Will my computer run?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Parke, Mar 26, 2013.

1. Parke

I checked system specs minimum and recommended but for the life of me I have no clue how to read that stuff :p so I was wondering if one of you kind people would take a look at my computers specs and tell me if it will run PS2 and if so on what level? (low/meduim/high/ultra)

Specs:

• Processor Type:
      Intel Core i7-3770K
    • Processor Speed:
      3.5 GHz
    • Processor Cores:
    • RAM:
      8 GB PC3-10666 (1333 MHz DDR3)
    • Hard Drive Capacity:
      1 TB
    • Hard Drive Speed (Revolutions Per Minute):
      7200 RPM
    • Optical Drive:
      12X DVD+/-RW with Blu-Ray Reader
    • Graphics Card:
      NVIDIA GeForce GTX650
    • Pre-loaded Operating System:
      Windows 8 64-bit
    • Dedicated Video Memory:
      Yes
    • Shared Video Memory:
      Not Applicable
    • Video Memory:
      1 GB

- Thanks, Parke
  2. Agentryn

Yes, your machine will definitely run Planetside 2. RAM and Processor are fabulous. I run an HD 7770 graphics card which is about 20% faster then your GTX 650 according to "Tom's Hardware". I only get about 30 FPS and occasional lags. No question your video card is the weak link. You WILL get frustrated from time to time.
  3. TheAppl3

Your CPU is perfectly fine. Your RAM is fine - I find it odd that you have 1333 RAM with a 3770k but that's irrelevant.

The 650 is fine but firmly in the medium power range. You'll be playing on medium settings mostly.
  4. BlackDove

That's a very imbalanced system, with a CPU that is WAY better than the GPU.

If it was an i3 or a Pentium with the 650, it'd make sense. You should have at least a GTX 660 with that price of CPU.

The 650 typically has DDR3, and it's only about 600 GFLOPS, so it'll run PS2 on medium with some low settings. A 660Ti will run everything on high at 1920x1080.
  5. Parke

Thank you all for replying so quickly. Well I'm fine with medium settings nothing wrong with that I just have one question and that would be is it possible to upgrade the 650 into a 660 and if so how much would that cost me?

- Thanks, Parke
  6. BlackDove

What do you mean upgrade it into a 660? You can buy a 660 instead of the 650. A 650 is about $120, the 660 is about $220 and the 660Ti is about $280. The 660Ti is roughly 4 times more powerful than a 650.
  7. JasonBourne

I'm guessing this is a prebuilt system as I don't see why someone would buy a 3770k and a GTX 650.. but it should be able to run it.

And whether you would be able to upgrade your GPU depends on your PSU. How many watts is it? But honestly going from a 650 to 660 isn't much of an upgrade.. with that CPU you should have a 660 Ti/670 or a 7950. But that's just my two cents.
  8. Ocaml

Actually GTX 660Ti is 2,5 times more powerful than GTX 650 while GTX 660 is more than twice as powerful than GTX 650.

Anyway, with 3770K CPU videocard upgrade is highly recommended.
  9. -Synapse-

I dunno, is it tied down?

JK, JK. Yeah your computer will run it satisfactorily.
  10. RaZz0R

agree - thats why I got the Gigabyte OC version of the 660ti - same performance as a 680!
  11. BlackDove

You're right. I was thinking of the 650M.
  12. Mayhew

I play with high settings and I have OC'd Radeon 5850 and I'm completely bottlenecked by my cpu. Gpu would probably give around 50-80 fps or at least those are the numbers when next to the fps meter might be GPU instead of CPU. This game isn't hard for the gpu.

According to some charts at least GTX 650 should be around 20-30% faster than 5850.