LaunchPad wont start

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by steelmace23, Mar 25, 2013.

1. steelmace23

I was in game for like 3 minutes after having gotten it and the game closed out saying it was removing me from server. I tried to restart the game but the launch pad keeps giving me something along the lines of connection not available and try again later but everything else internet wise works. so i looked on the troubleshooting thread and all the settings are what is recommended. Any ways on how to fix this.
  2. steelmace23

LaunchPad was unable to connect. Please check the network connection or try again later. If the problem persists, please visit http://www.soe.com/help for assistance.(4-404)

This is the message i receive when i start the Launch Pad.
  3. TSR-Jesse S Customer Service

There are a few different issues which may be causing this problem for you, so you may need to try a few things to get into the game:

1. In addition to running your client as the administrator, please ensure that you have added an exception within your Firewall or Anti-Virus software for planetside2.exe, launchpad.exe, and awesomiumprocess.exe.

The location of these files can vary, but by default they should look like this:

Win7/Vista/Win8

C:\Users\Public\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\PlanetSide 2\LaunchPad.exe
    C:\Users\Public\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\PlanetSide 2\PlanetSide2.exe
    C:\Users\Public\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\PlanetSide 2\LaunchPad.libs\AwesomiumProcess.exe

Windows XP

C:\Program Files\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\PlanetSide 2\LaunchPad.exe
    C:\Program Files\\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\PlanetSide 2\PlanetSide2.exe
    C:\Program Files\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\PlanetSide 2\LaunchPad.libs\AwesomiumProcess.exe

PS2 & Anti-Virus Software

2. You may need to clear the cache settings for the launch pad by going to the launchpad.libs folder in your PlanetSide 2 directory and delete the launchpad.cache folder then try accessing the game once again.

3. The launcher may have been corrupted and will need to be repaired before it will work correctly. You can repair the launcher with the launcher set up file from the following link:

https://launch.soe.com/installer/PS2_setup.exe

If your problems persist, please submit a ticket thru our support system so we can take a look and your machine and investigate for any potential problems. Instructions to submit a ticket can be found in my signature.
  4. steelmace23

yeah i did what you said but it still doesn't work. I gave it access through firewall also but that still wont fix it but i don't think its just this game because i haven't been able to play any other game on multiplayer any help?
  5. steelmace23

yeah i did what you said but it still doesn't work. I gave it access through firewall also but that still wont fix it but i don't think its just this game because i haven't been able to play any other game on multiplayer any help?