I want my SC back!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by PBRStreetgang, Mar 29, 2013.

1. PBRStreetgang

I am sick of SOE putting a product out with attractive abilities that look functional and usefull which compells players to spend SC to purchase them. Then for various reasons they remove the abilities and make the item far less functional or even useless and could not care less about their consumers because they already have the cash.
    I realize it would be hard to get my $ back but at the very least you should give players who have purchased an item that is changed an option for a short time to get their SC back if they used it to buy it or their Certs back if they used those.
    If a refund is not offered it is starting to look like the MO of SOE is to produce OP items so that they sell well and then nerf them after their popularity and the associated cash flow die down.:mad:
  2. Vapid

The moment you clicked "agree" you gave up all your rights as a consumer for a service. They can change **** whenever and as often as they want, despite what they "sell" it as initially to get people to buy it. It's underhanded, deceitful, but legal. My best advice? Wait a month before you buy ANYTHING new.

Edit: I'm not 100% certain of this, but I'd bet money they don't playtest this sh*t before they toss it out to us. Or they just do it on purpose to bring in more revenue.
    • Up x 5
  3. OgreMarkX

You won't get it back, but you don't have to spend anymore.
    • Up x 3
  4. LibertyRevolution

Starting to? lol, you new here? This is totally the business model.

To be expected with any weapon you buy or cert.
  5. IronWarrior

Don't be upset that you abused a weapon system that was meant to be used against vehicles but used it against infantry instead.
    • Up x 3
  6. PBRStreetgang

i would put money on the second option, i can just see the sleazy management type trying to get as much money as he can out of his little computer nerds and demanding more features so they are more likely to get the cash out of the wallets, knowing they will be nerfed soon and not caring. He will probably kick a few kittens on his way home too.
    • Up x 1
  7. PBRStreetgang

How is using the only useful feature of a weapon abusing it?
    • Up x 1
  8. Barana

You know, you could try using it for its intended purpose as an AV weapon. Give it a shot, I guarantee you'll make a hell of a lot more certs killing MBTs and Sundies than you would sniping infantry one at a time. Especially right now (double xp), MBTs get you 2k experience each, before the killstreak bonuses.
    • Up x 4
  9. IronWarrior

I already told you why, because it was intended to be used against vehicles, not against infantry.

Let's say for example, if the TR's Striker was able to lock-on to infantry when it's clearly a anti-vehicle weapon, there be so much tears shed it would supply South Africa with fresh water to last them years.
    • Up x 2
  10. Vapid

If you think that is the only useful feature of the phoenix, then you need to go play for another faction because the NC doesn't want you.
  11. Root

It was a camera guided missile that one shotted infantry. I kept my opinion to myself on it, but it was a camera guided missile that one shotted infantry. If you can't see the potential in a guided missile that wrecks vehicles, I'm sorry, but to argue logic here is to imply that there is any. It was a camera guided missile that one shotted infantry.
    • Up x 1
  12. Jaes

You're kidding me right? Where at all did SOE EVER post about the Phoenix being used as a sniper rifle against infantry? Sounds like you're just crying because you can't get easy kills with a weapon system that seriously needed to be fixed. Phoenix is ******* awesome at stopping vehicles especially if you're working in groups like the TR does with the Striker. Get off my beloved NC please, no one wants you here.
  13. Phrygen

don't buy op stuff the first week of release then.

If you got the SC back, i would want your account rolled back and all the kills you got with it removed.
    • Up x 1
  14. siiix

if you paid with a credit card you can report the charge as a type of fraud (you have a range of choices)

if you live in the EU the LAW over writes the terms and conditions and no mater what, you have 30 days money back warranty , then contact CS and request a refund

BOTH ways your account will be probably closed, and all character data erased
  15. Phrygen

seems like it takes 3 to kill a prowler from the front...
  16. Jaes

Your magriders are ridiculously squishy for some reason then.

I wish. I'd have tons of Prowler kills if that were true.
  17. PBRStreetgang

The camera lock-on is a hindrance as much as it is a benefit. You have to stand still while the rocket is in flight and leaves a trail that points to the launchers position, the rocket is also very slow. I have used it against Vehicles and found it damage to be small, still needing multiple rockets to to take down enemy vehicles as other rockets do, the other rockets however do not require you to stand still while firing them so you have a much better chance of being there to actually launch the second or third rocket.
    As to the rocket needing to be fired against other vehicles, i have seen nothing to state that that was the case. That was a requirement of the other factions weapon which also has a much longer range , the ability to lock on with fire and forget targeting, and a much faster missile to compensate for it.
  18. Hetzau

While I agree with you OP, I have to tell you that, unfortunately, online purchases aren't like real life retailers. If they were, and if the customer was truly "always right" on the internet...well, let's just say that SOE wouldn't even exist.

Taking this from more than 3 years of experience in retail, if SOE pulled what they're doing now with these changes in real life, half of the company would be in court getting sued over pretty much everything, and other half of them would quit because customers threatened them. Fortunately for them, they have a nifty contract you signed in which you pretty much gave up your soul.
    • Up x 2
  19. Root

I think anyone who reasonably understands this game understood that it was only a matter of time before Phoenix would no longer OHK infantry. I personally, as I said kept my opinion to myself. Couple of reasons, first, I'm not one to run to the forums and argue for changes, I figure out how to work around the problem. The Phoenix has a weak incoming warning system, couldn't really hear it, but if you're aware of it, you could see it and shoot it down. I saw a lot of statements that you couldn't, I could, perhaps others in fact couldn't. Luckily for me I could spam a few shots at it, ADADADAD, it wasn't hard. I died to it once, total.

Rarely do I begin a sentence this way, let alone a paragraph. BUT, to a degree gaming has to balance the extreme with the least common denominator. That's not to refer to myself as the extreme, far from it, closer to middle of the road. SOE wants to make money, and the hardcore badass want people to inflate their egos. It works for very very few to let a weapon imbalance so frustrating to the LCD stagnate, but I digress. The more important point is that it's an AT weapon, and the equivalents given to the TR/VS have no such impact against infantry. VS's does laughable damage to infantry, TR's can't even fire at it. Silent boom death from some guy behind a tree somewhere isn't fun. It was only a matter of time.
  20. Jaes

I've hit damaged and burning vehicles at impossible to reach angles for other launchers. THAT is was the Phoenix does. The trade off is it makes you vulnerable if you use it stupidly, it can be shot down, and it's slow to the point that it's not a highly effective Air to Ground missile that'll replace systems like the Crow or Annihilator. You sound like you're standing out in an open field and firing it off outside of cover since you seem to be complaining about it's cons that you can more than compensate for and I still don't understand what your problem with the launcher is. It is working exactly as it is intended to work.