Petition against LA nerf present in test server.

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Kyouki, Apr 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bNy_

Thanks for bringing this to my attention, I was about to put 500 certs into my LA but guess that could be spent on better stuff now when they want to make him as useless as the infiltrator class.
  2. TintaBux

You can fly, nuff said.
  3. Wolfwood82

This from someone who wouldn't know balanced if a treat was set on their nose.

Bugs have triggering events and/or are iffy. Jetpack sounds were intended and the only thing that changed were pump action shotguns. This was no bug, stop calling it one.
    This. Make infiltrators better at infiltration. Allow them the use of enemy jump pads, and the ability to go through enemy barrier shields. Make them identifiable as "friendlies" on radar. There are so many things they could have that would be directly related to their role as infiltrators.

I don't want or need the recon tool as an LA, I'd rather have portable lift pads or something team oriented. However giving LA a REK and a cert tree for it sounds like an awesome idea (and I don't play infiltrators).

ZOMG rly!?!?!?!

This is a no **** sherlock moment....
  4. Kyouki

Infiltraitors can do the same thing. Engineers have more suicide runs on sunderers than Light Assault do since c4 cant kill a sunderer alone. To top it off c4 is the most expensive of the 3 explosives. So why is it the only one to despawn upon death? All three take up the same utility slot right? They should be treated equally. If LA jump jets sounds like a real jet pack then I want to scale the Amp station within 1-2 seconds. Not 10 seconds jumping up and waiting for more fuel. Maybe Heavy Shields should be nerfed since we want to nerf our assault classes. I am not one who wants Light Assault to become extinct because they are too good at the only thing they are good at.
    • Up x 1
  5. Goretzu

Well assuming that range is correct (which we have no real way to be sure) it probably is fine. Flanking and everything else is still possible, it is just not possible to do it without alerting anyone at all to the possiblity (as every faction Jetpack sounds the same at the moment).
  6. Goretzu

Again insults just show you have no cogent, cohesive or even rational argument to present against my points. :)

I have said the effective silence was either a bug or unintended or something else has changed their minds, such as the PA Shotguns which combined with silent Jetpacks they may very well (and very sensibly) deem too much, as One Shot Kills with LA mobility AND silence is pretty powerful.

Indeed, and in which case Jetpacks still need to be made louder.
  7. Kyouki

From what I've heard the new JJ can be heard about 50m away. (correct me if I'm wrong) Shouldn't we have proper tool to deal with people 50m away? As of right now SOE has specialized us into CQC monsters with our weapons, carbines, shotguns and smgs. If our weapons are so specialized for cqc shouldn't our ability be viable for cqc as well? Any competent Heavy or Medic can and will look up from time to time and find a Light Assault shooting down on their teammates. When I do play HA or Medic I am usually able to spot the LA on the rooftops and pick them off rather quickly. Spend some time as LA and you learn to counter them because you begin to think like them.
  8. Hagestol

I think you need to look up the definition of flanking - you won't be hitting anyones sides if they know you're coming.
  9. Kyouki

If the quiet JJ were unintended then why was it quiet for Alpha Beta and the Release of the game without any response.
  10. Goretzu

You'd have to ask the Developers that, not me. :)

(it may be the case it wasn't, but is deemed too powerful now, but it seems incredibly strange that Jetpacks were quieter than the cloaking sound on purpose - what reason can you think of for that?)

Of course you can, are you really saying it is impossible to flank without 1) a Jetpack & 2) a silent Jetpack?

If so how is it quite possible to flank someone with any other class?

