These forums are poison

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Pat Cleburne, Mar 29, 2013.

1. Pat Cleburne

This community is terrible for the most part. I gotta get off these forums before I'm become so jaded that I hate this game.

Sooo, here is to everyone.
    • Up x 4
  2. DJPenguin

the more competitive the game, the worse the community. always has been, always will be.
    • Up x 2
  3. BlueSkies

embrace the forum pvp (hey, at least you can't get OHK!) ;)
  4. Gustavo M

Official forums Is like... a mini-game to the actual game. But instead of playing with the game elements...we play with other people's feelings.
    • Up x 3
  5. windexglow

They aren't terrible-terrible, but too many crowd in on making fun of someone.
  6. sustainedfire

You expect a completely PVP, 3 faction "asymetrically" balanced game forum to be a hand holding hippy love fest?
    • Up x 2
  7. SinerAthin

I've heard rumors about the DOTA community.

Rumors that would make the PS2 community sound like happy fanville in comparison.
    • Up x 1
  8. Eugenitor

That makes this what, your second ragequit in two days?
    • Up x 1
  9. Lucidius134

Terrible community for a terrible game.

My frustration and forum frequenting only occurs because of the game its self.
  10. RichardDunn

The sad thing is that SoE actually reads the forum and makes changes to their game based on the loud minority. I bet most people never expected a Nixon reference on this forum.
  11. itzCujo666

I agree, the SOE forum is generally full of poison and dwellers.

In game, the outfit is sanctuary. Sometimes, allied outfits.

On the server I play (Woodman), even "non-affiliated" but same faction outfits can also be jerks.

Every time I come to the forums, I regret leaving the game to do so.

It took me many months, but I now understand why twigby and co. prefer twitter and redditside to their own forums.

I guess it happens with PvP competitive games...I mean, we are trying to kill each other, so what's a few poisonous a$$hat comments from bu77hurt dwellers in that context?
  12. Eugenitor

It's funny, because for some competitive communities, it's not like that at all. Quake Live, for example, has its fair share of "F YOU" and "BULL", but there's an equal amount of "nice shot", "good game", etc. Then again, that's Quake, where every player has access to the same weapons and starts off fundamentally the same. There's no variety of loadouts or characters, so there's no way for people to complain about OP weapons without having the option to pick the weapon up themselves.
  13. Lucidius134

only way you can play the game without getting 2 fps
    • Up x 1
  14. Drippyskippy

That's only because you haven't gone toe to toe with me. I'll show you how to OHK people on the forums like a boss. Intelligence and argumentative experience come into play.
    • Up x 1
  15. Ash87

Seriously.

I reach forumside saturation and have to take a cooldown period.

It's usually around the time I forgo being constructive and just start calling people morons.
    • Up x 1
  16. PS2Freak

thinking about the same, cant hear no more TR victim tears and other QQ. [not meant about you, but others]
    • Up x 1
  17. Drippyskippy

Its ARTS (Action Real Time Strategy - Dota 2) and MOBA (Multiplayer Online Battle Arena - League of Legends), in general those types of games have pretty toxic communities. But it has a lot to do with PUG's (Pick Up Groups) and the amount of teamwork needed to win matches. If you queue up with randoms your liable to get trolls, bad players, a-holes and players who overall act like children. Problem is, you rely on those type of people to win games because it is a team game.

I use to play LoL and currently play Dota 2. People claim one community is worse than the other, but the facts are their equally toxic.
  18. Vashyo

Once we get MLG

• Up x 1
  19. jm20

Fair weather players such as yourself are a resource this forum could not do without. I'm clicking subscribe in anticipation your next thread will be "I'm quitting this f*** game"
  20. SinerAthin

Heh, I think most of my rage in PS2 comes from placing too much faith in pugs.

"WHY DIDN'T ANYONE COVER THE BACK DOOR :mad: ?" and similar xD
    • Up x 1