New Rocket launcher for TR is OP(read this developers)

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Navoletti, Mar 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Viper279

yea got to admit it does sound like TR are getting a short end of the stick having like a TOW missile sounds alot more fun so they remove the auto fire mode and have it single shot guided but also we dont know how long the lock on timer will be could be quick (if it is i see alot of people whining about that) as well as the lock on range we dont know how far it can be. but unfortunately this is all gonna be discovered when they bring them out no point claiming so thing OP by a vid i always thought the reaver was crap but i see NC pilots destroy enemy aircraft with ease.
    dont know why i brought that up it all about personal opinions or all the idiots who think it OP when they dont know enough about it
  2. Navoletti

massive damage but the objetives have movements and escape very easy of the shot....

NC have advantage of move the bomb
    TR have advantahes of auto aim fast and multi shots,don t need problema for shot and hit the objetive.

VS a very por rocket launcher,yes with massive damage but need hit the objetive(vehicles in movements escape easy).

vanu not have auto aim and control of bomb.

for vanu is a basic rocket launcher.

i love my anhilation and the auto aim but with this basic rocket launcher i have a deception.

nice new weapons for others factions...

probably with this vanu loose more people i think in this decisión and play with a TR or NC.
  3. sustainedfire

We will see, though I am imagining the VS Lancer will be like the PUMP ACTION of rocket launcers, 1 shotting vehicles with rear hits and causing mass saddness to all non Vanu players.
  4. Vultraz

VS have a rocket launcher that has the potential to kill hovering ESFs (and maybe Libs depending on damage) easily due to the fast projectile speed, and can deal substantial damage to stationary tanks. NC can just sit in a spawn room and spam TV rockets forever.
    • Up x 2
  5. TheBloodEagle

Yeah, I shouldn't really rant though. We just have to wait and see but in all honestly, I think the TR launcher weapon will end up being a great anti-infantry launcher rather than a legitmate ant-vehicle launcher IF we get dumbfire. I think the VS and NC are going to be quite excellent at their role. I figure we (the TR HA) will use ours with dumbfire to replace the Prowler & HE turret, considering, that the new launchers will probably make it insta-death for anyone using a vehicle (especially when outfits get a mass hold of the launchers; think Annihilators but better).
  6. riker

dude the video was edited, if you run it at 1080p you can clearly see it jumps from having half health to having 1/5 health and the TR guy reloads after 3 shots....the gun has 5.........dont base posts on videos that were clearly doctored
  7. Metallic123

Thats funny because each one of those little tinks hit the vanguard softer then the anni. I guess every 3rd rocket hits like 4 decimators, that would be op.
  8. riker

ok guys lets put a laser beam effect in place.............wait so we have projectiles that go the speed of light?........ok thats going to be op........im just saying that if they say its a ''laser effect'' and it doesnt go the speed of light........someones going to get hurt very bad
  9. TheBloodEagle

Remember, it's a game...and Star Wars...yeah, don't over think it.
  10. Navoletti

but not have auto aim!!!is very hard shot and imposible destroy a vehicles in movement(liberator or other)

auto aim is a great advantage for other factions or control the shot(nc)

vanu have auto aim?in the video i not see this...

vanu have control of bomb?in the video i not see this..

the rocket launcher for vanu need auto aim or a advantage for control the shot.

probable vanu players shot a objetive and fail in the hit.
  11. sustainedfire

I do not think the NC launcher will be that great. You seem to be imagining it as having the controls of a mini ESF. I do not think it will have that precise of control, and it will have a fast forward propulsion.
  12. sustainedfire

The video shows an incomplete product. You have to wait until they are released, to see how they will actually function.
  13. Navoletti

VANU ROCKET LAUNCHER HAVE AUTO AIM?NOOO THEY NO THINK IN THIS FOR VANU!!

IS A VERY DISVANTAGE MUCH DAMAGE BUT NEED HIT THE SHOT AND IS VERY HARD IN VEHICLES IN MOVEMENTS.
  14. riker

.............wat...........
  15. WalrusJones

I'm going to go to sleep.

I'm going to wake up, and see it not released.

I'm not going to care about this issue for a week.

We will talk when we actually know what its like.
    • Up x 1
  16. Lord Robert

Someday I'm going to make threads as good as Navoletti does.
  17. Kurreah

Navoletti, the video was edited, and does not show what the launchers are actually like.

Either give us a reliable source for the claims that you are making, or stop scaremongering until you know what you are talking about.

I salute your language skills, but this is not a language issue. It is a thinking issue.
  18. Rhinzual

You do know the Striker will likely require a constantly maintained crosshair to keep the missile locked on, right? That's how it worked in PS1, the moment it broke your LoS (a tree or thing pole could do the trick) the missile instantly went to dumb-fire mode.
  19. Navoletti

PROBABLY THE WEAPONS IS BAD..NOT AUTO AIM=BAD.

TR IS OP NOW WITH MULTIPLE SHOT AND AUTO AIM NOT NEED RUN IN THE MOMENT OF SHOT A ENEMY.

NC CONTROL OF MISSILE SURE IS GREAT FOR KILL ESF AND LIBERATORS.
  20. Kurreah

If you don't know, don't pretend that you know. No one knows what they are like yet.
    Even the designers haven't finished implementing them as far as we know.

Source please.

Source please.

Source please.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.