Wraith Cloak Review (Best Part of Infiltrator)

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Wrel, Apr 9, 2013.

1. Wrel Developer

Agree, disagree? Let me know what you think.
  2. Ztiller

Wraith = Awesome
  3. Slaidd

So, is the wraith cloak bugged or not? I tried to use it yesterday and it wouldn't activate at all. No cloak meter, nothing. Anyone else seen this happen?

Edit: I figured it out, it's not the wraith cloak that's bugged, it's the whole loadout screen not keeping your settings, or resetting your selections bug. It must have cleared out my selection without me knowing it.

Wow, have I said recently how this game should still be in beta? I don't think I've said it today yet, so there you go.
  4. Dramma Lamma

Its a glitch that's been happening to all vehicle load outs lately.

I did notice it first on the the wraith also hahah.

The bug messes up your load outs and will spawn a vehicle without the utilities etc, even tho it is displayed.

And yes wrel, running people over while cloaked is the single funnest thing in the game.
  5. Mustarde

Yeah it was buggy for me a few days ago, but yesterday the wraith worked just fine for me.

Great video wrel, I've subscribed. I like that you dedicate a good segment of your content towards infiltrator related items. Excellent production quality too! One factoid you taught me in the video is that there is no activation cost for the wraith cloak. Good to know!
  6. Rift23

I love my Wraith. Let's me get behind zergs to snipe and sneak across Esamir when pop is low and NC has 100+ reavers and liberators patrolling outside the warpgate.
  7. OldMaster80

Great video, great module, I have a lot of fun with that.

Wrel wich kind of chassis do you suggest to use for a combat oriented Flash with M40 Fury?
  8. Timeraider

yeah, wondering what Wrel uses.
    I myself use Surger.. 3 reasons .. 1. less chance to flip over. 2. you can easily climb on hills meaning you can cme from places the wont expect. (also its handy when going in from the back of the crown :p) 3. fleeing so you can hide and come back around is alot easier if you run into rocks that the lightning/infantery/heavy tanks etc. cannot follow you onto.

in my opinion unless all you do is drive over people.. the speed chassis usage is simply not enough of a change unless you have a tendency to stop moving .. and the turn chassis.. well.. i tried it but tbh all i found it was doing was making me turn slightly faster but also made the slipping/no-grip part really bad so that you mostly do 360 degree turns instead of 180 :p
  9. Wrel Developer

Using Scrapper 3 on anything I tend to use seriously for combat.

As far as hill climbing goes, any of the chassis will give you about the same experience. It's true that Surger hugs the ground, but it doesn't actually offer any more hill climbing power than the other chassis.

My thoughts on each chassis are here.

And a guide for solo combat from the Flash, is here!
    http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/flash-combat-guide-solo-edition.114885/
    • Up x 2
  10. Get2dachoppa

Any suggestions on a combat weapon for the Flash? I'm looking to do some Wraith carnage and right now only have the Basilisk (was part of some vehicle package I got). I think most people seem to bring up the Fury quite a bit, but what about the Renegade or the other weapons for the Flash? I suppose I can try them out in VR but was hoping to get a few opinions from people who have been using them in actual combat.
  11. Wrel Developer

http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/flash-combat-guide-solo-edition.114885/
    Might help you out.
  12. Astraka

The Fury is amazing, almost too good. It is harder to use at first when compared to the Basilisk or the Kobalt but it is in my opinion a lot better when you get the hang of it. Good AOE damage, good Armor damage, Infantry instant kill on a direct hit, and you can lob it over walls & into windows.
  13. Ronin Oni

Fury + Wraith + Stealth + Scrapper = 1 nasty mofo

add in the fact you can transport a squadie on the back while both cloaked? hooo hoooo
  14. Dragonblood

A moment ago I destroyed 4 vanguards with my fury before it had low hp.....but I admit I got help. :D

Outfits should have wraith squads. XD
  15. drNovikov

I love hunting tanks and sunderers with it. Especially when they are trying to repair.
  16. drNovikov

Fury is the best (also requires the most skill to use), the second best is Basilisk. Cobalt is very accurate against infantry, but does not damage armor. Renegade is just worthless. You can just run people over if you are close enough to fire that gun effectively.
  17. Frosty The Pyro

"dont cloak around allied tanks cus you are probably going to get run over"

What does this have to do with cloaking> I think you ment dont drive around allied tanks.
  18. Astraka

I think it's probably because theoretically it would be harder to see a cloaked Wraith opposed to an uncloaked Wraith.
  19. Dragonblood

Tried the renegade in the VR....what's the point of this gun? You can't do damage against tanks, you have go uplclose and it still doesn't do more damage than the fury.
  20. Timeraider

ok.. nice.. time to start watching :p