>>>> cloaking sound >>>>>> MBTs firing however.

Why on Earth would they give a class shields and Jetpacks? :confused:

I'm not entirely convinced Jetpacks were a great idea to begin with (why would they refuse to give VS MAXs them if there weren't issues?), but certainly having them is a BIG positive even with them making noise.

The idea that you want LAs to basically be HAs but also with Jetpacks is a strange one. o_O
  5. Hagestol

Why on earth would they give MBT level sounds to a silent flanking class without giving them survivability to surive the onslaught that follows the booming arrival sound.

The idea that you want the LA to be extremely weak HAs is a strange one.
  6. Goretzu

I have no idea, however they aren't doing that. :confused:

HAs don't have increased mobilty with certs or Jetpacks. :confused:
  7. Hagestol

HAs have launchers and can kill people and vehicles. LAs can scale walls. Seems like a fair distribution of utility.

Also, they are. The sound levels are insane.
  8. Stargazer86

So, you want to make the class that has a jetpack able to flank with the same effectiveness as those who do not have one, even though that those who do not have one have a bunch of other utility to bring to the table.

Let me read that again. "...doesn't mean that LA can't flank or are always going to be expected any more than any class without a jetpack..."

You want the Light Assault class, equipped with a jetpack, to be no different than having an HA or Engineer flank you.

You, one of the many that said that one of the major benefits of even being LA is the fact that they can avoid the camping meatgrinder? The camping meatgrinder that apparently magically prevents anyone else from flanking you and shooting you in the back, which makes LA's super awesome secret ninja assassins that are so much better at it that they need to be nerfed.

How can you possibly, logically claim this? You say that LA's quiet mobility is the one thing that gives them a massive advantage. Then you say that making them louder will make them no different from any other class. So why would you ever play a Light Assault, if you're just going to be expected just as much as all the other classes that have 3x more team utility than you do? If flanking them as LA gets me killed just as much as it does with HA, I might as well just play the HA and have an over-shield and rockets, or a medic that can heal, AOE heal, and rez people.

Good grief you are biased.
  9. Goretzu

Pretty sure it is a self-sound bug, we'll have to see.

LAs can still scale walls, just not in silence.

Can a HA, Engineer, Medic, MAX or Infliltrator fly?

No.... pretty sure they can't.

Will a Jetpack that makes noise mean LAs can no longer fly?

No.... pretty sure they will still be able too do so.

Therefore LAs have more flanking options and still will with a Jetpack that makes some noise. :)
  10. Stargazer86

Yup. Sure. Ignore my whole post and repeat everything you've been saying over and over again. Not frustrating at all. You're certainly not doing it on purpose to be a troll.

You just said, in the post that I quoted, that you want LA to be just as effective as the other classes. Right there. In quotes.

The class that can only fight and shoot things. Whose whole purpose is fighting and shooting things. Whose special ability makes it better at fighting and shooting things. You want it to be equal in fighting and shooting as the other classes who also can do a bunch of other stuff that the LA can't. Do you not see the issue with this? If you don't, than I think we're done here.
    • Up x 2
  11. Goretzu

I am not saying what you are saying I am saying so why should I not ignore you saying something I am NOT saying exactly? :confused:

I have addressed what I said, so again will having a Jetpack that makes noise somehow stop a LA flying? No. Therefore LA will still have more flanking options, as I said (as opposed to a load of thing I never said and don't make a lot of sense). :)

It's not my fault your only argument is to try and pretend I said things I didn't say. o_O
  12. Stargazer86

They will not have more options, because people will hear them coming and shoot them in the face.
  13. Hagestol

Can a pidgeon fly? Can a hawk fly? Can a 747 fly?

Equal balance, they are equally good. Love this logic.
  14. Goretzu

They'd all have more flanking options too. :)

People hearing them coming doesn't equal less options, it just means less total surprise options. Which again is the whole point.

Running into a door or jumping through a window doesn't guarentee total surprise, why should a silent Jetpack? :confused:

LAs will still have more option because the can fly, noise makes no difference to that, other than giving some warning that they might be coming from a direction that requires flight (again the double bluff may work well here - fire Jetpack and then still run in the groundfloor way :) ).
  15. Hagestol

Which is it? Less options or equal options?
  16. Goretzu

As I have repeatedly said, the latter, the same options for Flanking just without total surprise (as it should be).
  17. Hagestol

So less options then? Since you say we wont have the surprise anymore? Or equal, meaning we'll keep the surprise?

Can't have both.
  18. Stargazer86

And this right here is why you're wrong.

You want the class who can only flank to be equal at flanking to the classes who can do more than just flank.

Apples represent flanking and fighting ability. Oranges represent team utility.

Let's say LA are represented by 5 apples. Other classes are represented by 3 apples and 2 oranges. You want to take 2 apples away from LA. This way, LA have 3 apples and so do all the other classes. They now have equal apples. But the LA now only has 3 pieces of fruit and is lacking in oranges. So they may be equal at fighting and flanking, but LA is now substantially worse in total comparison.

See?
    • Up x 1
  19. SDD

It's the only class that can fly, and that ability is not lost.

The main difference is now you too need to have battlefield awareness, and be mindful of your jet usage if you're going into somewhere you predict enemies may be defending.
  20. Hagestol

So by that logic adding a much louder sound on cloak and decloak wouldn't actually remove anything from the INF class, they'd just need more "battlefield awareness"?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.