Why so many players on NC side?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Mambakiller, Apr 6, 2013.

1. Mambakiller

Looks like most ppl play nc, why is that?
    All i hear them is crying about how their faction is bad at this or at that, but in the end of the day, they ahve 50% population on servers... , so why is that?
    • Up x 3
  2. Cab00se187

Because we are the faction that actually plays well together and we kick *** doing it. Wouldn't you rather be on a team where people work together?
    • Up x 2
  3. BeefySleet

This is what NC actually believe.
    • Up x 23
  4. rickampf

The majority of "Pro" players chose NC cause they are the hard faction... and they want a challenger gameplay... the TR/VS are too easy for them. Also... they are the "Space 'Murica" as they said, and are engaging in a crusade for philanthropic corporations who want to be free for spreading your benevolence.
    • Up x 4
  5. BeefySleet

-NC
    -Hard

Pick one.
    • Up x 14
  6. Panssarikauha

Those people who want the most of X, and when they believe one specific faction offers most of that. Currently its the NC and it might be the "perceived" buffs and the utlity and ease of use for the new ESRL. The effectiveness of these, most likely XP hungry "4th Faction" players is fairly limited, so the results speak or themselves. I try not to incourage hate on these players because switching factions is just as valid as loaylty.
  7. Zorro

It is mainly due to ideals and today's society. Most people, including gamers, value freedom over unity or religion. It also goes along with the New Conglomerate's strategic philosophy, quantity over quality.
    • Up x 6
  8. RadiO

Maybe on Helios? FYI, there's more than 1 server.

I chose NC because their weapons supposedly hit harder and had more recoil. I knew I could counter recoil anyway so all in all, it would just be a + for me. Little did I know that differences are so minor I probably should've gone TR.

I think you'll find that is the TR philosophy. :p
    NC is hit hard and fast. ^_^
    • Up x 3
  9. RockHarder

*rolleyes*

If you were not here, all this forum was filled with for two months was constant whining about NC being underpowered. You got your buffs, and the remaining CoD kids flocked to the winning side, just like you see in the last 5 minutes of any multiplayer game that allows unrestricted team switching.
    • Up x 5
  10. ViXeN

Then people should join Vanu on Waterson. We're by far the most organized faction on the server but we still have the smallest pop.
    • Up x 2
  11. Osskscosco

NC and hard? Obvious troll.
    • Up x 5
  12. Scatterblak

Is this a trick question?
  13. Scatterblak

Trouser Dumpling™.
  14. altonyc

Waterson Vanu are best Vanu!

I think the larger NC numbers are simply because they haven't gotten/needed a noticeable nerf. Factions were equal with a bit of Vanu imbalance, magriders got nerfed (that nerf wasn't too bad, but the bugs upon nerfing that made it seem worse made a lot of people jump ship, I think, and they didn't come back once it was fixed). Then there was a lot of TR, and the vehicle splash damage was nerfed (this affected everyone, but hit the prowler harder than the other factions). Add to that the many threads crying "OP ScatterMAX", and it makes perfect sense that people who don't care about lore, philosophies, etc. and only want to win joined NC. Maybe not en masse, but I think that when they got a slight advantage, it snowballed on some servers ("NC have highest pop here, I better join them so I win!").

The above reasons are supposed to address the recent jump in population, not normal reasoning for joining NC (supposedly freedom-fighters, hard-hitting guns, rock music, etc.).
    • Up x 2
  15. Zaik

i know you're not talking about the waterson vanu that were there when I left that ****hole of a server, you could easily take any base in the game from them with gal drops because the only time they could get out of their magriders and scythes was to use sniper rifles unless they outnumbered you 15 to 1.

on topic: we saw this over and over again in beta, when something got nerfed people would flat out abandon a faction entirely because "higby hates them and loves x" even if it was something they didn't use. was hoping to see more leave with the scatmax nerfs and phoenix fixes but realistically not enough people use the max for anything but storming biolabs for it to really matter, and if you got extended mags not a thing changed anyway.
  16. Mambakiller

no, is because nc weaps are OP
    WHAT PART OF MORE DAMAGE IS HARD FOR PPL NOT TO LIKE, WHEN MAKING AN NC ??
    MEANWHILE TR HAS SPREAD BULLETS, AND VANU WATER PISTOLS...
    GG
    • Up x 2
  17. Nyscha

Because the NC is the fourth faction and their infantry weapons haven't been nerfed yet.
  18. Eclipson

Because all new player flock to the freedom fighter, space America theme.
  19. ViXeN

I'm not sure when you were on waterson last but these days we easily compete with the TR and NC even with our tiny population. We won an Indar alert last night when I was on even with TR and NC both pushing our territories. And we almost won another one a little while ago today but TR took it in the last few minutes.
  20. ViXeN

The fourth faction is blood eagle or diamond sword!
    • Up x 1