Spring Sale Cash-Grab

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Eclipson, Mar 20, 2013.

1. Eclipson

So I just saw this reddit post:
    http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/comments/1ao0es/upcoming_new_helmets_and_heavy_tank_mods_for/

Why are these helmets and tank body armors only available for a limited time? Finally we get some cool body armor for the tank, but it can only be purchased in 3 days. Same with the helmets, digging the TR one, but I only have enough station cash to get the ESLs. Whats with the "Limited Time Only" offers? This isn't an infomercial, whats with the blatant cash-grabs?
  2. Phyr

Getting tired of every addition to the store being called a "cash grab". They are a company, and companies need to make money.
    • Up x 24
  3. VSDerp

disappointed with the vanu infiltrator helmet. but the NC looks interesting.thanks for this post.
  4. Eclipson

But why this "Limited Time Only!" Stuff all of a sudden. I don't call selling things in the shop a cash grab, I know they need to make money, and I want them to, but whats up with this new strategy they are trying to use now? Its just annoying.
  5. InvalidCast

My guess is that they are under pressure to make some money or risk having to make some cuts. Just look at some of the other things done lately:
    • Heroic Boosts
    • Increasing member bonuses
    • Annihilator on daily sale
    • Rocket Pods on daily sale
    • Rocket Launcher bundle (Annihilator, Decimator, and camo)
    • Lots of super fast TTK weapons
    • Now these
    They are trying really hard to get people to spend money so something must be up....
    • Up x 4
  6. Deronok

Sounds more like they'll be released at a reduced price temporarily, before going back to full price.
    • Up x 2
  7. Vastly

What's the point? Why do you think they're called "vanity" items?
  8. SenEvason

I do not like how the helmets look. Wish they had some pictures for the tank stuff though.
  9. Eclipson

Really really hope this is the case. I want that helmet for my TR light assault, but I don't want to miss out on the ESLs.
  10. Nyscha

God forbid a F2p has micro transactions to you know actually fund the game.
  11. Ash87

I think you are reading way too far into this. All the weapons are on sale from one time or another, the Pump actions have been announced for a WHILE, and most guns are getting nerfs, not buffs. The Super fast TTK weapons have been around too.
  12. UrMom306

well if it's cool and you want to buy it why not just buy it during the 3 day special? It's just like any other store trying to sell something, attach a deadline, or price cut or whatever to get more people to buy it. I kind of welcome the idea of special helmets that aren't available all the time, makes the items more unique. Too bad there aren't any heavy helmets
  13. Ash87

Lets see how much those tank body mods are....
  14. Highway_Star

It's fine as long as there's a 2x/3x station cash event before these spring sales.

The 6 month aniversary of the games release is soon, maybe then. *hint hint*
  15. Zaik

oh noes, they're grabbing the cash out of my outstretched hand, those thieves
    • Up x 5
  16. Eclipson

I want them to make money, but why is it available for a limited time. It is the definition of a cash grab. They pressure as many people into buying it by making it a limited time only, grab as much cash as they can, and then stop selling it. They would end up making just as much money, if not more, in the long run if they just kept it for sale. Its not like the Heroic Boosts, which they would lose money if it was for sale for a long period of time. Its a cosmetic thing!
  17. SgtScum

Yep, its that ebil horribobble thing those dastardly greedy money grab corporations try to do. Make a profit.

Thats it folks the game is dead pack it up and go home. :oops:
  18. Nocturnal7x

um yea, those look like ****.
  19. DJPenguin

I'm quite fond of the welder helmet personally. it's actually "different", and not bad different like the skull masks.
    • Up x 2
  20. BalogDerStout

It's for a limited time to encourage you to buy it.

Tank looks ok, other helmets are meh. I won't be getting any of it since I still have a few guns I need to acquire.