Game Update 04: Coming soon!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Higby, Mar 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. McWafflez

so the tr get a rocket launcher that is a downgrade from all the fire and forget lock on launchers....what
  2. Phazaar

I'm happy to see changes coming, but really, can we get some vehicle love. I'm not talking about buffs or anything of the kind, just a bit of expansion. Since launch we've had countless new infantry weapons and nothing for vehicles.

More important than that, can we just get some basic 'fixes' to ridiculous errors in the implementation of vehicles. There's no reason that in third person I shouldn't be able to see the lock on warning, or tell whether my shield is recharging or not. It's just irritating to constantly have to switch to first person and readjust at all times.

Then a fix to auto-convergence (especially on the Reaver) would be phenomenal.

Please, Higby. Pretty please...
    • Up x 3
  3. Haya jii san

Pay some attention to the VS related threads & Magrider issues. We got ~3 threads about VS being UP and ~6-7 about Magrider underperforming ... Only thing we get is fixing our strafing issues ?
  4. Higby Developer

Wait til you see it. It's DEFINITELY not a downgrade.
    • Up x 8
  5. Stellus

This x infinity
    • Up x 3
  6. Zazen

I love that the developers actually play the game and know when there's a problem and get it resolved, but don't just knee-jerk and over-nerf due to forum temper tantrums. Thanks Higby & Co. for caring about your game.
    • Up x 2
  7. disky00

It sounds awesome. I miss that kind of weapon from my UT days. So much fun. As NC, I'm totally looking forward to getting my Phoenix back, though.
    • Up x 2
  8. Torok

oh and i'm secretly wishing that in those "Bug Fixes list" there is the one that's tainting my vanguard shield preventing it to work, i'm praying :D
  9. Phazaar

I truly hope it extends to direct hit damage. How would it possibly make it worse than the other tanks at AI roles. You still have a almost immediate second shot which will kill with splash damage even if the first shot is not a direct hit either. Meanwhile, a Magrider or Vanguard cannot kill with splash damage, and has half the chance to get a direct hit in the same amount of time.

The blindness of the TR amazes me.
  10. nitram1000

Please ignore the TR whining, Matt they are not used to having something that isn't the best or overpowered. TR, I hope you finally get to feel what it's like to have something inferior for a change.
  11. JuggernaughtMan

"Additional top requested features, such as friendly troop locations will be coming soon, but not with GU04"

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees ******* yes.
    • Up x 1
  12. Arreo

My guess about how the NC Phoenix is going to be balanced is that the missile is going to be slow which means that the person firing and controlling it is going to be stuck with zero situational awareness for second after second.

At least the TR will be able to move and break the lock if they get threatened. NC Heavies sound like they are going to be blind sitting ducks while firing.
    • Up x 2
  13. Fubbles

Am I right to assume this will effect the liberator weapons dalton, zephyr, bulldog and ESF rocket pods?

Will the NC phoenix function like the current engineer AV turret, or like the original phoenix from Planetside1?

Are you still keeping a close eye on air balance, now more than ever that merges have happened and (at least on my server) there is a very healthy population and multiple platoons sized battles with AA traps of doom all over the place? I know a lot of the air imbalance was on low pop servers when no one pulled AA in small squad battles.

Any chance for account wide unlocks for weapons in the same tier/role Ex. I bought the lasher and would love to use the minigun/jackhammer or the CQC carbine equal to my VX6-7 on my other toons.

Lastly is there any certification respec feature on the horizon. I feel like so much has changed since launch and many things I have certed into have changed drastically and I would rather have those certs back now. I know a lot of other players who wish they could optimize their certs now as well knowing what they do now (a lot of people certed into things like nano weave, flak armor, adv. shield capacitor not knowing they couldn't be used at the same time). I know it will be a paid feature but I think 1 free certification respec should be given due to the overwhelming changes and sometimes fundamental changes to how unlock/certs function within the game.

Thanks in advance and keep on rolling out those updates :D
    • Up x 3
  14. Badname2490

Whineside 2
    • Up x 5
  15. McWafflez

He says as if the prowler was amazing before game update
    • Up x 4
  16. Domonvoi

One thing that is absent from the GU04 update is where exactly do cosmetics such as Composite Helmets and armor fall into????

Is it the next time the Helmet package comes up and I buy it I now have all helmets across all races and factions or do I need to buy it three times????

This goes double with the armor as well....
  17. Fleischwolf

So how drastically will this affect the M60 Bulldog on the Galaxy wings? I'm just afraid that with a new G2A weapons and a "nerf" to explosive defensive weapons that a dedicated Galaxy pilot like myself is going to struggle even more. I just want to make sure a specialized "anti-infantry" weapon can still effectively tackle infantry. Maybe make it take 1 more shot? 6000 certs into the Galaxy, I'm panicking....
    • Up x 2
  18. Sifer2

Now see first you said it was only splash, now your implying again that it will require two direct hits to kill Infantry. Which will be silly. And make it worse than the other MBT's. It's hard enough to direct hit once with an off center barrel let alone twice. Your also bringing recoil into the equation for TR only. It's the same reason everyone uses Bolt Action snipers instead of the semi's.
    • Up x 3
  19. treeHamster

Will this new TR launcher be a TOW modeled launcher like the AV Mana Turret or will it be a laser guided launcher?
  20. Bucketnate

he said this is SOME of the features, this isn't a full GU04 Notes thread
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.