Game Update 04: Coming soon!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Higby, Mar 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Enemylol

No server transfers? I guess I have to start over at BR1 to be with my friends on a different server. Not cool SOE.
  2. SikVvVidiT

******* Comical TR gets the shaft agian!

"TR - Striker: launches a series of mid-damage guided missiles at a single target, the Striker's user must maintain the lock by keeping the enemy in the crosshairs while the missiles are tracking."

So NC get their AV back they had in PS1
    VS get their AV back they had in PS1

But the TR gets a AV that is modified and must have the lock on maintained in order to hit its target, this is not what we had in PS1...

Everquest Higby FTW agian!
  3. drNovikov

I's unacceptable that campertank deals wice splash damage as other tanks.
  4. siiix

yeah you cut out the second part THEN RELEASE A NEW SINGLE SHOOT GUN, its that simple , who the hell needs a double shoot cannon anyhow
  5. 0prometheus0

SOE!!!!!.....STOP WITH VEHICLE NERFING!!! YOU ARE GOING TO RUIN THE GAME!!! STOP WITH VEHICLE NERFING!!! YOU ARE GOING TO RUIN THE GAME!!!STOP WITH VEHICLE NERFING!!! YOU ARE GOING TO RUIN THE GAME!!!

I am new to the ps2 franchise but I have fallen in love with the lore and the scale of this game... that being said.. The concept of open warfare is what attracted me to this game... now you are killing this game because there are a few noobs who cry about not being able to be a god-mode soldier.. please, consider your actions before you take this too far.

There are already countless ways for engineers, L.A. and H.A. troops to kill tanks/planes. There are lock on rockets, dumb fire rockets, C4, tank mines, and coming soon faction specific rocket launchers, and a Max fitted with Duel AA or Duel AV weapons can cause serious pain for players in vehicles.

Yet you are allowing people who don't know how to use vehicles to their advantage, complain that they are being killed too much and want a game based solely around infantry to shape the way the game is played!!!...

I CALL BS!!! THIS IS A WAR!!!! NOT HOLD MY HAND AND HELP NOOBS BE A SUPER SOLDIER-side

There are ways to balance the game, without punishing people who are capable vehicle pilots. If you increase the spawn timer, I among many others, im sure would agree with this strategy to prevent vehicle spamming.

I do have a problem however with this notion that because I am a capable tank pilot, I have to be punished because my tank is doing what its suppose to be doing... KILLING PEOPLE!!!

Rather than approaching this from a practical manner and buffing Flak Armor that a soldier can cert into... You choose to NERF Tanks to accommodate infantry!!!!!

On the topic of the Prowler, I completely disagree with this move. You the devs, give a faction a tank with two barrels because you want it to have a much higher fire rate. Now, you say that that fire rate shouldn't count for anything because this tank is becoming too effective at killing infantry... no, this is wrong.. you shouldn't punish people driving a prowler by reducing their infantry damage, you should be increasing the other two factions MBT damage vs Inf.

Here is why... A prowler must hit the same guy twice to kill him.. yet the other tanks only need to hit them one time for the same effect.... not really fair when you take into consideration that most infantry are on the move, and this having to hit the same target twice is more difficult from longer distances.

Now consider this, Most tanks who shoot near someone should be killing that person, regardless of who is firing be it prowler, mag or vanguard... Why? if 1, ONE, 1 tank mine can blow up a main battle tank... you cant tell me that a tank shell is not meant to kill someone that the shell lands near... If i am charging a base, and a mag fires at me and misses directly but hits close to me.. I should be dead! If I try to c4 a vanguard and the turns and fires at me and it misses me but this the wall directly behind me... I should be dead...If a prowler shoots at someone and it lands near their feet. they should be dead!...

Otherwise... just remove all the tanks, planes, and stuff that makes this game fun because people are going to just cry about it ruining their epic god mode killing spree and threaten to not play any more. I mean for Christ sakes, you might as well slap a TF2 stamp on here and give me my SASHA back damn it.
    • Up x 2
  6. Forkyar24

Higby your going to kill the prowler with this update,remove that crap.
    • Up x 2
  7. Lovepump

8. Bellaby

I would like to go ahead and beg for the Cert Reset Item in this update. Quite a few Certs I had bought were misleading in the descriptions, and other things seemed useful but realized later that they were useless.
    • Up x 1
  9. MGP

Someone may have already asked this, but still:
    1. Will Lancer/Phoenix will be able to one-shot-kill the ESF?
    2. Will the Striker be able to lock on to MAXes, and/or able to dumbfire?
  10. Kosetzu

Account level unlocks: Will this mean that if I purchase a pack with multiple items it affects all factions? And will for example SMGs and Shutguns be across factions, as they have a very obvious matching item on the other faction. I'm holding off using any more SC on this game until I know what I'm getting with it.

