Shotguns ruined the TTK/Skill required/Close Quarter Combat of Planetside 2..We need higher TTK!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Rustler, Mar 23, 2013.

1. Rustler

Most snipers dont get headshots at all lol......you should really play infantry.

I guess your to busy flying lol.
  2. Eyeklops

From what I remember of PS1, the MCG did much less armor damage then the Jackhammer. Every encounter against a Jackhammer required repairing most of my body armor. Against the MCG I think stamina went down faster. Loved the faction flavor in PS1.

How does the average latency of those games compare to PS2? Thats important. BF3 & COD can have short TTK's because local clan servers greatly reduce the average latency.

Done
  3. Xind

I basically avoid all field combat because it's plagued with snipers. About half the time I fight in the field, whether moving, utilize cover (environmental and human meat shields) I find I die to snipers, sometimes with more than one on my kill sheet.

But again, I see no difference in someone killing an unaware subject in one shot regardless of the range the shot is made. So this is fundamental difference in our logic.

Also, stop pretending like OHK shotguns ruined the game. The NC has had a Walking Shotgun Tank since Beta and everyone seems fine with that hulking pile of ********.
    • Up x 1
  4. smokemaker

Light assault
    Auto shotgun
    Slugs
    4X scope
    This is what i play when on the ground on this character.
    I do like ESF's. And brotha, let me tell you, they are not easy mode.
    Especially after the nerfs to them and the buffs to flak and the addition of all the lock on weapons. Including the new launchers.
    I see no issue here.
  5. Vikarius

You cannot EVEN compare sniper rifle headshot OHKOs to Shotgun OHKO or even shotguns that kill in 2-3 hits.

Even if the sniper is firing from a very long range, to where only another sniper or vehicle and return fire that doesn't mean it does not require a lot of skill. Do shotguns have sway? Do shotguns have drop at their designed range? No, and No
    Do shotgun users have to worry about leading a target like snipers because of the games slow as crap velocity for sniper rifles? No
    Do shotguns still wreck their target non headshot even if a few pellets miss? Yes
    Do shotguns fire a spread? Yes
    If a sniper misses does his target still take damage? No
    Does a bolt action 1hko on headshot? Only if the target does not have nanoweave 3+ or isnt heavy with shield on..
    Does a shotgun still 1hko a target with nanoweave3+? Yes

If it were up to me, the highest damage bolt actions would 1HKO any non max infantry on ANY upper torso hit, and only require a headshot to OHKO on nanoweave lvl 5 target.
    It it were up to me lol pods would almost insta gib infantry, 2 direct hits at most
    If it were up to me a non AP tank main cannon round would insta gib any infantry in its full splash damage radius except flak lvl 5 or heavy with shield on
    If it were up to me the M12 kobalt would 2 shot all infantry except nanoweave 3+ a heavy with shield on
    If it were up to me every vehicle in the game except the Flash would have its cooldown AND resource cost tripled
    If it were up to me MBTs would have their effective HP increased by 50%
    if it were up to me liberators would have their effective HP decreased by 50%
    If it were up to me Heavy Assaults would have to sacrifice most of their anti infantry capability to be as good as they can be now at anti vehicle and vise versa
    Well now Im just ranting a bit, so : etc etc etc
  6. TintaBux

Shotguns are shotguns they need to be as powerful as they are, however your post is correct, they have ruined the cqc aspect in many fights, requiring much less skill.
  7. Bl4ckVoid

Not flying at all, I only play infantry. Mostly heavy, sometimes infiltrator (this is quite boring though).

Only solo, but of course I work with the others just do not coordinate by voice.

Going in first at the objective with guns blazing, that is an adrenaline rush. Trying to shoot a pixel is not. (Maybe I should try infiltrating with an SMG :) ).

I do not care much for vehicles, except I like blowing them up :)
  8. Rustler

I never said ESF were easy mode.

Just saying you don't know much about the infantry aspect.

Especially now since you admitted you use auto shotguns most of the time when playing as infantry lol.
  9. vastaitku

How would you know? Your stats are in full display here: You don't even play light assault, which is the primary shoot-in-the-back ganking class. All you do as infantry is snipe. So how would you know anything about it?

If TTK is increased to any significant degree, what happens is that if you're alone and you see two guys, you don't engage. Doesn't matter if they have their backs on you, you'll still die every time.

Please guys, don't complain that people are able to flank you. My scrub-o-meter doesn't go that high.
  10. Bl4ckVoid

Will you get killed in 10 seconds before even getting to the objective wielding a shotgun? YES. Quite often.
    Will you get killed in 10 seconds after starting sniping from a position? Not really, only rarely.

If it were up to you, you would make this SniperSide.

