Daily reminder that the 90% of the weapons of PS2 are overpriced

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Trucky, Apr 1, 2013.

1. Trucky

''B-b-b-but you can farm certs for items." yeah for 60 hours a gun of straight play.

'''B-bbut look at this picture with me gaining all the certs'' Oh yeah with 50% exp bonus plus 50% member sub plus another 50% for unknown p2w reasons

''BU-BBUT IS FREE TO PLAY'' that doesnt mean is balanced.

Now in a serious manner, prices of the weapons need to be reworked. Maybe after a time the weapons that are old enough could get a discount since they arent brand new anymore or maybe after getting aurixium level in a weapon you could get a special discount in a random weapon of the same type, the prices of cert really need a rework.
    • Up x 22
  2. CletusMcGuilly

No. It's a free to play game. SOE has to make money. Deal with it.
    • Up x 22
  3. Trucky

Here we go with the soe drones.
    [IMG]
    • Up x 10
  4. BigMacDeez

Word.
  5. Gruntilda

$7 for a bunch of pixels with crappy quality textures that look the same as all the other guns is definate overkill I agree

People little Bobby wants to win, and Mommy wants to shut him up with her credit card

[IMG]
    • Up x 52
  6. Trucky

Nice and informative post comming from you, you surely could communicate and express your opinion in a proper way to have a real discussion about the balance and gameplay of the game, once again we have been enlightenment by post like the last few ones.
  7. Joshinya42

Ok so please lets help SOE to make less money so this game can be more underworked and they can optimize slower and game life will not be as long. When WoW and other MMOs are still chargin 15 a month to play a theme park, but you only have to pay 7-21 dollars right off the bat for the guns you find work best for you after trialing then you are set, I don't know what your ****** problem is.

Whiners gonna whine

b-b-b-but SOE is part of a mega corporation making too much money!

. . . . . . . . . . . . .
    • Up x 5
  8. Fiatsu

That's why you buy 1 and only 1 gun FTW
    • Up x 1
  9. Joshinya42

What does that have to do with weapon prices?
    • Up x 1
  10. CletusMcGuilly

You do understand that we literally just had a 2x cert/sc weekend right? Stop ********.
    • Up x 1
  11. Tobax

What's funny Is that I recall paying for Guild Wars 2 last year (so it had a box price, not free) and then you could buy 50% exp bonuses which only lasted 1 hour and cost freaking £7, that was by far the biggest rip off I'd ever seen.
    • Up x 2
  12. Trucky

• Up x 2
  13. Trucky

That doesnt mean anything, that's not a long place solution for a game like this. You need to also calm down before posting. Please keep it civil.

I dont really have experience in that game, but that sounds pretty bad and a fraud.
  14. Gruntilda

Here are the VS guns being in charge of variety

[IMG]
    Thank you for the butts T-Ray, but the rest of the game has lackluster art
    • Up x 7
  15. Trucky

Looking at this pic, you can actually have the equinox for free, you can press b with your solstice and have the equinox. That pistol, i dont really have a complain about pistols so i cant make a veredict over the manticore. Abou the infiltrator weapons, they seem to be cheap, but i have tried them and the only one that sems to be worth it is the parallax. Not speaking about the TR weapons that look exactly the same with no exaggeration.
  16. Astealoth

i agree with OP on some levels

i certainly don't mind the microtransaction aspect of PS2, but the pricing model feels so off. i really don't think the upper tier prices should be 700 sc. 700 is such a senseless number, it doesn't add up with any of the amounts of funds they sell. 500 is a fair number for the top tier items.
    • Up x 1
  17. MiZrY

If you don't like a businesses pricing policies/plans, don't do business with them.

Whining about it just makes you sound pathetic
  18. MarlboroMan-E

You know what you should do if you don't like it? Not play. And not post. Definitely not post.
    • Up x 7
  19. Trucky

Nice suggestion, but i'm rather to find an ACTUAL solution to a problem than doing anything.

This is not about whining but about the balance of the game, it's affecting and limitating the people way to much.
    • Up x 2
  20. NoblesseOblige

Yeah, guys. Stop being so entitled. If guns didn't cost 700SC, how would they make you buy 15 dollars worth for a gun and camo?
    As always, it's Microsoft's fault.
    Superior OpenGL being shafted while DirectX is shilled? Microsoft.
    Careful "micro"transactions designed solely to get the most money that people don't want to spent but have no choice? Microsoft.
    Developers eschewing proper optimizations techniques to actually utilize the hardware of the systems their software runs on? Yup, you guessed it. Microsoft.
    • Up x 2