Want insult to injury? :D

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Sleepy247, Mar 13, 2013.

1. Anvildude

Ah. I may be a little behind the times, there. I think I remember reading about B-E condensate now, though.

Also, yeah, that's a good point- if NC used Gauss/rail technology, they would have no muzzle flash at all, unless their barrels are made out of magnesium or something.
  2. Speneticus

No muzzle flash?
  3. DemoniWaari

Well... that's not really a muzzle flash. That's the air burning due to the friction when the projectile goes like 3 km/s (or something similar anyway). And thus it would have to seem more like a rocket and not a muzzle flash. Anyway this happens only if the speeds are really high, so if the rounds go just as fast as a normal round, this effect would not be present.
  4. Anvildude

Though I suppose that a true Rail weapon (using the Railgun principle, as opposed to Gaussian magnetics- it's an interesting difference) may have a bright flash from the sparks and friction of the projectile on the rails themselves.
  5. SGTWOLF68

Why is everyone smarter than me...
    • Up x 1
  6. DemoniWaari

Yeah that's true. Though it would be very very minimal, and if the friction actually would produce some sort of thermal reaction that you can see I think that the flash would be the least of your problems, stuff tends to warp and bend and expand at that point, which might make the boom-stick go boom itself.
    On the other hand, this is TEH FUTURE!

Rofl, quote worthy material.
  7. SGTWOLF68

It's a shame but it's probably the truth...does anyone want to play with me on Helios sometime.
  8. Anvildude

What faction? I might try a different server- Waterson's kinda boring sometimes.
  9. LameFox

10. iller

Too bad they sound like.... behave like.... travel like ..."drop" like .... impact like, and do just about everything including "Kick" like regular *ss bullets that just happen to be a little bigger in Caliber than the TR's. Real COILGUN rounds, which we have right now are completely different. Infact they're fixing to be the Military's next LOL-CollateralDamage super weapon for taking out entire terrorist camps.
  11. SGTWOLF68

NC send me conversation if you wanna play together.
  12. Maodun

Hate to be the skeptic, but the company's actual website explains that the pictures are using "mock ups." In other words, the woman is lying under a blanket with a photo of the lawn printed on it. No way to see how well the actual technology works...

http://www.hyperstealth.com/Quantum-Stealth/index.html
  13. Pakistani Pete

If you ask me, "balance" has no place in a strategy-dependent videogame like PlanetSide 2.

Battlefield 3 suffers the same problem. Whenever I rank up on that game and unlock a new weapon, I usually find the weapon in question to be too similar, if not downright worse, than the weapon I had before, which kinda defeats the whole point of progress.

Not that I'd commit such a heinous act of heresy as to compare PlanetSide 2 to Battlefield 3 the worst game in history.

[EDITED BY POPULAR FORUM POLICE]
  14. Xil

With the level of lethality in this game, Balance is going to be near impossible. With the TTK's, I'd love to see more 'dangerous' weapons, requiring more thought process and planning than swarming.

Artillery units and cluster / carpet bombing for instance. They're meant to create massive area denial and destruction for clumping together too tight. But in this age of COD mentality, god forbid someone gets killed by a weapon like that for 'zerging'. *sigh*

Right there with ya man. The problem is what these people perceive as 'balance'. "If it kills me, its overpowered." :(
    • Up x 1
  15. Pakistani Pete

I suppose we get a form of artillery when if the Orbital Strike arrives.

Though I must concur with you - I can only envision the sheer volume of infantry units moaning about "overpowered" arms when they were stupid enough to bunch together in one place, in the first place.

And I also believe that somebody in SOE is working on an aircraft carrier...
  16. Anvildude

Apparently there will be Arty options for the MBTs- it was a Datamine someone did.
  17. Xil

Sadly, it's not going to look anything like that or be nearly as awesome. When they first announced the concept art of the Prowler for the TR, I ALMOST went Red. Game limitations will bring that carrier down to something more akin to the Lodestar or 'transport galaxy'..... OR at best.... a 'Titan' (see Battlefield 2142) object on a map that gets fought over.
  18. TheRaptorFence101

19. Rogueghost

Your mostly right, expect, for every action there is an equal and opposition reaction.
    Gauss tech fires bullets at high velocity, and thanks to the law I just stated above, would still give a considerable amount of recoil.
  20. Matthew Clark

stick your tongue to that!

On the other hand, I love this forum, even if I don't play Infiltrator. The only place I can find a rather impressive discussion on "accelerated physics" as I call Gauss technology. Muzzle flash could be caused by the round heating the air around and metal in the bullet reacting to the electricity propelling the round? Just a thought