FPS drop after GU4

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Matcap86, Mar 13, 2013.

1. Streetfighter

It's getting worse and worse.
  2. SpehsNublet

Damn... I knew my theory was extremely wierd. I just got this computer yesterday. Finally I could play the game with all settings maxed out with good FPS, then this horrible update comes along and takes a huge dump all over my parade :(
    • Up x 2
  3. Lordcoolio

By the way, i think that they should fully focus on making the current version of the game fully optimized as well as they can; and only after that start adding new features so it´s simpler to always return to the stable version if something goes wrong. Even commercially speaking, considering that people are not going to willing to stick with a first person shooter that does not run with stable fps. Another problem is that if it´s impossible to create a game of this scale and size to work on a medium budget gaming computer they are going to miss a major demography that a MASSIVE MULTIPLAYER game needs for its core army. Most of the people are not going to invest on a monster machine. If the optimization is indeed impossible for a game of this size to make it work on a average computer of today, well that means the world is not ready for a game like this technologically wise.
    • Up x 3
  4. SolLeks

Everyone has the latest drivers? 314.xx or w/e for nvida, IDK bout ati.

I have yet to try the game yet, so I don't know if I will be effected as well. I do have the same setup as some others here (i5 + GTX680) so it sounds like I will get worse FPS, but here is to hoping.

IIRC they say there is more than one team at their offices so they are doing both at the same time?
  5. Matcap86

Well, I had good FPS up until the update (was playing untill servers went offline) and after the new update, voila 20-25 fps less.. Don't think it's a driver issue.
    • Up x 3
  6. N0008918

Unplayable :mad: 30fps is to low for anything
  7. LordMondando

Appears to be there. Getting 24-26 fps fairly regularly.

As well as posting your specs guys (I just have mine in my profile information), try and isolate situations in which FPS is lower than you expect.
  8. Pella

Cannot even fly. 10/15fps.

Intel I7 3970X @ 4.0 GHZ
    Geforce GTX TITAN
    64GB RAM
    WINDOWS 8 64BIT

Deleted user option files and still the same problem.
  9. pnkdth

A very noticable drop. 10fps, and sometimes less, at crown/amp stations. WTB hotfix.

Updated latest drivers, etc etc etc, the whole routine. Nothing helps.
  10. CyclesMcHurtz Code Monkey

Just a quick note that I'm watching this thread and also testing this (and other) bits.
    • Up x 5
  11. Pella

Cycles,

Grab a ESF and fly around on INDAR. You will notice a huge drop in FPS.

Perhaps to do with population, But its never been this bad.

Its next to unplayable for me.
    • Up x 3
  12. LordMondando

It looks to be near omnipresent once there are any number of players near you (platoonish). and its a pretty consistent 10fps hit.

Getting people confirming this is pretty widespread on /yell in Miller.
    • Up x 1
  13. Xale

Absolute **** flying. The stutter is severely screwing up aircraft controls making aiming difficult (and thats on top of the already existing Reaver issues).
  14. Gary

If you are a regular on the forums you know that after updates deleting your useroptions.ini or usersettings.ini (not sure which it is named) is a good idea :p
  15. Hatamoto

Try going near large crowded bases, it gets particularly apparent there ... i had my "log off" moment attacking an amp station. I have my fps capped to 60 atm but i suspect average fps was actually lower than what im used to in other areas as well. I tried playing NC on Ceres when Miller was down, and didnt get the same fps drop, but this could be due to population difference.
  16. Nacasatu

My FPS is fine, no change ;)
  17. Tnsr

My PC was able to get 15 fps in big battles, which already is unplayable, now just a medium battle on a tech plant gave me 8 (EIGHT!) fps. Seriously SOE...

AMD Phenom II x4 940
    nVIDIA 560 Ti
    6 GB Ram
    Windows 7 64 bit
  18. Duvenel

Just a suggestion for future reference, if people could measure their FPS in a "stable" environment, one that doesn't change or have much going on, then we might be able to get more reliable results for everyone. Now that the VR room is here, couldn't people use this as a rough guideline on how they compare to others? Just a thought.
  19. sagolsun

Before patch 48 - 60

After patch 24 - 36

On graphs no core shows usage over 50%.
    182 threads.

CPU is at a cool 53 C, showing it's not very stressed.

Intel needs to release better CPUs NAO. Their best is not good enough!
  20. Hatamoto

Perhaps on the same note, when i disconnected from Ceres and went straight to Miller i had a weird fps drop at VS warpgate. Restarted the game and it was fine. After entering the map to look at it and then closed it down i got the weird drop again and had to restart. This didnt happen again after using the map multiple times.