Downtime on a public holiday??????

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Mesdupkilr, Mar 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kadney

Since you can't please everyone due to the timezones and one continent will be fed up anyways, that would be the best way. Since they have redistributors here in europe, just let everyone patch around midnight. Decentral server management and updates.. Or maybe they are afraid of ******* up a patch, sending it to lets say australia and those guys would have to wait half a day to get some fix.. mmh.. no matter what you do, nobody could be pleased by 100%. Yeah, it sucks to have a downtime at 2 pm right now, sadly there isn't much I can do about it. Just do something else. :)
  2. footjam

I live in Hungary and I have my life vest ready for the flood of tears that is sweeping through Europe.
    • Up x 1
  3. CHDT65

Funny, I've often noticed that non-religious ones can sometimes be as "zelotist" in their own way like hardcore religious ones !
    A Vanu thing perhaps ? ;-)
    • Up x 2
  4. Ironside

i'm from the UK and an atheist, i'll take the bank holidays though ;)
    • Up x 4
  5. Lollerstakes

This is why nobody likes you, America.
    • Up x 5
  6. {joer

While I enjoy screwing over Europeans, this isn't a good timing from a US perspective either as many do have the day off.
  7. footjam

I find that people who comment about the passion of someone's choice of life are usually the same people who can't make their own decisions.
  8. Pemtaphalon

One thought on the whole micro managed patch release thing, isn't it kind of a good idea to only update a few servers at a time, that way if anything goes wrong like last time only a small group are effected, then when it's fixed and up and ready you patch the rest

Of course the EU servers would just become the guinea pigs whilst the US can play safe in the knowledge that they wont lose any time, but it's an idea all the same
  9. Alien51

Not I. But ya know w/e, almost every day is a day off.
  10. Canaris

lol maybe in your silly EU country, my EU country has it's day off on Monday like sensible people ;)
  11. Being@RT

You're implying then that PS2 is a decent game?

I'll accept, but only barely.. :eek:
  12. Lollerstakes

And once again, the US and AU servers are out of maintenance mode and currently locked, while all EU servers are MAINT
  13. HellasVagabond

CHARGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE !!!!!!!! :eek:
  14. Izriul

Yeah, our silly country has Friday and Monday off. How unfair, I do wish we could be as cool as you and only have Monday.
    • Up x 1
  15. Canaris

eat our economic recovery dust :p
    • Up x 1
  16. zappy

The only time religion is useful is for the free holidays.

I wish i could be Christian +Muslim + Jewish so i could enjoy all the days off
    • Up x 1
  17. bodmans

seeing the number of EU servers and US servers(theyre the same friggin number) there's no reson why EU players are f*cked up now.
    simple solution would be timezone based update, or updating at a time where all servers are low pop(these grey area's prolly exist)

and i live in the Netherlands where we got today and monday off. YAY for christianity, im an athiest but i would like to thank them for this day
  18. Darthsebious

European companies don't make decent games???

Are you out of your mind or just that ignorant....
  19. LordMondando

Rockstar North (almost all the GTA games were in fact made in Edinburgh) , Bohemia Interactive (czech, arma opflash, now dayz), Eidos Interactive (In london), Paradox Interactive (Stockholm) and Ubisoft (based in Paris)

Shall I continue, or hast thou been schooled?

Also OP, had to do it for double Xp anyway.
    • Up x 2
  20. footjam

I think the real moral of this thread is:

People only believe in religion for the holidays.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.