A Month of Planetside

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by FlameGankin, Mar 31, 2013.

1. Crashsplash

At the end of the day Planetside 2 is not free, it is paid for by and (hopefully) fully funded.

Gloating from free-loaders gets my goat tbh.
    • Up x 2
  2. MadKat

That... Actually does sound easier. xD Thanks!
  3. FlameGankin

Don you are a prince among men
    Accuser I lol'd
    Madkat hope to see you on the field
    Eyeklops bring it we need more things to shoot at as well :p
  4. FlameGankin

Day 5
    Jackhammers hurt, alot. They hurt more when they're damaging you seconds after you're found cover. Today I found myself pinned down on ceryshen by a VS player, WOLFMIMI. I was refilling our bases NTUs when he popped my ANT, luckily i got out in time and opened fire on his Reaver. His rockets got me but revenge is a dish best served by the ground apparently as he crashed not to soon afterwards. I quickly rushed back to the courtyard forgetting to change my loadout from the default one. On even footing we dueled it out using cover, but my suppressive suppressor fire eventually took him out. I knew he'd be back and i was right, apparently it was personal now. He pushed me back to spawn quickly after rocket podding me again. id try and run out and open fire on him while strafing with my Gauss rifle but he'd always two-to-three shot me, usually without looking vaguely in my direction. Now seeing this was a match of shotguns i pulled out my sweeper shotgun to have the edge and after a few deaths i knew his ping held his reaction time back to i could easily get the jump on him. Unfortunately this didn't work. I tried plasma nades but hed hop into spawn room and insta kill me and hop out. Tried punisher spamming frags, same deal. Infiltraitor suit and spear alt fire, no good (Damn darklight :mad:). Eventually the cavalry came, Doctor Whose was back. Unfortunately it wasn't enough to take him out directly. So instead we started thinking with porta- I mean harassers. We snuck out to the courtyard and waited for him, me manning the chaingun. He tried spawning a reaver for the outside terminal but he was shot down by me and the doctor and the good old automated turrets. We decided to get on the defensive this time and drove to tooga (the bio lab next to pinga i forget how to spell it), but he was there first and got the LLU. We hid in the courtyard and waited for him, but Doctor Whose noticed he had dropped so he was probably scouting. After a bit of waiting we decided to move closer and saw him on the radar, but he didn't seem aware of us. Quickly we pounced killing him easily and saving the LLU for now. The doctor tried to save the pulsar but soon Wolf was back with a reaver and we couldn't kill him fast enough. He made it back to pinga with the LLU and we decided to start using our numbers. Whose went back to tooga and capped the LLU while i went to akna to stop the hack that was going on there. I was almost able to do it but he killed me and the cap happened. He went back to tooga to recap the LLU but I had different plans. I hopped into a basilisk and mowed him down moving to quick to be hit, i even saved his pulsar in my locker with 85 extra batteries :)! He got the came back ready for me though and as the idiot i am, didnt move to avoid the rocket coming at me, but i dealt enough damage that Whose took him down with a surpressor from above. Like an idiot i didn't get another Basi and he capped Tooga's LLU again. Around this time i decided to hop off since i was tired as all hell.
    I logged back on later after a good sleep and apparently missed a 10 person fight on amerish, They must be hiding from me or something :p. I met up with madkat and whose and we capped the last base on hossin, once agian putting everything under the conglomerates control. we then decided to mess around in the VR after madkat showed us the PS symbol on ishundar. Someone recapped the base on hossin so me and whose recapped and then we logged off.

Maybe more people will start to resub, it certainly be funny for such an old game. Oh yeah and my first implant, surge, rocks!
  5. Vanu Superiority

Whatever happened to the idea of making PS1 F2P? i know there was talk about it a while ago, and I honestly would at least give it a shot and play it with friends who don't have pcs powerful enough for PS2 (yeah, that's a problem, only one of my friends actually has a pc powerful enough for this game).
  6. FlameGankin

Its been basically made into a maybe at best, we should be getting it around may-june area if the devs keep there word. Also we dont know if itll be microtrans, cometic transaction, added to ps2 membership bonus, or what
  7. Sebastien

You could fill all the roles at the same time in PS1, which was ridiculous.
  8. FlameGankin

If i heard right weren't you limited in the amount of certs you could gain, so you couldn't do that or did this change?
  9. Duff_Chimp

I wonder if these walls of text could protect Westeros from the oncoming invasion of the White Walkers? Seriously make three sentences then break for a paragraph it isn't rocket science. Shame as the OP could of had an interesting point to make, lost in that sea of words. Attempting to read that from a phone is making my eyes bleed.
  10. RaZz0R

Damn it! Reading this is making me want to go sub my PS1 char's!

Cr5 \ BR30 on TR.

I should have a few new year merits as well lol
  11. MadKat

It used to be that way when the BR cap was 20, they raised it to 40 and at BR 40 you get all certs unlocked.
  12. FlameGankin

Sorry ill start trying to break it up lol
  13. DoctorWhose

I feel like this thread will get more people to resub as it progresses :D MadKat was already hit with the nostalgia bat.
  14. FlameGankin

Doctor you discovered my devious plan to beat down every vet with the nostalgia bat :p
  15. Herrick

Do you have a source that confirms this? Having PS1 back with a decent playerbase would be the greatest ever birthday present I could get.
    • Up x 1
  16. Mastachief

Great thread OP it's great to see the old girls impression on a newbie. Only wish you could see it at poplock + half because that's the critical mass it take for the game to show everything off. If it goes free to enhance the planetside2 membership package that would be perfect and i'm sure more people would pop onto it if nothing else to reminisce and have planetside days etc and player that never experienced it would click download to try it out just like you imo that would only serve to help the playerbase steer development for the better.

To the troll in this thread, lots of us that now play this game played the original for 10years at the cost of some where close to and in some cases above $2000. This dedication only served to help SOE build this battlefieldclone that you are playing for free. What a lot of us vets and for that matter new guys then did was to purchase alpha squad in beta $40, 6months sub $70 and $100 of SC all so that this game could have the finances to grow and scrubs like you could play for free. Don't be fool and think this is a free game because it has cost SOE millions to make and has then recouped that cash through the guys that pay either the $200+ guys or the $2.99 guy without us there would be no game without you and your freebie fellows there would simply be less servers.
  17. FlameGankin

"Before June"

Source: John Smedley - https://twitter.com/j_smedley/status/290262604344090624
    Is he still posting? i and hopefully everyone else has did as don said and ignored him.
  18. Sardus

here is what you missed after 9 years. The last ps1 event.

19. DoctorWhose

To be honest I hope it will not be tied into PS2 Membership. I have quite a few people ready to just jump back into the game but they are not ready to support PS2 for it.
  20. Jogido

On the flip side many players would try to make they most "win" builds possible thus resulting in lack of variety on the battlefield. Seeing so many heavy assault weapons was really boring.