"Deconstruct button moved from vehicle information"

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by OneRedBlock, Mar 27, 2013.

1. OneRedBlock

2. siiix

i'm not drunk, hi or stoned yet to truly enjoy this video :)

and really what i like to know IS THERE ANYONE who watched the entire 11.35 minutes ? o_O

on subject; whiners prevailed once again

i like to have a feature to report whiners... someone gets more then 250 reports is a month forum ban :p
  3. phreec

Good. May all those who intentionally decon' to tick people off burn in hell.
    • Up x 17
  4. Zorro

I did.

It took eleven minutes of my life away? :eek:
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • Up x 1
  5. ABATTLEDONKEY

OK to all those in favor of the deconstruct button, can you PLEASE tell me why you want it in the game? I cannot see a single good reason to have it, yet its been the source of MUCH frustration over the last 4 months. this move is not a nerf, its not a buff, its just allowing those who took away enemy vehicles, to get XP for doing so. whats wrong with that?
  6. FinnSimmons

They want players to kill as many things as possible aka gain as much XP as possible. They do not really care about much else. As shown by the various new weapons that can kill you very fast without you being able to do anything about it.
    The Deconstruct Button allegedly robed players of their XP. Thus it was taken away. This to me only shows their idea behind this game. There is fancy statements about making this game as complex as Eve or the six month plans that are supposed to give us the feeling of participation. All in all its just their strategy to bind players to the game and "milk the cow" as hard as they possibly can.
    They probably never even thought about the guy sitting on his Flash running away from an ESF. By quickly deconstructing and hiding he might save his behind by getting out of the ESFs Infantry render range. Or actually simply by hiding because most ESFs don't have radar.
    Whilst infiltrating a base a left behind Flash will now tell the enemy that are around or force you to abandon your vehicle farther out so it does not draw attention. Making you walk like an idiot since getting around as infantry in this game is already so easy.
    But like I said above thats not what they have in mind.
    Because if the 13 year old doesn't get his XP he won't spend his pocket money on the game. So better give those XP to him. Hanging us players that like to play this game with some kind of tactical and strategical depth out to dry.

Thank you SOE.

Note the sarcasm in the last sentence.
  7. Adamar09

Get vehicle stealth, put your flash in an out of the way building. Better yet, put a radar on it while you're at it.
    • Up x 5
  8. siiix

BECAUSE YOU DO NOT NEFT OR CANNIBALIZE A GAME JUST BECAUSE SOMETHING IS ANNOYING TO A FEW WUSSIES

frustration is as well not a good reason to take a feature away ... P***ng off people is FUN, if anything they should add more features like that AND openly say that it will stay no mater what ... because that is what i call backbone and VISION

i'm so tired of people trying to bring up "sportsmanship" this is not a competitive game , and never will be .. i come here to have fun and not train for some competition ... SCREW SPORTSMANSHIP ...
    • Up x 1
  9. Zenith

It's simple really, they want to deny the enemy any XP for the vehicle kill, as if it actually has any bearing on their own enjoyment of the game. They'll even admit the tactic openly if you call them on it, and that speaks volumes about the person if you ask me.
    • Up x 3
  10. FinnSimmons

If you TL/DR or fail at reading comprehension at least have the good manners to not write anything in response. ;)
  11. BengalTiger

Well, if you get off your Flash, you render as infantry. Deconstruction is not needed, and in fact when the pilot is busy with the Flash, the driver gains some time.

What's wrong with walking, and/or planning where to leave the vehicle so it doesn't attract attention? To me having to hide a vehicle adds more stuff to think about, which equals to more depth.

I do agree experience should be gained based on territory conquered and owned rather than kills- we'd then have some serious strategies and tactics used commonly to get the most out of a continent, rather than everyone capturing a continent in an unstoppable way until they reach the Crown.
  12. HadesR

Wouldn't work .. a lot of them just pester the Dev's and whine on Twitter
  13. Frosty The Pyro

it prevents parking lot issues. I will actualy get out of my tank and assault a facility, leaving an unmaned tank in the way for everyone else tryin to get by is rude.

Frankly the only folks who deconstruct in combat are the flyboys (because anyone who killed them obviously cheated or was using OP tacktics and doesnt deserve anything), who will still be able to do the exact same thing by flaceplanting into the ground (hell normaly its even faster than deconstructing) or when someone starts smaking on an unatended vehicle and the driver is somewhere else entirely, and the weapon used is one that doesnt deal much damage (or you forgot that tanks have rear armor). At which point it was an unatended vehicle, so its not like killin it was that important (unless it was a deployed sundy, in which case its still gone, so mission achieved).

Geting rid of deconstruct is not a good solution to the problem (which I dont even realy think is a problem mind you), as it also gets rid of the reason deconstruct was put in in the first place. A solution would be that taking damage would reset the deconstruct time (which takes waht 4 seconds?), or to count a deconstruct as killed, so the person who was hittin it would get an assist.
    • Up x 2
  14. Tasogie

Couldn't agree more, the type of people who did this, are basically the cod crowd, arrogant rude abusive,an they dont like Loosing. There was never some game based ideal behind decon, it was purely a way to give someone the finger. This is the first time I have seen SOE something legit that needed doing, an they are to be (for this at least) congratulated.
    • Up x 2
  15. Radec594

Deconstructing serves literally no purpose other than griefing. Because that's what it is, I hope you understand, pure griefing.
    If you fail to understand this, well I'm afraid to say you're hopeless and you'll notice a tendency for people to dislike your attitude in various games, simply put: you are a bad sport lol.

There's a little line that needs to be crossed to define when something's being blatantly abused, and decon had crossed that since day one. People never used it for its own original purpose anymore (which I'm assuming most of you people don't know, it was getting rid of the vehicle when stuck), in fact those who didn't care about their vehicles anymore simple abandoned it somewhere or eventually remotely deconstructed it upon taking damage.
    • Up x 2
  16. Otulien

Good lord, I just watched 11 minutes of No.

Skipped reading all the comments to post this. Must go do something productive. Possibly call Mother.
    • Up x 4
  17. Joe-H2O

I take it you didn;t actually read the full notes.

All of those things will be possible, but they need to add the code for it.

You'll be able to hide your flash after sneaking into a base etc, you just won't be able to do it after taking damage a short period of time beforehand.

Ie, it will remove the griefing, but not that tactical use. The current state of affairs is merely temporary until they can add in the timer, but it was clearly important to them to address the problem of deconstructing to deny XP quickly while they work on a more permanent fix.
  18. Joe-H2O

That's exactly what they are doing. They are going to add code to the game so that decon only works if you haven't taken damage for a certain time beforehand.

In the meantime they have simply switched it off until the full fix can be implemented.
    • Up x 1
  19. ABATTLEDONKEY

This is the same conclusion I have drawn, and the first person to reply to me (post #8) is a perfect example. I was hoping that I had missed a real value in the deconstruct button, but it seems that "trolling" may be the only value.
  20. ABATTLEDONKEY

could have saved a TON of writing by just saying " Because Im a total ******* ". Would gave garnished the same degree of respect, if not more, with the additional points for honesty and objectivity. You personify all that is wrong with modern gamers (and no i dont care how old you are). This idea of "well its fun for me" needs to stop. Sacrificing good gameplay for the fun of a few ******** should not happen. Kicking puppies is fun to some people, doesnt mean I wont kick them back.
    • Up x 3