Empire Specific Rocket Launchers: While I know the specific stats may yet be tweaked somewhat, it would be great to know aproximately how powerful these will be.

Lancer - Will it instagib ESF/MAX at max charge, and what will the charge time be like?
    Striker - Will flares/smoke remove lock on? (Imo it shouldn't with how you need to keep aiming at them.) How big is the "lock on" circle we need to keep the vehicle in? (Keeping an ESF locked is not easy when they fly all over your head, even with the current fire and forget.)
    Phoenix - Will it instagib vehicles from behind? Will the guided rocket render at decent distances so you can avoid it with some skill? (This goes for the MANA AV Turret as well, they are way too difficult to spot and take down when they sit at max render distance as a vehicle, and they should never have been guided imo.)

Notable balance changes: While I understand that getting farmed by vehicles is frustrating, the ones who get farmed are the ones who NEVER counter the armor. Camped in a spawn room? Go HA, duck out and fire and back in, or actually coordinate it and leave the spawn room constantly (they won't get a lot of you past the first to exit because of reloads, unless you stick around jumping directly in front of their cannon(s)). If there are 15 tanks outside your spawn room, why should they be punished for doing a tactically sound thing controlling the area?

Prowler HEAT / HE - While the concern is already voiced, I have to wonder how big of a nerf this will be. The one good thing about the Prowler is being able to direct their shots to different areas, and nerfing them to Vanguard / Magrider levels in terms of damage this way will make the faction trait of the Prowler almost useless. I guess only AP will be useful in the end, as you either hit that infantry or you deal lackluster damage. Sure I play TR a lot, but I've played the other factions a decent amount of time and I don't find it very OP when I roll over Prowlers with infantry or vehicles. I agree Prowlers needed a slight nerf, but don't overdo it like you did with the buff they got...

Torque improvement is very much needed, somewhat for other vehicles as well. (Certain hills leaves you at ~15-20 km/h, almost making it quicker to run past them...)

I play air, armor and infantry in this game, but with all the vehicle nerfs I'm less interested in vehicles every day. If I want to play an infantry vs infantry game I would go somewhere else. Most of us DO NOT sit around all day farming infantry in our vehicles, yet that is what all this balancing seems to target, while it punishes those who actually use their vehicles for more than cert farms.

I would rather see minor adjustments each patch than the 25% adjustments we've seen previously, and do not buff one thing against another which also gets a nerf in the same patch. Try out one of the changes first, see how it works for a couple weeks minimum and then look at the other change if it is still required. Ohh yeah and add more character slots (up to 5 perhaps), 3 is just enough for 1 of each faction (which it seems most use them for).
    • Up x 1
  11. Munq

What the hell are you talking about? Striker has always had to keep reticle on the target to maintain lock. If something has been modified it's the charge mechanic on Lancer.
  12. Vanuub

NC HA with phoenix in that seat and you are set. Very mobile while still guiding that cameramissile, very high threat. Or with other lockon HA, now they can persue/evade at high speed while firing, kiss your ESF goodbye.
    "Rumble seats" are are ridiculously overpowered combined with certain weapons and classes.

Wonder how bad it gets with the cloak module and a infil driving... if the cloaking also hides the passenger....
    • Up x 1
  13. MasterTater

---

Actually - this global nerf was neccessary - but we generally see the problem of this pay to win cash shop game already after few weeks.

Launch new OP weapons, which force players pay to win to stay competitive and completely destroy balance in favor of kicking the money out of donkies´ arses which buy in the cash shop.

Actually this seems the only important and neccessary thing, which has to work for SOE

=> That the cash shop is burning, while the game performance and balance became patched into an alpha testing phase to make the quick money with idiots.

e.g. according to the tank problem that infantry is farmed:
    Buffing of tanks, increasing their dmg and armor (= creating the problem = creating customer demand)
    Launching antitank weapons without which most players are completely unable to play effectively against OP tanks, e.g. Lockon missle launchers, Anti tank turrents, and the new to be launched Empire specific rocket launchers for 7 euro (= offering the solution to problems which SOE enforce upon players with purposely unbalanced patches to kick the cash shop threadmill)

=> Complete Scam pay to win cash shop model of idiots.
    I dont want to argue with SOe that they have to make money - actually they are entitled to it when delivering a AAA title with stable client performance, good customer service and balanced gameplay - but the only thing happening is ripping off paying customers. Check the forum about disappointed and mistreated customers.

