Focus Test: Indar - 4/8 @ 5pm PST

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by Malorn, Apr 8, 2013.

1. Malorn

Hello everyone! Our outpost and battle flow changes need some solid testing, and that requires solid players and outfits. We're doing a focus test tonight at 5pm PST (8pm EST). The focus of this test is on the Indar map changes and battle flow. We'd like as many organized outfits in there as we can get, so of you are in or run an outfit please encourage your outfit to play on Test tonight. We'll also have a lot of the dev team playing alongside you and observing.

For information on policies or how to download and install the client please see this thread:
    http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/public-test-server-is-active.114080/

Be sure to patch early! Please use this thread for feedback on tonight's test.
    • Up x 5
  2. LordMondando

Hard for any EU based outfit to run anything organised at 11pm GMT 12 CET.

Appreciate your working within your own constraints, but realistically a lot of the player base willing to help. Will struggle to tonight.
    • Up x 9
  3. Higby Developer

We will be able to do some more EU friendly focus tests during the morning here, don't worry.
    • Up x 15
  4. netsky4life

How can europeans gain access then?
  5. Ronin Oni

I'm sure they'll do other test times... maybe some morning PST times which would work well for EU....

but of course, the server itself is in the usa, and most likely in California... the lag you'll get will be pretty bad.

It's somewhat unfortunate for EU players.... but the point is more for results than providing a service to players, so cost > benefit housing it locally to them is best.
  6. LordMondando

Sunday seems to be most logical day for this from a players point of view.

Developers though..

Lag is fine so far. Its says it location is in the eastern U.S, so like the other servers is VA?
  7. LordMondando

will say this, direct real time messages from developers. Liking that.
    • Up x 5
  8. Ash87

Trying to rouse some people from HSTL to come IG tonight to help with testing.
  9. LordMondando

Lads things jumping out at CWA

Walls on most bases- cool.

bugs
    1) Textures on (at least) sundies, gray/blueing out like the old vanguard texture bug.
    2) Map is a hell of a lot slower to manipulate.
  10. Fotosynthese

Awesome!
  11. UberBonisseur

Hoping the lag isn't too bad for EU

Think you can fill the server with NA only ?
  12. LordMondando

Word from Allatum, caps a smidgen slow. Yes people on all points. Given the spawn mechanics, hard to see what this is bar a long stalemate of doing parkour off the points.
  13. Larington

I appreciate your eagerness to get tests going devs, but we'll need a bit more time to download the client and get setup, myself I'm still only 44% in despite trying to cheat and copy some of the larger files over from my live PS2 install. I hope to be able to make it for future tests but I regret that I'm going to miss this one.
  14. LordMondando

Copying files over doesn't work.
  15. Torok

being an EU player myself, i managed to play withouth any problems & the ping is not bad either! altough i can't ping it with cmd since i don't have the address, my account is not on Prosiebensat, i made mine here (read below) back at launch day, you might wanna make a new one

https://www.soe.com/ make sure to have the website in US language
  16. Larington

So it seems, understandable since at least Indar will be a whole re-download for the changes mentioned by devs.
  17. LordMondando

Well..

One of the things i'm noting about the lattice just from the get go, is whilst its not necessarily harder to defend a point, this is more coming down to the incredibly long cap time than anything else.

So you get to sit there and be zerged for longer. Unless they can think of a mechanic to have roughly equal numbers turn up and fight, see this being a problem. Unless of course a new mechanic for allowing a smaller force to harass a bigger one in a more asymmetric fashion. but broken record, dead horse on that.

Obviously just a hour or so in, so its hard to get a pulse on wider issues.

Performance, though obvious factoring in trans-atlantic lag (also big problem with a critical node outside london atm) is okish. though the map lag is both really bad and noticeable.

Doesn't help server population is half TR atm though. Have to try again another day.

Edit: For the lower than normal (from my perspective) population seemed to engender bigger fights. I worry about it being at Miller prime time levels. hopefully we get that in a stress test soon. Tonight even.
  18. Guia

Couple of issues to quickly report.

1. General responsiveness (and FPS) in the map interface is quite bad.
    2. Allatum Botany Wing
    • Teleporter doesn't work, ownership is never assigned.
    • Vehicle Terminal fails to spawn anything.
    • The spawn point is marked wrongly on the spawn map, its placed north of TI alloys instead.
  19. notyourbuddy

Seems everyone already has pump action shotguns unlocked on the Test Server. This is going to be one interesting night. I even got a nice AV turret waiting for anyone who dares to spawn a vehicle tonight.

Happy Rage Quitting!
  20. LordMondando

Oh yeah, in the Allatum what is now East sat base, I was getting thrown into the air as if by a jump pad, seemingly randomly as I moved from the spawn to the cap point.