I agree it won't be as easy, but then that is surely the whole point? :confused:
  11. Farlion

This is beyond stupid. Instead of asking for a buff, Infiltrators want a nerf for LA.
    Why, is beyond me.
    This will make flanking very hard, depending on how bad the sound is. Also the major difference is that you can actually see a LA even if he makes no sound, while you barely see the Infiltrator.
  12. Kyouki

I just tested the sound in the Test Server with the help of a kind sir. Self audio has a big boom but to others the sound is almost constant and very audible up to 30m which I find you lose the grounds to call that CQC. If they toned it down to where 30m is the MAX distance you can hear it very easily (without paying attention to it) then I will not complain.
  13. Hagestol

By that logic, you can infiltrate with a heavy. It isn't easy, but it can be done. Heavy assaults should thus be marked with cowbells so they aren't more silent than infs.

LA is a flanking class, yet the only class which comes with a 65m escalating warning sound when it flanks. Spot the fallacy.

It won't be easy at all to furfill the primary task of the LA, and being INFs wont be any easier. Who wins here?
  14. Goretzu

You can, but LA have many more options, just not all those options are so silent anymore.

In a large gunfight it won't be much different except at very close range, in a quiet area all that is needed is a bit more thought.

It is quite possible to flank without a Jetpack at all, never mind without an effectively silent Jetpack.

I understand you want to keep the LA jetpack as effectively silent, I understand why (because it is VERY POWERFUL like that) I simply disagree that it is needed or balanced to have an effectively silent Jetpack.
    • Up x 1
  15. Goretzu

Audiable up to 30m seems actually quite reasonable to me and actually possibly still quieter than the cloaking sound. :eek:
  16. Hagestol

It makes a lot of noise. A lot. As in multiple tanks blasting eachother. You're saying it is possible to flank without a jetpack, that is true. It is now impossible to flank with a jetpack, giving the flanking class a crap tool for flanking and none of the survivability of the classes they are going up against.

So LA using jets = no longer flanking, just a head on fight with worse weapons and no utility.
    LA not using jets = flanking, as regular classes do it.

Whats the point of the LA again?

Okay, another angle: The LA class isn't overplayed and has no role in ops outside of the odd hunter squad in platoons (plural). What makes the LA so overpowered that they need to have their flanking shattered outside of intense explosive fights?
    Whats the argument for the nerf outside of you thinking flanking with a jetpack is annoying?
  17. Wolfwood82

1. Normally you would be right. However there is, on occasion, the question of whether or not insults really mean that. You repeatedly ignore all cogent, cohesive, or rational argument in favor of stubborn repetition and an arrogant attitude. You do so to the point of frustration. This doesn't make you smarter or better or declare you the victor, it just means you lack the fundamental capacity to understand exactly what you are doing and why it is wrong. Insulting you is wrong, but I'm far from really caring. If you want your opinion to matter to anyone, learn to do more then repeat someone else's arguments over and over. Till then, you will never have anything meaningful to say.
    2. It was intended, it was not a bug, and the only thing that changed was the PA shotguns. So the most logical fix would be the removal of the PA shotguns from the class that becomes overpowered from their use, not a nerf to the fundamental core of the classes primary ability. This is something you seem to have trouble figuring out.
    3. See point 2.
    The problem with this particular nerf is that it's a drastic "fix" for a small problem. The equivalent is chopping off an arm to fix a hangnail.
  18. Goretzu

If a single Jetpack makes more in-game noise than several PS2 MBT constantly firing then that is obviously too loud (although probably more realistic).

However that is not the volumes being reported (ignoring the seeming self-sound bug).
  19. Hagestol

Still not sure what makes this come now. Not like the LA class is overpowered, overrepresented, overscoring or anything over. The only thing that is over the top is this sound.
  20. Goretzu

It is right, we both know it. :)
    I don't know whether it was or not, I have no idea how you think you know either unless you are a member of the Developement team (I certainly can't think of a reason WHY the Devs would think "Yes Jetpacks, we must make them quieter than the stealth/de-stealth sound!" however). If it was PA shotguns however they aren't going to nerf everyone if it is just silent Jetpack are making LA too powerful with them.
    Again I can't see how making Jetpack less than silent is a super-nerf (as you seem put it), unless silent Jetpacks were incredibly powerful in the first place, which then comes back to them really needing to be made louder.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.