Events Are Taking The Fun Out Of The Game.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by CactusLynx, Apr 6, 2013.

1. CactusLynx

Sitting in queue's for 30 minutes, the pressure to perform better, and the frustration when you can't get into the continent or lose because of whatever reason. If there ever was a time i've been burnt out its during these events, i'm just starting to simply not play when they are active.
  2. NoctD

They should just get rid of these silly alerts!
    • Up x 1
  3. Hovis

Yeah the alerts are daft. Let the players decide what is important.
  4. Anubis132

I got to play on Amerish yesterday.

Yay for alerts.

Edit: Maybe they aren't so great on highly populated servers, but on Helios, I think they're great. Our low population means that the continents are never population locked, and Indar is the only continent you ever get to fight on. The alerts let us have nice battles in new places, and owning territory actually means something.
    • Up x 7
  5. Dubious

Alerts will just make the ship sink faster

Would have filled more holes by adding Lattices instead
  6. Edgar Allan Bro

lol at non members!
    • Up x 2
  7. Gavyne

Burnt out having the pressure to perform better? When was the last time you played a FPS game? That's what FPS games are about man, the pressure to perform better, to gogogo because you are tied with another faction in territory and there's only 2 minutes left on the clock. The pressure of rushing to defend that base being flipped so you galaxy drop and try to pull a superman. That's what makes things exciting! What in the world are you people talking about.

Do you really think the game is better having no direction, rolling with a zerg taking bases for no reason, not defending bases because there's no reason to, never hurry to defend a base being flipped because you could just flip it again 10mins later. Talk about boring.
    • Up x 6
  8. Dubious

The game need number and not only % like it is now, for populations (Only for own faction)

and add Sanctuary cause I'm getting tired of 3-way fights all the time
  9. MajorZbug

Maybe it depends on the server. On Miller it makes people play elsewhere than Indar outside prime time. This is just perfect.
    • Up x 3
  10. Chiggerbite

The nice thing about the alerts... you don't have to participate. ;)

If you haven't noticed on Connery.... as a whole, the VS haven't been participating as much as the TR and NC. Granted, that's partly because the alerts tend to be a population contest on Connery, which the VS rarely can win. There's at least a few platoons of both TR and NC that stay on Indar (when the alert isn't there), so there's still plenty of action.

It sounds to me like it's pressure from your outfit and not necessarily pressure from the alerts that's spoiling your fun.

Just a thought....
    • Up x 1
  11. f0d

the alerts/events have made the game MUCH more fun for me
    now there are battles on both amerish and esamir which is great as i was bored of indar/ti/crown/crossroads battles 24/7
    • Up x 4
  12. Dubious

Alerts just a cheap script to fool all you fools
  13. khai

um you do realize there are 2 other continents if you don't want to play in the event just ignore it and take over the other continents since a lot of people cannot get into the event there will be opposition though less then normal also since you get more from the xp bonus then winning who cares if you loose as long as you were in the fighting. Also the fighting is much better and more intense in the alerts then normal play and we are seeing actual tactics developing so far it comes down to simple pin and surround tactics and some minor flanking maneuvers but its more then in the zerg.

Now we just need more types of alerts rather then simply taking the entire continent.
    • Up x 1
  14. Dubious

I think the point is that the other 2 conts is... "EMPTY"..
    Cause everyone is sitting in a queue at a warpgate

When there is no alert, there is fighting for everyone..
  15. Teegeeack

On the contrary, events are adding a sparkle of variety to the game. For the last few days, Amerish on Miller has been more active than Indar, even when the events have ended.
    • Up x 2
  16. Dubious

Who cares
    Indar is the only cont worth fighting over and it is the best cont to fight on
    • Up x 1
  17. EvaJones

I think the idea of Alerts is good, but in implementation it's pretty poor. Every time there's an event, my Outfit either participates and immediately returns to Indar, or we stay on Indar and try to cap it instead. Furthermore, the event highlights the issues in population imbalances and FOTM factions, and exacerbates the issue to the point where it's just not fun to participate.

I hope that this is just the first iteration of the Alert events, and that SOE will continue to work on them. But I'm not holding my breath.
  18. Teegeeack

Give me the Crown or give me death.
  19. ChaosRender

Why would people be sitting at a warpgate by choice during a alert? You don't have to wait there while in que, and you can still fight on the other continents and get the bonus.

Since the server merges I have not seen may good fights, the Alerts are bringing back a few of them.
    • Up x 1
  20. Teegeeack

What's wrong with that?