This game wont last long, but till then, SOE will farm money form cash shop junkies like a double HE Prowler infantrists in front of a spawnroom.
    • Up x 1
  14. maxkeiser

Tanks are already weak enough already with more than enough ways of countering them.

Keep the splash damage the same (at least for standard rounds - not HE) or we will end up with BF3 style paper tanks which people just avoid because they are death-traps.

Infantry should fear them - run for cover or hide.
    • Up x 1
  15. Halo572

OMFG, you mean no more 1hk on infantry when I am in my snug heavily armoured vehicle that they can only run in terror from?

You mean that they will be able to destroy us and we won't be able to sit 3 feet from TI alloys spamming HE rounds into the spawn repairing faster than they can damage us?

That is so unfair.

Having got the AV turret over the weekend - with certs - the idiocy of armour users is breathtaking. They sit out in the open and rarely attempt to move when being hit 2-3 times in a row. I have destroyed more armour in 2 days than in 3 months as they can't run off now as I aim not some dumb lock.

They are so conditioned that they are invulnerable it is like shooting ducks. I don't even think they believe they can be destroyed when under 10% health and make no attempt to move.

You will now have to be careful, as you always should have had to be. No more ridge top camping, no more open plains camping.

But what we do need is a weapon that the aircraft don't laugh at, flying into AA flak or hovering in front of infantry with a Hawk laughing before you 1hk them needs to stop as well.

And this 'you have C4, tank mines, launchers' whining - you have to get close to use them you morons and by that time you are invariably dead.

And your cash shop conspiracy theories - use certs, I have for 2 launchers and a turret. It takes time but you don't have to pay and the only thing I will be paying for is a cert reset as I made some upgrade mistakes I have learnt about.
    • Up x 2
  16. MasterTater

They will be overpowered like everything else to push massive sales in the cash shop.
    Its a pay to win cash shop concept for idiots to farm the most money out the player base before the game dries out due to the resulting disillusion of the broad player base, caused by the cash shop model itsef.

Launching new OP items to the cash shop - nerfing them later on - or launching an even more OP items 2 weeks later to follow up the pay to win cash shop threadmill (e.g. SMGs - first smg better than most ingame weapons, 2weeks later an overclocked version of the SMGmaking the first almost useless)

Only idiots still buy in the cash shop and enforce SOEs incentive to canibalize the own game in balance and performance while making sheit loads of money with this player driven ******** concept and the destruction of a potentially excellent game at the same time.
  17. MasterTater

LOL - thats exactly what infantriest already do - but it does not help with slash dmg - infantriests still get ***** even in cover due to explosives.

Exactly why the explosive rounds get nerfed - which are especially OP on the prowler with a +30% dmg on double shot hit compared to the other tanks.
  18. Manetheren

^This. Nuff said, SOE, step on it!
  19. Edgar Allan Bro

Any news if double xp will happen this weekend?
    • Up x 1
  20. Doc Savage

Exactly what I've been screaming about since the official launch. Right now, if a tank rolls up on me, I play engineer 90% of the time. I jump ON TOP of them toss three Tank Mines, BOOM! I win. I do the same thing with deployed Sundys. This is ridiculous that a engineer can run up to a vehicle and kill it in one fell swoop. Especially a deployed or non-moving vehicle. Mines under a deployed vehicle are not working as intended. Just in case you are wondering, got some official jibber jabber from Mr Trammel.

[IMG]

As someone else said, vehicles are pretty much useless at this point. Even before this new update. Oh hey have a fully armor 4 sundy? No problem, toss two mines under it and it's gone. Mineguard 4? No problem, 2 C4 and a grenade launcher will take it out. That's all from an engineer. Oh and if you're a tiny bit smart, you set your AV turret up about 5m behind it for good measure.

And don't give me that "you should guard your sundy" crap. I sit on my sundy with a M40/Thermal and AA layout and still get hammered. Sad thing is, I do it just as much to others.

So, thanks for making vehicles even more fragile. How about taking all our certs back and just not letting us have armor?
    • Up x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.