[Video] The Lancer doesn't suck, even when using it solo.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Hoffburger, Mar 30, 2013.

1. Hoffburger

• Up x 12
  2. ROMNEYTRON

You're using it correctly?

Hacker.
    • Up x 1
  3. Edgar Allan Bro

4. AnotherNoob

Now I kinda wish I had either of the other ESRL's, rather then the annihilator 2.0 :(
    • Up x 4
  5. Aquilae

then why'd you post a video that consists primarily of it being used in groups?
    • Up x 3
  6. CHC999

Still think it could do with a damage buff. If no damage buff then at least give Lancer certable zoom scope attachments.
  7. Shockwave44

lol OP's title says he's using it solo yet, in every scene, he's with a platoon. Troll harder.
    • Up x 1
  8. CommodoreFrank

Nice video, OP. I just can't grasp why people think that a rocket with no drop going at 800 m/s could possibly be useless. It fits a niche that no other weapon can, even if it does have a very specific play style. It's the next thing I'm saving for on my VS character.
    • Up x 3
  9. QuakerOatsMan

By solo, he means he's pretty much the only one in the groups using the lancer, while everyone else is using something else. The odds are going to be against you if you're an infantry against a tank solo anyway.
    What I see from the video is a launcher that performs just as well—if not far better—than the other ESRLs when used properly and even in the same situations/conditions.

Nice video by the way, great for showing those who complain about the lancer that they're wrong.

Just like how you use a lancer solo against an air squad/platoon, trying to scratch a galaxy in your videos while showing how effective the striker is in groups. And you even dare call your video a "review."
    Is this video not enough evidence for you as a strong gun? I thought you were asking for a video proving how well the lancer can perform. Troll harder.
    • Up x 3
  10. Aquilae

yep, and again, the video is mostly groups of people using the lancer. watch and look.
  11. Eclipson

Its a good rocket, but people are comparing its stats wrong. They compare damage, but this weapons stong suit is its extremely fast bullet velocity. You can't avoid it. If they gave it to much damage, it would be OP. I think it could use a faster reload time though, to up the TTK slightly. The reload time seems a bit slow for a vanu weapon.
    • Up x 2
  12. Maljas23

Lol, people who still think the Lancer sucks have not tried it for more than 10 minutes. This thing is a monster now.

And yes, even for solo play.
    • Up x 1
  13. Hoffburger

Do people actually expect to be able to play this game by going to a base all by themselves and taking it? I wasn't running with my Outfit, nor in a Platoon, I was simply following the uncoordinated masses.

I also didn't show all of the assists I got, nor did I show all the tanks/ESFs that I forced to run away to repair.

This thing is amazing if you use it correctly. It reaches out and touches things that the other rocket launchers can't even dream of hitting.
    • Up x 3
  14. Maljas23

Yeah, I don't know why some people posting in this thread are complaining about you not soloing a base.
  15. Shockwave44

Wrong again, I had 5 other guys shooting with the lancer. I thought you could count.

Yeah, it was my experience with the weapon. Got a problem with that?

If you think kill stealing is what the lancer is for, which is what the OP did most of the time or just plinked the sides of aircraft to get xp then sure. He also did it during double XP weekend with 100% XP boost. Of course its going to look like the lancer is good. This video is a montage so he didn't show every scenario where it didn't perform but sheep can't think for themselves.

Your points are invalid.
  16. Kireles

Since the last patch I've been loving my Lancer, the damage doesn't need increasing. In my opinion it feels pretty good as it is now: anything under 150m you're better off with the S1, which is fine, it means it's a choice not a flat out upgrade but definitely not a down-grade now.
    • Up x 1
  17. QuakerOatsMan

"Even solo" he says—that means even in the case that he is solo. If that's a mistake from his part, then fine. The lancer in that video performs at least as well as any other launcher in the same situation in terms of damage. It's not like you're guaranteed/likely to win against a tank 1v1 as an infantry with anything a HA can use besides C4 (if you can sneaky up on one). Otherwise, you seem to imply that the lancer is only useful in groups, and that is far from fact.

I did not mention the experience he was getting. Stop assuming that I think getting large amounts of experience is what makes a weapon look good. Have you even compared his video to your video's striker section? He's hitting shot after shot, taking each tank or aircraft down with large chunks of health missing, not "plinking" them. You're only getting assists with your striker while taking down half-health tanks with a platoon. What's the difference in your eyes?

And no. You were the only one shooting at that galaxy. The only time I saw another lancer was the footage of the tech plant. If your "group" wasn't able to down that galaxy, then that only makes your group look bad. Also notice that this is a video including both tanks and air, with clear skill, while yours only showed you heavily missing targets that you clearly could not hit. I'll just be plain honest here, and I've been holding back since first seeing your video, and I know the discussion section isn't for "trashtalking," but here's honesty: based your video, you just plain suck at leading. You don't know where to fight to make the lancer most effective, you don't know when to use it or how to charge it most effectively. You don't know the lancer at all. That's your experience.
    If you really hate the lancer so much, stop using it. Otherwise, you're an attention ***** wanting people to respond to your crying just because a weapon doesn't suit your playstyle. At this point no one's going to take you seriously anymore—very much including me. Say goodbye to your credibility.
    By the way, where's your "lancer against tanks" video that you said you were going to make? This guy made one with tanks and air, in which he dominated both. You said you wanted a video showing lancer domination, and here it is.

All you want is for the lancer to one-shot everything, right? Clearly you would be a very good dev with clear insight into how the balance works.
    You're not worth wasting my time on, especially since you're just going to make up half-***** points to "defend" yourself. Time to ignore this troll.
    • Up x 2
  18. Maljas23

You people need to realize that the strength of the Lancer is not its dmg(though it is decent), but its speed and range. As with everything, the Lancer is more powerful when used in groups, but that doesn't mean it isn't worth using when among the zerg. It doesn't need anymore buffs, and it does not require any nerfs. Imo, this thing is balanced perfectly now.

I would trade my Striker for this thing without a single doubt in my mind.
  19. Hoffburger

I'm so confused, are people really this ignorant? If you watch the video carefully you can see that I am making shots and doing significant damage in situations where other rocket launchers simply cannot even hit the enemy. Now multiply what I am doing by 5-6, or hell, a full squad, and you get some scary scary armor/air killing potential.
    • Up x 6
  20. Shockwave44

That can be said for the beamer too. Saying something works better in groups doesn't fly.