Here's the rumble seat, incase you haven't seen it yet.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by StormStrafe, Mar 5, 2013.

1. irishroy

inf as pilot.
    engy with tankmines on the backseat.
    inf cloaks the quad.
    go to the anchored prowlers.
    decloak
    throw mines around.
    have fun
    • Up x 1
  2. Gisgo

People really understimate the flash, the radar and the fact its almost always available due to low cost and low retime.
    They will change their mind soon :D.
    • Up x 2
  3. FlR3

I busted out laughing when I read this. This is going to be fun and tankers better start listening for that cloaked quad speeding by them. They should have a ejection button when they get into trouble or almost destroyed. Maybe add a small platform instead of a footrest to place AI or AV turret, now that would be fun.
    • Up x 2
  4. Jaeger41

Some else posted that both people on the Flash have to be Infiltrators in order to cloak the Flash...
  5. Zitroxious

What about the new shotgun weapon for the flash thats coming with gu4, does anybody know anything about it yet?
    • Up x 1
  6. Nintyuk

Well it will probably be 1000 certs or 700sc to unlock. There isn't a shotgun that is any less than that plus it's a new shiny so it's top price.
  7. hardrain1911

the only way the rumble seat will be OP is if there will be no 1st person view. i bet that VS females will always have a willing rider for there flashes! :) if u get what i mean!
    • Up x 1
  8. WalrusJones

I think we will see nothing but flashes in a few weeks.

Give me time to blaze through the art of war once more.
    I will obsolete everything else to make this happen.
    • Up x 2
  9. StormStrafe

I don't have any info on that, sorry. Of course, it goes without saying that it will be a relatively close range weapon with plenty of burst damage. I wonder if the Flash Shotgun will be a one shot reload like the Enforcer Modified use to be or have a short magazine like the latter has now.

My main question is whether the nerf to the splash radii of all vehicular based explosive weaponry will make the Flash Shotgun the favored weapon over the current M40 Fury grenade launcher.
  10. AgamemnonV1

If they do, it will immediately out-class the Skyguard.
    • Up x 5
  11. StormStrafe

I haven't even tried to think of any FlashMAX (you heard it hear first, lol) tactics because most of the obvious ones seem very powerful and I don't want to get my hopes up incase MAXs can't even take advantage of the rumble seat.

However, it is a current problem that when your buddy pulls a MAX to help cap a defended base, he's stuck there after the cap unless someone going to the same place as you guys has spent 400 resources on a Sunderer or 350 resources on a Galaxy since he can't hop into any vehicles other than those two.

Of course your buddy can always abandon his MAX suit (wasting 100 resources) or simply have the patience to run (which makes him very vulnerable outside if he's an NC AI MAX due to their close effective range).

MAXs having access to rumble seats would alleviate this problem greatly yet may make even more problems due to balance issues.

I can appreciate either side of the issue when it comes to whether or not MAXs should be allowed in the rumble seats of Flashes and I'll be happy either way.
  12. hardes13

If the guy on the rumbleseat has a limited, it will be hard to shoot on it.
    i am still guessing that it will be fun but you will be xp on weels
    • Up x 1
  13. StormStrafe

XP on wheels, haha, I like that. I'll being using that term a lot now, thanks.

I'm just a huge fan of high-risk, high-reward tactics and strategies. You're right though, it's all about the fun.

Sounds like a win-win situation to me.
  14. Nintyuk

I
    I hope for the MAX's sake they can at least ride if not fire. I don't see why it wouldn't be balanced as the flash dies a lot quicker than A MAX any way and when a vehicle explodes it always kills it's passengers If they didn't eject in time. Also even If it doesn't explode your driver still is very vulnerable an if he dies your stuck without a paddle.
    • Up x 1
  15. Takoita

The question is: will the cloaking module be able to muffle that engine sound?
    • Up x 3
  16. SpaceHobo

How much does a Max weigh? 1-2 tons? i dont think that the flash engine is strong enough for such a monster. And a giant MAX on the backseat of a flash would just look weird. Like if he was riding one of those tiny clown bicycles backwards.
  17. RasFW

Anyone else thinking of that "Drive me closer, I want to hit them with my sword!" picture? Thats pretty much what I wanna do. Drive up behind a sniper and have my passenger stab him from the back of the flash.
    • Up x 2
  18. StormStrafe

Haha, that was my immediate thought as well but no one else seemed to think it was an issue, thanks for bringing it up. However, this game is the farthest thing from being realistic and so I honestly wouldn't be surprised if MAXs could indeed use the rumble seat; space-age lightweight materials and all.
  19. sophont

That would probably make me piss myself laughing.
    or if there was a sidecar it would be even funnier.
    • Up x 2
  20. StormStrafe

Hahaha, here's that pic: http://i.imgur.com/vmHNUz3.png

I remember hearing that Luperza was actually able to get knife kills from the rumble seat during play testing.

Speaking of swords: Name your price, SOE. Name your price.