TR/NC need drastic balancing if VS is to regain pop

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Nyscha, Apr 2, 2013.

1. Jaws007

Well I have played all three factions on multiple servers and even unlocked half of the good weapons for all classes on VS. And let me tell you the magrider blows chuncks, Both TR and NC tanks can tear a magrider up no problem with comparable main tank weapons. magrider looses every time (all tanks no armor upgrades). Secondly VS infantry weapons are worst overall, yes no bullet drop but you ever empty half a magizine into a TR/NC just for them to kill you in couple hits with stock weapon when your full health? Third we (VS) have been losing players left and right to the other factions due to bad squad leaders-outfits-and just poor population. I dont even want to play VS anymore cause of this (after spending 140 bucks in station cash) Fourth as far as fighter planes are concerned the scythe is good except the main gun upgrade seems to be UP compared to the other factions.

To sum it up in general, other factions have better equipment and more players.
  2. willowstyle

agree with the poster
  3. Phrygen

VS:

-look stupid
    -bullet damage reduction over distance
    -wear purple

= low pop

on a more serious not, a lot rerolled from VS after the mag got ruined for awhile
  4. NC_agent00kevin

Concerning MBTs:

Though the Magrider had some adjustments, I would still rather fight one in my Lightning than my Vanguard any day of the week. Vanguard is a big slow sitting duck in a 1v1. Whats our ability that balances the slow, terrible handling? A bright blue sign that says 'Im hurt and panicking please dont keep shooting me'

I'll stick with a theory I posted in another thread about who the VS appeal to: a less focused and sometimes younger crowd who do not tend to play any one game for a long period of time. Both my kids picked VS without even knowing what the other chose. They also fit into that category, and I formed this theory before they tried out PS2. Obviously, not every player will fit into a neat little category like that. Couple that with the unappealing nature (at least in my opinon) and this is why you have low populations.
  5. Dingus148

Briggs TR has lowest pop. OP's argument is invalid
  6. Phrygen

any decent Van driver will demolish a lightning.
  7. SolidSnake

So that's all it took, a nerf to your OP as hell tank and all your troops ran home crying? wow. More proof that all the EZ mode kiddies play VS. Take away their toys and they throw a tantrum and run home crying. The only thing I agree with you guys is your launcher needs a buff. That's it. BTW in our server VS is almost always at the same pop level as NC, it's the TR that's almost always 5-10% behind.
  8. NC_agent00kevin

Its not about Vans vs Lightnings...though I wouldnt shy away from fighting one in my Lightning. I regularly 1v1 Maggies with mine, have even killed two Prowlers in the same fight once as well. Perhaps the Vanguard's slow handling just isnt for me; Ive got Rival3 on the Lightning and use it. no, i dont have footage - but its one of the things Im known for in my Outfit - fighting MBTs with a Lightning and winning.
  9. Sultan Pepper

This is a great idea. A change to the VS Max appearance might help too.
  10. Regis7575

All of those criers from the OP as hell tank nerf all ran home crying....to NC and TR
  11. Abize

Not the largest, but near equal with the NC at prime time. Depends on where our (VS) outfits are operating at the time.

That's because they lack any good outfits to lead 'em. The NC have the 41BN and IB and the VS have TROL, N7VD and the VFD as large scale outfits. I haven't come across any large TR outfits that are actually active. Don't get me wrong they have some good outfits, just none on the same scale as what the other factions offer.
  12. MarkAntony

So... NC and TR should get punished because all the kiddies that loved the OP magrider left?
  13. MissTiger

@OP you are just on the wrong server. Here on Helios, this is normal pop:[IMG]
  14. kodaitaNC

Sweet mother of god man. Do you EVER get out of a Prowler? I wondered about that KDR. There is life outside a tank you know.
  15. Jaquio

The initial pop on launch day showed a clear population advantage for NC.

Then, after about a week, the NC numbers plummeted and the VS, a distant third, jumped up considerably in population.

What does this show us?

The NC is, thematically and aesthetically, the most desirable faction. But a lot of people were driven away in the early weeks by the perceived state of being underpowered. (My theory is that NC guns suck when you have no certs, but once you get them certed up, they're very good. No one had their guns certed in the first weeks.)

Now that the NC is no longer seen as underpowered, and, in fact, are seen by many as overpowered, all those people who initially wanted to play NC but rolled as Vanu because they thought NC was too hard have flocked back.

Why do we need to know this?

For whatever reason, people just aren't drawn to the VS. They look ridiculous and act like a cult. NC has Space 'Murica freedums, and TR looks rad. VS? Meh.

So in order to get VS numbers up to 33%, the devs are going to have to give them something fun and flashy.
    • Up x 2
  16. LordMondando

This guy gets it.

you actually play with as a comparison, or compare the relative abilities of VS forces to NC or TR, its not hard to see the issue in not in their equipment its in their aethetics.
  17. SgtBreastroker

Because one server out of nine clearly validates a point.

Next.
  18. LordMondando

Thats just a bad/faulty inference.
  19. Pac1

There are many large TR outfits on Briggs, I don't know how active they are though: http://www.planetside-universe.com/outfit_leaderboard.php?server=Briggs&members=192. If the problem indeed is lack of large outfits how can that be fixed if TR already has lowest pop?
  20. SgtBreastroker

The question would be what will SoE actually balance? Vanu are fine at the current moment in terms of balance. If they restored the Magrider to its original glory it won't equalize the populations.

If they were open to suggestions I would ask for an entirely different pistol. That damn thing is a pea shooter compared to the other two faction pistols.