NO, WRONG IDEA. Still plenty of infiltrators around, if it were so bad, they would be extinct. Work as a team (2 people enough), and you will get kills as sniper. Also, it is easy to snipe already injured people (hint: look for big fight and work there)
  11. smokemaker

Have you ever used an auto shotgun with slugs?
    I do not think so.
    It gives up it close range advantage for a med. range sniping platform.
    2 - 3 hits and you are dead at med. long range. I find it better then a bolt action sniper rifle. As well as the light assault aspect of being able to get to places regular snipers cant. Now if I am indeed going inside of a building, pump action shotgun. But i prefer to snipe the foolish. I enjoy a good camping spot, good smoke, and foolish targets.
  12. Vikarius

Thats a nice strawman
    I can play too
    How many kills will you get in those 10s wielding a 1hko shotgun? a bunch
    How many kills will you get in those 10s wielding a sniper rifle at sniper range? MAYBE 1, 2 at most
    How many of those shotgun kills required the target to be standing still? none
    how many of those sniper kills required the target to be standing still? at least 1/2 and thats being generous
    How many of those shotgun kills required you to be sitting still when you fired? None
    How many of those sniper kills required you to be sitting still when you fired? ALL
    Did you have only 1 second to steady your weapon and fire with the shotgun? nope
    how about the sniper rifle? Yep

I like how you picked sniping out of all of that when i easily includes a dozen different things that should OHKO as well if shotguns continue too. Besides, it would take a whole new dev team and a lot of redesigning to make this "sniperside", currently the game is 100 miles deep into "Heavyside"
  13. Warlyik

I play a fair amount of MAX up at medium range (using Falcons, not Scats), and my Infiltrator is rarely ever that far from the focal point of conflict. That's the only way you get a decent number of kills/minute.

Hell, I have more Pistol Kills than that Smokeraker guy has Auto-Shotty kills with his top infantry weapon. And you tend not to get pistol kills at long range.

I learned early on not to involve myself in CQC since I focus entirely on being exceptional at MAX, Vanguard, and Infiltrator. I'm not some stupid pup charging mindlessly into a meatgrinder. I'll let other people do that until some changes are made to make that combat more entertaining/competitive.

The Pump Shotguns aren't even my main focus. This game's TTK has always been too low. Doesn't take a genius to realize it.

You mean if you're bad you don't engage. If you were actually good, dispatching two people would be easy. People like you rely too much on certain advantages to get away with things that would otherwise be idiotic.

Who wants to bet your stats are terrible? I'm pretty proud of mine.
  14. NietCheese

I should mention even though I don't like the pump action shotguns, being a 1 shot kill, I love shotguns.

I use the mauler with slugs, which is a 3 shot kill at close range and a 4 shot kill at medium. 2 shot if you can land head shots. The slugs are very unreliable and it takes some practice to get good at it, but it's a ton of fun and punishes people who stand still

The TTK is probably higher than an SMG at close range and it is sometimes unpredictable (slugs just seem to disappear). I use it more like a battle rifle than a shotgun....
  15. Bl4ckVoid

"How many kills will you get in those 10s wielding a 1hko shotgun?"

You leave spawn, go to next building, enemy spots you from 15m: DEAD.
    Next time, you make it, kill 2 guys, 3rd kills you.

"How many kills will you get in those 10s wielding a sniper rifle at sniper range? MAYBE 1, 2 at most"
    You have to be very good / lucky to shoot more than 2 guys in one go. Majority of shotgun plays (for me) end in 30sec after entering the fight. Rarely I see people kill 10 players with it, very good light assault player.

"How many of those shotgun kills required the target to be standing still? none
    Not a valid comparison, because this applies to all weapons.

"how many of those sniper kills required the target to be standing still? at least 1/2 and thats being generous"

"How many of those shotgun kills required you to be sitting still when you fired? None"

"How many of those sniper kills required you to be sitting still when you fired? ALL"

"Did you have only 1 second to steady your weapon and fire with the shotgun? nope"
    If there is anything that really sux about sniping: this is it. Time of breath holding should be much longer or swaying much reduced. At least there should be normal (4x, 6x) scopes with no sway.

I do not see your problem though, how do you manage to get killed from render range by a shotgun ;)
  16. BigIronRanger

First of all there is no such thing as skill its just who is in a better position in combat and how bad or good the other player is in terms of situational awareness and map knowledge.

Yeah because pressing A+D+Right mouse click+plus left mouse click is so skillful.

In my opinion leading targets whether it be sniping or taking out ESF's with an MBT is the only real 'skill' and then again thats really only intuition.

I agree that the pump action shotties are way to OP they OHK at CQC and their range is surprisingly far i've been OHK from around 15-20 meters even with full health and nano weave 4 (probably headshots).

NERF NOW OR FOREVER BE OHK.
  17. vastaitku

I like the passive-aggressive tone in all of these "higher TTK plz" posts. If you people don't just flat out call other people idiots, you imply it. Also you pretty much confirmed my point. When it comes to flanking and CQC, you haven't got the experience to talk about its difficulty. So maybe you shouldn't!

I mean all other things being equal. You start shooting the other guy, he turns around and returns fire. Then the other guy starts shooting you as well. Then you die. The only way you can survive this is a) the guys are really bad b) low enough TTK that you can take one of them out before the other one notices. What exactly constitutes "people like me?"`Are you sure you want to come across that smug?

Being a scrub is about attitude, not stats. The only reason I brought up your stats is because you are trying to invalidate a type of playing that you appear to have limited experience of. I'm sure you're very effective at what you do. That's not the point here.
  18. Eyeklops

Just curious, if they added a new high ROF 100 round LMG that could bodyshot OHK up to 150M with near perfect accuracy and charged $20 for it. Would you be ok with that? Hypothetical example of course.
  19. Vikarius

So much blatant misinformation and logical fallacies from you, there is no point.
    What you are basically spouting is no different then saying " red is not a color"
  20. Rustler

Actually their is such a thing as skill in CQC.....At least before shotguns.

People with better reflexs,aim etc did best in CQC....u make it sound easy by saying is A+D and aiming with mouse but that actually takes skill.