Downtime on a public holiday??????

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Mesdupkilr, Mar 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mesdupkilr

Seriously SOE?

If you mess this up like the last few updates your going to pee off a lot of us Europeans who are on our free day off and are not able to play now because you want to have the servers ready for the US peak time.
    • Up x 10
  2. Cinc

Dude, this will probally be about 10 minutes and there nerfing the phoenix.

Stop freaking out.
    • Up x 1
  3. AdennTM

Yup. Every update/patch it's the same crap. Screw over the Europeans because there holiness the americans, the center of the universe, have to be able to play at their prime time.
    • Up x 4
  4. FatSheriff

Yep the EU servers get ****** again..... I dont see why they cant do seperate patches for EU and US servers? Can anyone enlighten me?
    • Up x 2
  5. Mesdupkilr

Says two hours in the offical post, the last time they said that we couldn't play for about 6 and them 6 were the Euro peak hours as usual
    • Up x 5
  6. Nurf3d

They are tweaking the Pheonix, which you lot have been QQing for the past week about ... deal with it.
  7. Aedelric

Given a choice between a buggy and laggy weekend or missing ten minutes of play time, I would rather miss ten minutes of playtime, patches and updates are -good- for the game.

Get your priorities right Mesdupkilr.
  8. Adderton

Get over yourself, all of you EU players have it good compared to us Aussie gamers on Briggs, every update hits us at peak time so stop your complaining and get a life.
    • Up x 1
  9. S1eB

Moaning about a short period of down time to implement Phoenix nref/buff and a Lancer buff? Oh you...

Stay calm and remember to :eek:
  10. kungflu

What.. what about the proximity mines???
  11. Alien51

They really should micromanage their Maintenance around the prime times in their respective timezones.
    • Up x 6
  12. hostilechild

Take your meds and come back in 30.
  13. Razzyman

Like this guy said. You have to :eek:, just remember to :eek: and everything will be ok. On a side note there probably really wasn't a good time so they just said "Bah, darned if we do darned if we don't, do it now"
  14. Badgered

The company is based in 'murica doncha know? Does it strike you as odd that they'd do their maintenance during 'murican business hours?
  15. Gaseous Snake

I'm hoping you were being sarcastic. If not then you just went full ret@rd. Nobody goes full ret@rd.
    • Up x 1
  16. CHDT65

17. PEETREE

Developers are based out of California OP. They're not going to do their work at midnight their time so you can play at your peak time.

Welcome to our global world.
    • Up x 1
  18. Bindlestiff

Seriously? The UK man, where the primary religion is Christianity, and Christianity is what Easter is all about? Today is known as Good Friday, we get both today and Monday off.

Sorry we are backwards enough to have holidays on days that actually mean something. I'd love the UK to be not backwards and throw away all the proper public holidays and instead have "yellow t-shirt Wednesday" or something, because that makes far more sense.
    • Up x 5
  19. L3TUC3

I too am disappointed in another patch on a Friday. SOE has had trouble with patches previously where updates caused downtime during primetime. Seems like they're willing to chance it again this time.

What happened to only patching on Wednesday?

I hope this one will go smooth and not cause any more odd things to break.
    • Up x 1
  20. footjam

So glad I live in a place where religion is a private issue.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.