[Suggestion] Best Rocket Launcher vs tanks (NC)

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by aXiSS, Apr 5, 2013.

1. aXiSS

I am going to buy a few weapons as NC. I would like to know which rocket launcher is most effective against ground vehicles. Not too worried about air or infantry atm. Thanks in advance!
  2. Roy Teppert

Can't go wrong with the decimator.
  3. Phrygen

phoenix annoys me the most... decimator is also good
  4. Amrok1

Phoenix is the only AV weapon an NC needs for ground targets. Incredible damage and able to be guided to a target. With practice you can dumbfire it just like a decimator. Its drawback is it is limited to 300 meters, which actually helps you focus on the close/higher threat targets, and that while using the camera the user is immobile.
  5. Zaik

don't bother with the decimator, either get the phoenix or use the default.
  6. Gavyne

Phoenix, or engineer AV turret (if you're interested in an engineer).
  7. aXiSS

I actually am interested in the Engi class. Is the AV turret the one that is AI controlled?
    Also, is the Phoenix honestly worth the $7?

Lastly, I have noticed that C4s in this game can be pretty devastating. Is C4 worth it, or is it too situational?

EDIT-I see now that C4 is cert only. Disregard :)
  8. PS2Freak

honestly - no, phoenix is not worth

get Av turret - it IS worth.

[have both]
  9. Barana

Phoenix does Decimator-equivalent damage to vehicles with the advantage of being camera-guided, as well as one-shotting any ESF that decides hovering is a good idea.

So yeah, I'd say get the Phoenix. Engi turret is good but makes you a giant, immobile target.
  10. aXiSS

Is AV turret available as NC? I can't seem to find it.

Nevermind, I found it. Been a long day lol.
  11. TintaBux

Decimator is still deadly and great, infact many of us prefer it more than the Phoenix.
  12. TintaBux

Yes and thats great also.
  13. Amrok1

Yeah, I have the decimator as well. It is a great weapon, but if I had a choice between the two and HAD to choose one over the other, I'd pickthe Phoenix. Can do everything the decimator can do and more, so long as it's within 300 meters. Same damage, better accuracy, greater versatility.
  14. TintaBux

The 300m is a big killer blow though especially as more and more tanks are sitting back now.
  15. Frosty The Pyro

Pheonix is a lot more fun, so I would grab it first. Decimator has a better fire rate and therefore better damage output though.
  16. Amrok1

Which kind of illustrates how effective the Phoenix is.

This is true, though you can get the fire rate pretty close by pressing E right after firing (using the Phoenix as a dumbfire), then it's almost identical. Getting the Phoenix before the decimator is the right choice, you're right about that.
  17. Epic High Five

Don't eject from the missile if you plan on hitting anything. The thing falls so fast that it actually falls backwards if you fire it at a high enough angle.

The Phoenix is the best unless you're stupid accurate with the decimator aka really close aka probably dead. Phoenix is great for shots on target and I've been averaging 25k exp/hr in my Phoenix/SAW loadout. Best of all, nobody can touch you and you can create a "NO VEHICLES ALLOWED" zone for 300 meters. Once you get good you can even one-shot ESFs, but they have to be pretty dumb.

Decimator is great for killing MAXes and is worth it for that reason alone, because we're going to be seeing a lot more of them around.
  18. LGhost1904

The default Shrike is a beast... Whatever you get, stick with it so you can get used to whatever aim adjustment they require at longer ranges. I love the travel distance of the Shrike and it doesn't fall down so quickly as the Decimator does. I can hit targets pretty damn far with it. The damage is pretty damn good too, 2-3 hits on tanks, except for that damn VS glider ****, that thing seems stronger than a Sunderer. 5 hits with the Shrike can take out a Sundy, the reload rate isn't as bad as the Decimator or Pheonix either. I have gotten very used to the Shrike and it is my most accurate weapon with the 2nd most kills behind the default SAW which I use for CQC.

I plan on getting the Pheonix though just for fun as well as the AV Turret...
  19. Reemerge

Tried all the launchers, my favorite would have to be Hawk. The HUGE disadvantage the Phoenix has is that once you shoot, you're out in the open and can't get into cover, which is really the only way to survive infantry vs armor. Its as good as the Shrike but can lock on aircrafts which is always a difficult task as they always seem so close when they're really not, allowing them time to meneuver. It all depends on your play style and the guns you already have, honestly. For instance, if i have a sunder with anti-air guns, i would worry about fighting against ground armor, so i'd get the Crow. You especially want to be able to hit Harrasers from far away if you're defending your spawn point. Phoenix is just too slow and too risky. Decimators only have 4 rounds of fire. Not enough to take out full health armor.