Say Yes to Crossbow

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Blue4tw, Mar 19, 2013.

1. Blue4tw

YES YES YES YES YES SORRY BUT YES.

I'm gonna get straight to the point. Crossbows are awesome.
    • Up x 4
  2. MilitiaMan

[IMG]
    • Up x 39
  3. hunder

:eek:
    • Up x 6
  4. Lampenfieber

[IMG]
    • Up x 21
  5. Pikachu

[IMG]
    • Up x 1
  6. S1eB

This^^^^^^
    • Up x 3
  7. K3STR3L

Going to have to say crossbows are overused these days and unneeded in this game. It is a big NO! from me too.
    • Up x 5
  8. o.Solei.o

See sig for response.
  9. Raptor425

Why are you people ******** about them? If you don't like them don't use them. That is all there is to it.

Oh and if they do add them have fun when a bolt from my crossbow pierces your helmet and lodges itself in your brain :p

Have a nice day.
  10. Sebastien

That's why they shouldn't exist. The gun replaced the bow, because its better in literally every way.
    Need to kill someone silently? Use a suppressed gun.
    Need to kill someone from far away? Use a gun.
    Need to kill someone quickly? Use a gun.
    Need to kill someone with a special tipped arrow? You're already in a position to shoot them in the head. Use a gun.

The last time a bow was used in warfare was WWII by Jack Churchill, he is not a reason to implement bows. He is a statistical outlier.
    • Up x 1
  11. Vashyo

I don't wanna use crossbow, I don't want get shot by crossbow, I don't wanna see a crossbow. Might as well do shotgun akimbo since we adding cool-factor weapons.
    • Up x 2
  12. Valena

So much for a willing suspension of disbelief. I'll never understand why people who play a game about immortal soldiers using alien technology in a war billions of lightyears away from planet Earth have to bring reality into determining whether or not something should be added to the game.
    • Up x 5
  13. Sebastien

Lets just add a gun that shoot dildos, because immersion doesn't matter
    • Up x 14
  14. Netsurfer733

Guys, camo and helmets and decals aren't the only way to present your own sense of style into the game. What you actually fight with and how you use it is just as much a part of that, if not more so.

There is no problem with immersion, here. Who says in the future that every soldier would not want a supercharged & advanced crossbow, at least as a sidearm? In a war like this it does make sense that a soldier might like the 'feel' of it more, so why can't we?

Besides, think about the size of an arrow on a crossbow, and then compare it to the size of any given bullet in a cartridge. It needn't be said that it's much larger. Now imagine making one of those bullets the size of aforementioned arrow, imagine being able to cram advanced nanite technology in it simply because of its size, and then imagine a loading mechanism. Boom, crossbow. Chances are this will be a super long reload, single shot weapon that is basically a much harder to use NS-44 Commissioner.

A mini rocket in your pocket.

I'm not saying it will be able to insta-kill you with its damage, but certainly it would hurt like hell, and be incredibly great for those who enjoy this sort of weapon. So yes, you bet I'm rooting for the crossbow.
    • Up x 1
  15. Valena

Immersion is relative. If the crossbow was made of wood I'd agree with you, but take a look at it.

[IMG]

It barely even looks like a crossbow. All immersion requires a certain degree of willful suspension of disbelief, and if something like this is enough to break your immersion then the solution is simple; Don't use it.
    • Up x 2
  16. VSDerp

i say yes..who cares if it's the ''future'' and how do we know it wouldn't have futuristic crossbows in the future? if you don't like the idea than don't buy it when ever it releases . Doesn't make sense how a weapon can bother people so much.all that matters in my opinion is the crossbow looks futuristic. it's not gonna be a game changer or anything so relax people. just a crossbow.
  17. Tommyp2006

What purpose would a crossbow serve? How would it play? If it's a medium range or less, silent OHKO, which is the only purpose a crossbow would serve, it will be OP, there are enough OHKO weapons already. Gonna make it take more than one shot? It will be worse than every gun. A crossbow does not fit this game in any way.
    • Up x 1
  18. K3STR3L

Or they could just not add it and ruin the immersion for many of us. How is not using it not ruining peoples immersion? We can still see people running around with it, yes?
  19. LoneMaverick

just for one second stop thinking about crossbow vs no crossbow, and think about how they're going to implement it.

OSK? ok then, so now we got med/long ranged pump shotties.

not OSK? omg UP, plz buff our cyber crossbows.

This thing is going to be in a **** position no matter what they do with it, unless they start adding snares/dots to weapons like an MMORPG.
    • Up x 1
  20. anaverageguy