GU06 Info and Feature Preview

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Higby, Apr 1, 2013.

1. Polskija

This is good news indeed. I'd fight for even less than 3k, as long as there is a mission with any reward what so ever!
    • Up x 1
  2. NovaAustralis

Yeah, and given that Esamir and Amerish have as many hexes combined as Indar, they should be worth half.
    For example:
    5000XP for Amerish cont cap and 5000XP for Esamir cont cap, 10,000XP for Indar cap, because it's that much harder to do.

The ribbons will be a great indicator of play style and skill...
    For example:
    10+ ribbons for sniper headshots = great Infil sniper.
    15+ ribbons for Revives = great medic.
    20+ ribbons for pod kills = scrub pilot.
  3. Captain Courage

I'd like to add to the list : resist shield upgrades not working, for months
    • Up x 3
  4. RomulusX

Anything in regards to the shotgun balance/NC Max balance?
  5. don

Where are the important metagame-, balance- and bugfixes and improvments? Please stop all those game ruining touches of creativity and nonsense!
    • Up x 1
  6. XRIST0

7. Hpool aka BigNutz

You mean the Metagame that was added months after release? Lattice system, NTU etc etc etc
  8. elkikko92

I also want a new metagame, but this alert system is a temporary step to ensure a balanced population in all continents (especially the beautifull AMERISH).

The first step for a new metagame is "BATTLE FLOW IMPROVEMENTS" !

-My question is if will they include a priority system in each territory to encourage fights in underutilized areas (based on spread population)!
  9. Bucketnate

well then its good that they are introducing some bug fixes in the update. We'll find out which ones when the notes come out
    • Up x 2
  10. Ranik

I was thinking more along the lines of a cert system which didn't cater to Children from BF3, wherein you could only have so many items unlocked at any given time.

You know, the single biggest **** up the Devs made for PS2 which has them constantly screwing up someones gameplay in order to desperately attempt balance while still not addressing the actual problem?

In PS1 from the get go without lattice, it was still a better game than what we have now.
  11. McFly

suggestion: life?
  12. NoblesseOblige

Bugfixes:
    I can see it now: TR CoF was less than it should be. This has been fixed.
    VS was actually useful in some situations, such as a bug where their projectiles would actually hit. This has been amended.
  13. schwarzklang

Hmm no Update on the Account Unlocks? :(

Btw extra slots for Members? Who will use them anyway and what will happen if the membership expires?
  14. HadesR

As far as continent lock Alert's go Imo you should remove the dominate victory .. It's just gives an unfair advantage to the faction that is already dominating most of the map.
    It's should be purely be based on a time limit and only end when that does.

XP should be increased to 1% = 100xp .. That is for every 1% of the map a faction own's at the end of the time limit they receive 100xp.

Ie: TR own 48% of Indar, VS own 22% and NC 30% .. That would break down as 4800xp, 2200xp and 3000 respectively
    • Up x 1
  15. Badname2490

3k xp to cap a continent...doesn't really seem worth it to me.

I'm sure the continent ghost cappers will love it.
    • Up x 1
  16. PhilDun

Please fix Parallax/RAMs/Longshot. They do not one-hit-headshot at range against players wearing nanoweave. This was not always the case. Prior to GU2, Parallax would 1-hit-headshot players with nanoweave. After that update, and with no documented change, the rifle no longer performs this function. This bug has been around for a while, and it is 100% repeatable. There's a YouTube video (see below) providing proof. I say it's a bug because online documenation indicates that these rifles are, in fact, suppposed to one-hit-headshot. See here.

This is a huge issue for Infiltrators, since a substantial number of players use Nanoweave. I've had instances where half a dozen headshots in a row yielded not one kill. It's why Infiltrators are borderline useless against Engineers. Or NC's spamming Phoenixes. As soon as you get a headshot, they run off, have a medic heal them, and are back in the battle very shortly. Meanwhile, the Infiltrator gets no reward for his perfectly-placed shot.

Here is a video documenting this.

You may have noticed a very large thread on the front page describing this issue. http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/...t-headshot-players-w-nanoweave.100458/page-16
  17. RIctavius

You realize it's an incentive for non member/casual gamers.
  18. Gavyne

I don't think people quite get the 3,000 xp for system alert thing. Don't look at the number, but look at what the system is designed to do. It's designed to start an event that hopefully, would draw people from all 3 faction to fight over something. The fact that it draws people together would mean good cert gains already. It gives people a direction, something to fight for, a common goal.

So really, the ending "bonus" exp is just a bonus. You will get good cert gains by just going to where the event is happening and fighting over something that all 3 factions will be fighting over. It's like you already know you are going to get good exp by fighting over bio labs. But with this alert system, it'll tell you when to go to the bio labs, and you'll know at the end of the fight, you'll get a set amount of exp on top of what you would get fighting over it in the first place.

If there's one thing we learned from the first Planetside 2 esport event, aside from all the bad things that happened, is that people do like being told what to do and where to fight. So now they've built that into the system. I wouldn't mind the devs working a bit harder and implement a bit more realistic goals than global conquest. Most servers will not be able to achieve that.
    • Up x 3
  19. doombro

I'm more concerned with the battle flow improvements. When can we expect those?
    • Up x 1
  20. ArcKnight

what about bug fixes and battle flow improvements

I can't stand the tank shaking bug
    • Up x 2