FPS drop after GU4

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Matcap86, Mar 13, 2013.

1. SirJMD

If course they can replicate a big battle. Do you honestly think they can't spawn whatever they want to?
  2. GSZenith

sadly i did fly and got sick of how braindead is it was, oh a burster over there, right just fly somewhere else :)
  3. XRIST0

• Up x 3
  4. Pella

Hopefully its tonight/today.
  5. Naceo

They can replicate entities like mass explosions but they can't replicate 2000 people connecting from various locations in the country. PS2 is pretty good on it's landscape and model rendering (apart from the amp stations). It's the damn netcode that chugs it down and keeps the CPU from passing instructions to the video card.
    • Up x 1
  6. GSZenith

nice use of missqoute :D, btw lets go back to topic and then you can cry over your pathetic op pods in another thread :)

so currently at AMP station with 30-40fps after some tweaks. still can't get shadow=0

Btw anyone else notice the black husks of dead tanks everywhere? vanishing when you get around 200m close to them.
    pic now below.

[IMG]
    • Up x 2
  7. XRIST0

Should be here very soon man , the devs work hard to get these hotfixes out as soon as possible .

After GU3 it took a week for the hotfix because they just couldn't identify the issue , thankfully Radar has found a problem and is on it as we speak .
  8. XRIST0

This .. Is exactly why test servers are useless , somebody who understands <3

Thats why they use live servers to test there patches , i dont see why it is so hard for people to understand that .
  9. RichardDunn

I blame the performance hit on all those who whined about the Prowler. You guys got your wish but at the cost of breaking the game. It's all your fault!
    • Up x 1
  10. CptFirelord

Oh no! I'm getting over 20 frames! What ever shall I do?
    ...quit crying about 20 frames. Most of us wish we could do THAT well.
    • Up x 2
  11. Odin

Ugg no hotfix yet, wanna play darnit ....
  12. XRIST0

Fps games are not meant to be played at 20 frames per second , that is simply unplayable .

Players spend alot of money on their pc's to have the best experience , its nobodys fault but your own that you get 20fps .

Sorry no offence .
  13. CptFirelord

That was my point.. it's called sarcasm seeing how I was responding to a previous poster, but thanks for responding on impulse.
  14. SGT Ace

Well let me whine a little...

After GU3, 20-25-30 fps max, big battles 12-13 fps. Barelly playable.

Just before GU4. 30-45 fps at clear sky, big battles 14-16 fps, Barelly playable.

And then GU4 came in, everything ****** up badly... Tawrich tech plant, average battle, 5 fps. Srsly? Outside battle, 15-20 fps.

FFS do this hotfix asap. I was going to buy some SC, and I'm at breaking point again.

Should I buy, or should I wait for better performance?
    • Up x 1
  15. CptFirelord

IMHO You should wait for SOE to get their **** in gear and fix the current problems with the game before purchasing anything from them. It's like buying something from an IRL provider, you don't purchase broken/mishandled goods. I mean honestly, it's been 4 updates SOE. You should realize your screw ups now and fix the FPS issues BEFORE they become issues.
    • Up x 2
  16. SGT Ace

NOT GPU, CPU!
    • Up x 2
  17. XRIST0

Dude there is a hotfix coming , just hold tight and have some faith .

The devs do a good job , they are fixing it as we speak .

Its not as simple as one might think to just fix it , with the click of a finger .
  18. SGT Ace

I like their policy, I like their games but I can't play in such conditions. It's awfull, I've been avoiding big battles for month. I don't have high end pc, but I can run every game smooth. I understand it's 2k players per server FPS I'm just wondering why they keep telling in each patch log:
    " - Server and client optimalisations"
    ... and then my fps drops.
    • Up x 4
  19. CptFirelord

All my faith in developers was lost thanks to Craptic (yes, it's Craptic not Cryptic) with STO.
  20. Delain81

Honestly, i don't wanna be mean or somethin'..but who cares?
    When you think 20 fps is good, mhkay, that's your opinion. But the truth is, the more fps you got, the better you perform. Means i will do way better even with 30 fps than i will do with 20 (and for me 20 is allready horribly bad). And just cause some people are used to have lower fps, that doesn't mean the rest of us have to get used to it as well, especially if we're used to have way higher fps and our system is build to have HIGH fps.
  21. Evileet

I DON'T WANT TO WAIT ANYMORE QQ