Here's the rumble seat, incase you haven't seen it yet.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by StormStrafe, Mar 5, 2013.

1. Schnitzle

It's going to be dubbed the no-aim seat because we all know how good flash physics are.
    • Up x 2
  2. xvader

Flash up to the rear of those pesky MBT's with a HA in the rumble seat. Let the HA have fun nuking their rear with rocket launchers. When you get spotted, relocalize before the turret turns and kills you. Rinse and repeat. Annoying as hell.
    • Up x 1
  3. Pikachu

The extra seat will be in the utility group of certs most likely. You will not be able to have radar or turbo (I can't live without turbo).
    • Up x 1
  4. flipmoomonkey

In the update post it was listed as:

Rumble seat - bring a passenger with you on your flash, they are weapons free in the passenger seat!

In military vernacular "weapon's free" means able to shoot, so shouldn't be any restrictions on the rifles as least, might be odd to see people dropping Claymores off the back though so not sure how the alternative weapon slots will work.
    • Up x 4
  5. Nintyuk

The update thread stated that passengers are weapons free in all rumble seats, Rumble seats are a feature originally announced in the Buggy roadmap thread as the buggy will feature at least 1.
    And as it's always referenced to as a rumble seat we know that you can use any and all weapons.

Plus there's dev's on reddit say things they have gotten kills with the knife while riding as rumble passenger.
    • Up x 3
  6. StormStrafe

If an armor column spots a pack of enemy flashes with engineers in the rumble seats who cross their intended path without stopping, they'd be wise to check for mines.
    • Up x 4
  7. Nepau

Beware the Blue Turtle shell.
    • Up x 5
  8. Cl1mh4224rd

I strongly suspect that the Wraith module and the rumble seat will go in the same slot, so you could have one or the other, but not both.
  9. Fligsnurt

My god! It would be a more effective version of the Skyguard! :eek: lol
    • Up x 9
  10. StormStrafe

That sounds like a good way of balancing out the fact that only one (indeed, the most appropriate) class can activate cloak on their flash while all the others can't.

Giving everyone a rumble seat probably sounded better to the devs than giving all the flashes class-specific ("F" key) abilities.
  11. DJPenguin

If this was a sidecar with a machine gun.. I'd get it in a heartbeat. Truth is though, no rider is going to be able to substitute the radar especially if you have your flash tricked out with a fury. Anyone who uses it as a combat vehicle can tell you that it's difficult enough just trying to stabilize your own weapon when moving.. i can only imagine how difficult and infuriating it's going to be for the passenger.
  12. GraphicJ

Oh I see you got a sneak peek of TR's secret prototype.
    • Up x 5
  13. Vertabrae

I give it 20 mins after they are released that someone shows up on the forum with a thread about how OP the rumble seat makes Flash's now. Nerd rage will ensue.
    • Up x 5
  14. Takara

1) Driving down a bridge and dropping tank mines/C4 off the back and making tanks chase you.

2) Driving by with the lasher, spaming groups of enemies.

3) Put a heavy with Lancer/Deci/Anti-air/Anti vehicle lock on lauchers and flank enemy tanks or chase down ESF's (depending on if you face forward or back.)

4) Mobile repair - Engi on back repairing tanks as they move up.

5) Equip a fury...drive by lightnings and shoot them with a clip then zoom by well the heavy hits them with a deci.
    • Up x 4
  15. Blarg20011

I give it 20 min before it's released.
    • Up x 2
  16. Ayabe

Just means two kills for the price of one. I am eager to blast a few of them.
  17. Kristan

I will cert it only with such decal.

[IMG]
    • Up x 9
  18. Cowabunga

Won't be able to equip wraith module and rumble seat at the same time afaik.
  19. Bill Hicks

Massive flash races without interference.
  20. Rhinzual

That looks like a female Vanu Light Assault to me. All that rumbling much cause too much motion due to the spandex we VS always sport.