Updated activity and ESRL stats

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by CupBoy, Apr 2, 2013.

1. Clonecenter-resident

But are still last in score per hour, the only thing that really matters to 90% of the people that play the game.
  2. Naehloseht

Or it is still a flaming piece of camel crap, compared to AV Mana turrets, Hades, and the other lock on launcher... just saiyan. Its competition outshines it in every aspect but bulletspeed, which is easily compensated for. No real good things about it in my opinion.
    • Up x 1
  3. St0mpy

Then stop shooting infantry. Or notice the lesser amount of phoenix users and think hmm, could be thats why theres slightly less score?

We cant roll up scores like that and call it equal, 1 inf kill is worth a lot less than 1 vehicle kill so of course they make more score per kill. If you want to be able to point that small percentage points less score per hour to prop up the fact the Phoenix is OP then ask SOE to increase the xp value of a freshly spawned grunt vs a tank lib or esf.
  4. Baarszcz

Because it was, that's why it got buffed and what a surprise! Now it donesnt't look like a bad joke. Please don't dare to say that you were right because i saw in crowd shouting how prepatched lancer is fine and bla bla bla while stats were clearly showing that something was definitely wrong with this ESRL.
  5. Copasetic

I'm sure some people still think that yes. The rest have actually unlocked it and seem to be doing pretty well with it, even better than the Striker according to the statistics.
  6. Rusky

So you're saying that while both Strikers and Lancers are BETTER, you are bothere the Phoenix scores more final hits while being WORSE OVERALL.
    The Phoenix is not OP, you are just another whiner.
    • Up x 2
  7. Lelouch

Seems like Phoenix still far ahead others in what matter the most
  8. Rusky

K/D ? Good to know your priorities right ?
    • Up x 2
  9. Naehloseht

"There are lies, damned lies, and then statistics!"
    • Up x 1
  10. St0mpy

No they arent better, youre wrong.
  11. Tobax

That and the phoenix can't hit aircraft which gives instant exp, but the lancer and striker can.
  12. HadesR

I think from my own experience you might find most of those " kills " are the actual vehicle driver's rather than Infantry. The Phoenix is a very good anti - bail , anti - repair weapon.
    MBT trying to drive off behind rocks to repair = Boom = MBT + Driver
    MBT Driver trying to repair his damaged tank = Boom = MBT blows taking the Engi with it
  13. St0mpy

Lets see;

Phoenix 1676 users gaining 17,494 XP
    Striker 1806 users gaining 18,223 XP

Thats 8% less Phoenix users but youre only scoring 5% less in XP?

anyway 5% less is nothing, stop shooting infantry youd make that up in a heartbeat
  14. Apis

Cool numbers- thanks OP.

1. I refuse to believe that players are more preferential towards NC and not VS simply because VS are purple. Developer sloppiness with balance mistakes have created a perception that the devs will give advantages to NC more often than VS (or TR but especially VS). Why would players want to join a faction the devs regularly turn a cold shoulder to? Why is there only one faction in which the devs have justified as allowed to have high damage weapons? Why not give all factions high damage weapons in different areas? Whether balance issues are true or not- the VS is perceived as the devs ugly stepchild and players do not want the un-fun gameplay experience of playing a disadvantaged faction.

2. The lancer is pretty good now and I think it's balanced. The only thing I find weird about ESL's is that the phoenix seems to be used more for killing infantry than armor. I think its strange that the developers thought it was obvious that the lancer shouldn't be able to snipe infantry but it is OK that the phoenix can.
    • Up x 3
  15. HadesR

If going by % of user's then you should really be complaining the lancer is OP not the Phoenix .. Ijs
  16. JackOfClubs

I don't think you understand how averages work.
    • Up x 2
  17. CupBoy

That's not an argument.
    • Up x 2
  18. CupBoy

You need to go back to school.
    • Up x 2
  19. Naehloseht

You're right, its a quotation by a very famous and well respected author.
    • Up x 1
  20. Gavyne

Thanks for posting the stats, it's always interesting to see them. If one thing we can learn from the stats it's that infantry vs infantry seems fairly balanced between 3 factions. The only thing throwing balance off, which we all knew already, are these dumb empire specific rocket launchers.